shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on round Tahitians

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am doing research for my next purchase of round Tahitians, which may not be for months, partly because this is so confusing. Please bear with me.

I saw this multicolor strand, and wanted to know what you think of the colors. I see a lot of variation in body color, and subtle variations in overtone. I'm not sure how this is will look in natural light. Will the dark colors all blend together?

I read reviews about Pearl Source, and noted that their grading system goes up to AAAA, unlike a lot of vendors. I will have to judge the quality of the quality of the pearls in person if I order this. I am still trying to see as many Tahitians in person to educate myself.

I liked seeing the pearls at PP in person. Maybe I'm not someone who can buy Tahitians online. I hate falling in love with something, ordering it, and being disappointed.

tps_roundmulti.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I see a strand that will be mostly dark grey body colors with a large variation in overtones. What is difficult to know is how much of those overtones will be visible in the lighting where you will be wearing them.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have purchased many thousands of dollars of pearls from them, but never had a reason to return anything. That said, others and I mean more than one person have had real problems dealing with them and returns. Some recently.

The pearls I got were just as described and the colors were true to the photos. I don't know why they use the AAAA system. I do have some of their AAAA pearls and they are not comparable to Pearl Paradise AAA pearls which I also have purchased, side by side. Pearl Paradise's were much better in shape, and luster.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, FlyGirl. I didn't realize it's mostly gray. I realize I don't know what I'm doing yet, so I am unwilling to invest in rounds until I know more.

Thanks too, NacreLover. I am not willing to purchase from an online vendor that is reluctant on returns. A good return policy is the only way I will buy online. I'll try to find the posts about return issues to better understand the situation.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
You have to get a return authorization but that person won't either answer the message you leave on the phone or will come to the phone to give it if you do reach a real person.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My light body colour with green overtone baroque Tahitian strand came from The Pearl Source via eBay over 10 years ago, before I discovered PP, POJ and TPO, and it was a good buy and the transaction was smooth without any issues.

I would strongly advise you to read as much feedback as possible before purchasing from them, as it was a long time ago when I bought my pearls from them.

DK :))

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What happened to the lovely multi-color oval strand you got from PP? I was drooling over it - do let me know if you are sending it back. =) :angel:

Guess you want a strand of round. Have you thought of contacting a few trusted vendors and ask them to source it for you? Patience will pay off - although I completely understand you want to find it NOW and wear it this week - I am like that too. :tongue:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The multicolor strand is supposed to come today. I am just getting ready for my next purchase of rounds. :)

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1428426280|3858022 said:
The multicolor strand is supposed to come today. I am just getting ready for my next purchase of rounds. :)

Do post pictures, lots of pictures, when it arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results