carat
color
clarity

Pale Pink Rosebud Drusy from CC

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
CC #27
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=27

Very shimmery pale pink drusy (druzy) strand 18" long. I had CC restring them on power pro with rolled gold clasp.

Here they are!
img_4196.jpg
img_4197_0.jpg
img_4200.jpg
img_4205.jpg

you can kinda see here that there are halves put together and then some random not halves, but there is no real pattern or rhyme or reason.
img_4201.jpg
img_4220.jpg
img_4221.jpg

and the focal pearl has a blemish
img_4202.jpg

I can spin the focal pearl so that the blemish isn't as obvious, but of course it doesn't always stay. So I'm thinking of having a local girl restring them so they are laid out a little more pleasing or possibly even something in a tincup style??? not sure yet.

More photos to come. neck shots and comparison photos.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
neck shots
img_4198.jpg
img_4199.jpg

with my ripples
img_4211.jpg

with my white drusies
img_4214.jpg

with my keshis
img_4218.jpg
img_4219.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love that last shot! It is like a glorious rainbow!

Great lustre and shimmer. I think drusies have such phenomenal lustre!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I think they look really lovely mixed with your other strands!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They look great against your polka dot top. If you rearrange the strand how do you plan to do the knotting?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1376569039|3503589 said:
I think they look really lovely mixed with your other strands!

I agree! a very rich look.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1376578855|3503686 said:
They look great against your polka dot top. If you rearrange the strand how do you plan to do the knotting?

I'm still on the fence with whether I should keep as is or restring. If I did, I think I would put all the non-halves in the center. There are only a handful. But not sure. I still haven't even worn them. haha. the right outfit/chance hasn't come along. I've just put them on for photos so far. I'm considering gifting them to my mom maybe. But I was kinda thinking I would wear these more casual over my ripples that I want to keep for more "formal"/fancier outfits. But we'll see.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
well... just to update. I couldn't make myself love these, so I ended up giving them to my mom. She absolutely LOVES them. She put them on right after I gave them to her and they looked fab on her. In hindsight, should have taken a quick pic of them on her. But next time I see her, I'll have her model. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
lorrissey -- thanks for updating us. What a great ending to the story! Can you believe my daughter scoffs at my offer of anything pearl. It boggles the mind, I tell you.

Please do take a picture of the necklace on your Mom's neck. That would be fun to see!

All's well that ends well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results