carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise - Souffles at their Black Friday Sale

SMC

Ideal_Rock

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ones they've posted for Fri/Mon! I can't believe some of the colors!

I have a white souffle pearl strand and I love it! It catches the light beautifully and there are so many colors that get reflected in them. I don't know how delicate they are and I keep mine in a jewelry box.

I think they're beautiful and would make a great addition to anyone's pearl treasure case!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1385406219|3562648 said:

I have a white souffle pearl strand and I love it! It catches the light beautifully and there are so many colors that get reflected in them. I don't know how delicate they are and I keep mine in a jewelry box.

I think they're beautiful and would make a great addition to anyone's pearl treasure case!

Thanks for your input. Do you think that they crush easily? Do you feel like if you put a pearl between your fingers and squeezed, it would collapse?

I've never handled a souffle pearl before so sorry for my naivety.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Some of the more experienced pearl lovers here probably know more than me but the nacre seemd pretty thick and sturdy. When I get home tonight I'll check mine out (and try not to crush it!!!).

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sortmon|1385406445|3562653 said:
pkinnew|1385406219|3562648 said:

Thanks for your input. Do you think that they crush easily? Do you feel like if you put a pearl between your fingers and squeezed, it would collapse?

I've never handled a souffle pearl before so sorry for my naivety.

Maybe chat up a PP representative and ask them? It would have never crossed my mind that they might be so fragile, but now that you mention it, it seems a reasonable concern. I'm sure it can withstand a decent amount of though (like from your fingers).

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I bought 17 souffle pearls last year from PP and made a long tin cup necklace. I Love mine!!!! I get compliments on them wherever I go. I don't feel they are fragile- but I've never tried to crush mine, either-lol. They are so lightweight- you hardly feel like you're wearing jewelry and the colors and luster are wonderful. I bought another group of icy pink ones and just got them last week. They are just soooooo pretty- this group is destined for a tincup for my sister.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Souffles have plenty of nacre, they will not squish.
Not to say that a clout with a hammer might not have an effect but any pearl could be damaged that way
They are a total stress pain to string though because there is no channel through the pearl so getting the tip of the needle through the far hole is poke jiggle fiddle to straighten the needle, stop, have a cup of tea, start again....

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1385414245|3562723 said:
Souffles have plenty of nacre, they will not squish.
Not to say that a clout with a hammer might not have an effect but any pearl could be damaged that way
They are a total stress pain to string though because there is no channel through the pearl so getting the tip of the needle through the far hole is poke jiggle fiddle to straighten the needle, stop, have a cup of tea, start again....

Thank you! I have no idea how much PP's souffles are going to cost, but if I can swing it - I'd really like one! :)

This article grossed me out a little bit though: http://www.jckonline.com/2010/03/09/souffle-pearls-have-dirty-secret

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
well, that's how they are cultured. the pay-off is the lightness. I have a two strand rope of 15mm+ and they are perf comfortable because they are souffle (but I hope I never have to re-string them)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1385405645|3562637 said:
Does anyone own souffle pearls? Pearl Paradise's most recent blog post about the Tahitian(?) souffles they're offering on Black Friday really has me coveting one.

http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/11/working-with-metallic-souffle-pearls-for-black-friday/

Was wondering how you like them if you do own them. They seem very delicate and I was wondering if they would crush easily. Does anyone have any experience owning them? Would you recommend them?

oh, forgot to add in my earlier post. these are not Tahitian. Souffles are freshwater pearls from China.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I purchased this metallic silver blue soufflé from Kojima Pearls. It is plenty sturdy and no more fragile than other pearls.

souffle_2.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1385422314|3562829 said:
I purchased this metallic silver blue soufflé from Kojima Pearls. It is plenty sturdy and no more fragile than other pearls.

Oh, that is beautiful!!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1385418297|3562769 said:
sortmon|1385405645|3562637 said:
Does anyone own souffle pearls? Pearl Paradise's most recent blog post about the Tahitian(?) souffles they're offering on Black Friday really has me coveting one.

http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/11/working-with-metallic-souffle-pearls-for-black-friday/

Was wondering how you like them if you do own them. They seem very delicate and I was wondering if they would crush easily. Does anyone have any experience owning them? Would you recommend them?

oh, forgot to add in my earlier post. these are not Tahitian. Souffles are freshwater pearls from China.

I realized that after reading the blog post more carefully (instead of just looking at all the pretty pictures). Hopefully freshwater from China = more affordable price.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
:love: the souffles! Looks like I will end up with some impulsive purchase during black Friday again. :tongue:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The anticipation is killing me :lol:. PP specials are usually great so I can't wait to see what they come up with this year. The pictures on the blog are certainly awe inspiring. :love:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1385431695|3562921 said:
The anticipation is killing me :lol:. PP specials are usually great so I can't wait to see what they come up with this year. The pictures on the blog are certainly awe inspiring. :love:

Ditto - do you think they will go on sale right on Friday at midnight PST? ;-)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1385431774|3562923 said:
baby monster|1385431695|3562921 said:

Ditto - do you think they will go on sale right on Friday at midnight PST? ;-)

I dunno....refresh...refresh...refresh... :bigsmile:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those are just beautiful ! Pearl envy...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
These are my souffles. The pendent on the fireball strand is from the very first batch of souffles that were made and offered in Tucson in 2010. I have worn it many, many times and never had a problem. The starfish pendent I have also had for a couple of years. Both pearls have very thick nacre.

04-28-11apendant_souffle_pearl.jpg

11-23-10b_edit.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love that starfish !!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I see your fireball strand and souffle pendant I "get the vapors"!!! Absolutely stunning! And that starfish pendant is perfectly designed to fit the souffle. Love your pearls!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't try to crush my souffles last night but I did put some pressure on them and they're fine. And after reading other posts on this thread it seems that while they are hollow they are certainly sturdy. Hope you get what you want!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1385495418|3563349 said:
I didn't try to crush my souffles last night but I did put some pressure on them and they're fine. And after reading other posts on this thread it seems that while they are hollow they are certainly sturdy. Hope you get what you want!

Thank you! Me too! Fingers crossed.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I have a double strand of souffles from PP and they are light, yet sturdy. The nacre is super thick. I also have a souffle pendant from PP. I love souffles because I want big pearls, but heavy weight bothers me. This is the perfect solution.

helium_balloon_with_yukata_1.jpg

souffle_neck_shot_0.jpg

twisted_souffle_and_metallic_drop_0.jpg

souffles_twisted_at_0.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1385511753|3563493 said:
I have a double strand of souffles from PP and they are light, yet sturdy. The nacre is super thick. I also have a souffle pendant from PP. I love souffles because I want big pearls, but heavy weight bothers me. This is the perfect solution.

You are making me so jealous with your pieces. I know that Thanksgiving should be all about being grateful for what I already have, but this thread has made the season all about coveting what I don't have.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have a strand of soufflés I wear almost every second day. They are very sturdy and light which makes them super comfortable to wear. I highly recommend them. I can't wait to see what PP has in their sale (caveat: I can't buy anything. I must not...)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would love to get 9 or 10 of those.....

actually...I'd like to get a lot more than that... :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results