shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Outlet Gem Quality White Pearls Vs Pearl Paradise Freshadama White Pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am debating on whether to buy a gem quality white freshwater pearl necklace from Pearl Outlet or a Freshadama white pearl necklace from Pearl Paradise. I saw on the Pearl Outlet website that they are running a special on white freshwater pearl necklace (18" 7.5mm-8.0mm) for $235. I thought that this was a pretty good deal compared to the same Freshadama necklace for $315. Does anyone have any opinions on which company produces a better quality freshwater white pearl necklace? How do the necklaces compare to Mikimoto necklaces in terms of luster and roundness? Does anyone have a picture of both necklaces that they can show me?

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
"Freshadama''s" are the best of the best freshwater pearls. If you had both strands next to each other, there would be a noticeable difference in quality. Luster, shape, surface quality, etc.

However, freshwater pearls cannot, and should not be compared to Mikimoto''s. Miki''s are akoya pearls, an entirely different animal, basically, with different characteristics. This would be like comparing a fine ruby to a fine quality spinel. Pearls are valued based on perfection, and the finest akoya''s will be an exceptional example of pearl perfection.

The price difference between the Outlet pearls and the Freshadama''s isn''t that great - I''d go for the better strand.

happy pearl shopping!

julie.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the Freshadamas. My Freshadama studs are amazing - the luster is fantastic. I also have a gem quality strand from TPO which are very nice, but not quite up to Freshadama par.

I think I read that Freshadamas, and other top top quality freshwaters, can look as nice as Akoyas (though the luster and such might be a bit different). On the other hand, very high quality Akoyas (like Mikimotos, or Hanadamas from PP) will look much nicer than Freshadamas.

I''m saving up for some Hanadama studs eventually - they look amazing.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have heard freshwaters can last longer than akoyas. Something to consider. I own both and my akoyas still look great though after 4 years.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, which do you wear more often? Do you wear them on different occasions? Are they different sizes/lengths? Do they look very different to you?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have that TPO necklace; they had it on special some months ago too. It''s definitely gorgeous, lots of lustre and iridescence or orient or whatever you want to call it. The pearls are quite round and if you inspect them super, super carefully a few have minor blemishes, but nothing noticeable without intense inspection.

Unfortunately I can''t compare them to Freshadamas, never having owned any, but the TPO strand is quite lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results