shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise Ruckus 2012

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
From my reading on the other forum, it sounds like a lot of fun. I hope that you will come back with pictures and stories, if you are able to go. :wavey:

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I wish! Someday...

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I want to go and I am so envious-- please post pictures, those of you who go!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover I'll see you there :mrgreen: Just talked to the new Mrs Sheperd today and they brought some very special pearls back from HongKong to show us. I have been emailing Sarah at Kojima and she is bring they pearls we wanted to see too :appl: . Hope you are ready to be wined and dined :mrgreen:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo! I was hoping he would find something special for Ruckus attenders like last year. I can't wait. I am packing the South Sea strand you let me borrow this spring and it's flying out to your neck soon. Do you have your shopping list ready yet? The website was down for several days so I haven't looked the whole thing over since it's back working again. I really want some blue akoya earrings and then I just have to see what else is in "The Vault" that catches my eye. I am bringing my camera to take lots of pictures of the pearls to share here.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't NEED anything but I know I will be coming home with a pearl pendant or two from Sarah and probably J's white metallics that I have wanted forever. When I do get in that vault who knows what special pearls will demand I bring them home. I am bringing the huge Kamoka that I got from Josh last year to be set with a enhancer bale so I can finally wear it.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
White metallics eh?

Well that is interesting.

I inquired about those some months back and was unsuccessful in acquiring any. Wonder what list one has to be on to be able to buy a strand... :rolleyes:

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1342760352|3237057 said:
White metallics eh?

I inquired about those some months back and was unsuccessful in acquiring any. Wonder what list one has to be on to be able to buy a strand... :rolleyes:

Don't be offended. They do not want to sell me anything either :tongue:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well there ya go icekid.

Looks like we got us on a list you and I.

Wonder who else is on the list? :lol:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Well Begonia obviously you are not on the right list. Call and ask to be put on the list for the white metallic strands. You need to call. Then ask to be put on the prefered list that will give you advanced notice on specials that are up coming. The white metallics are rare and not easily obtainable and the wait as some just found out could be up to two years. As of this weekend everyone who was on the list got notified as a strand was availiable for them. That was before we who attended the Ruckus were even offered them.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia|1342760352|3237057 said:
White metallics eh?

Several months ago there weren't any availiable J only found some select strands when he was shopping in Hong Kong this past June. These are rare strands. They do not match for them. These are collected out of the entire havest and the Chinese say they have a rare green undertone which don't match into their regular strands. But Jeremy says it is not the green undertone you see it is the magnified orient that makes them look so special.

See my post above on how to get them. They are worth the wait.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Strands of white metallics from Pearl Paradise. These are the larger of the two sizes they have in stock.

wms2.jpg

whitemetallicsnds.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new strand of white metallics :mrgreen: I have wanted these and been on the "list" for a very long time. Yesterday I had them on at the bank and the teller who was a man said those are really beautiful pearls.

pgp_12_p_0.jpg

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1343229249|3239700 said:
Here is my new strand of white metallics :mrgreen: I have wanted these and been on the "list" for a very long time. Yesterday I had them on at the bank and the teller who was a man said those are really beautiful pearls.

Wow! Those are beautiful! I'd love to have a strand and some earrings!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
babymonster, You have to join Pearl Guide. Once you do you are allowed into the private section called "other stuff" That is where you hear about the ruckus or unrelated items to the other catagories. I emailed Jeremy and asked how to get a invite to his shindig. It has a limited amount to the group. I believe it has always been held in the end of July. I hope it is held in the LA area again next year. The trip to 'The Vault" is the highlight of the event.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I sure would like to be put on a White Metallic waiting list - I can wait two years if I must. I don't mean to be rude, but what would be a ball park figure for something like that (gotta start saving NOW). I have 20" silver pink metallics, so maybe 21 or 22" would be nice.

Will pearl studs be available or maybe a pendant?

I bought some pearls on their July 4th sale, some peach pink drops and a 5 mm black freshwater strand, both for my niece. Small pearls look very charming on a young neck. (OK, what doesn't look good on a young neck?) ;-)

More metallic pearl pix please!!! Yum yum!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well I had extensive dealing with PP (I believe it was last November) and expressed an interest in white metallics, and them being something I was really keen to have. There was never any mention of a 'list', and I ended up buying freshadamas.

Now they are pretty, but they weren't something I was pining for.

It makes me feel like the list wasn't mentioned as there was motivation on PP's part to sell me a strand of freshadamas at that time, and not a potential sale of white metallics in the future. Had I known of a possibility of this 'list', I would have considered that option. The answer I got for my query was a flat out 'No'. I think you have to have a lot of experience buying pearls from PP and be part of their inner circle to have access to this information, neither of which I had.

I am disappointed, and my budget for pearls is exhausted for quite some time.

The list is going to be years long now...

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia, I also purchased a strand similar to 4RanchGirl's metallic white freshwaters. Mine doesn't have the natural pink overtone her's has. I asked Jeremy to help me select my strand from the group on the table. While viewing the pearls Jeremy pulled out a strand of White Natural color cultured Hanadama akoya's from his stock in the vault and set it next to the strand he selected for me. To the untrained eye, I couldn't tell them apart. The strand with the clasp is the Natural color cultured Hanadama akoya strand.
By the way, there are two different sizes of these pretty pearl strands, we selected the 8-8.5mm. You will have to call to see pricing and select the clasp of your choice.

hanmetallic1.jpg

hanmettalic2.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1343253468|3240030 said:
babymonster, You have to join Pearl Guide. Once you do you are allowed into the private section called "other stuff" That is where you hear about the ruckus or unrelated items to the other catagories. I emailed Jeremy and asked how to get a invite to his shindig. It has a limited amount to the group. I believe it has always been held in the end of July. I hope it is held in the LA area again next year. The trip to 'The Vault" is the highlight of the event.

Thanks. I do read the other forum but not a member there. It way too advanced for me to actually contribute anything to discussions there.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1343490434|3242019 said:
NacreLover|1343253468|3240030 said:

Thanks. I do read the other forum but not a member there. It way too advanced for me to actually contribute anything to discussions there.
Babymonster I also encourage you to join. You qualify just because you love pearls. That is really all you need to contribute. You would be welcomed there.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
4ranchgirl had to talk me into joining.... I didn't think I belonged either. It was better after I started going to the Ruckus's.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Are the metallics in these photos freshadama quality or AAA quality, may I ask?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia|1343271411|3240242 said:
Well I had extensive dealing with PP (I believe it was last November) and expressed an interest in white metallics, and them being something I was really keen to have. There was never any mention of a 'list', and I ended up buying freshadamas.

Now they are pretty, but they weren't something I was pining for.

It makes me feel like the list wasn't mentioned as there was motivation on PP's part to sell me a strand of freshadamas at that time, and not a potential sale of white metallics in the future. Had I known of a possibility of this 'list', I would have considered that option. The answer I got for my query was a flat out 'No'. I think you have to have a lot of experience buying pearls from PP and be part of their inner circle to have access to this information, neither of which I had.

I am disappointed, and my budget for pearls is exhausted for quite some time.

The list is going to be years long now...[/quote]
I guess by the time your name comes up you will have pearl money saved. I think they are now all gone for now.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia|1344315747|3247184 said:
Are the metallics in these photos freshadama quality or AAA quality, may I ask?
I think they are AAA because of shape not luster which is metallic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results