shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie seeking help!! Fake Mikimoto?? bought on eBay..:(

SimplyPearl

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am new to all this, hope someone can help me out. Bought this supposedly genuine "Mikimoto" bracelet on eBay UK. I am honestly not convinced after receiving it in the mail. I don't see any Mikimoto logo anywhere, the only stamp I see is 14K on the gold strip of metal which goes into the clasp. The gold clasp is not the same as the Mikimoto clasps I see on Google search. One of the coral beads is slightly cracked. I am pretty sure I got ripped off. Just wanted to seek professional opinion before I file a claim with eBay. Thank you all for your valuable time!! Hope you all have a nice evening!! V

img_0158.jpg

img_0159.jpg

img_0162.jpg

img_677.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Simply Pearl, I am not an expert but I have been on the pearl boards for awhile now and that does not look like any Mikimoto I've ever seen, clasp or bracelet. I would definitely file a claim. Unless of course, you like the bracelet and want to keep it anyway. In that case, I don't know. If you do want to keep it, maybe tell the seller you know it's not a Mikimoto and see if you can get a partial refund. There are so many pearl liars on ebay, it is really upsetting! Good luck with it.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
item is pre-owned, if the coral is cracked it depends how the seller described the item. Meaning it may be a part of the condition. It looks pretty much not well taken care off based on the picture. It really depends on you and your expectations too. Just as an example, I was looking at a cameo, and all I care was the carnelian shell and the picture itself. I've got it cracked, and I've got negative reviews from couple silversmiths, but it did not matter to me. I knew a guy who would do what i wanted. Because it was a brooch he removed the back for me and help me change the bail, the cameo is wonderful. I paid somewhere around 60 dollars for it, and i would not get such thing for this price in excellent condition. Cracks are only seen from the back, nobody see it, and shell will crack with time anyway. But, this is my reasoning for it...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The people who answered you on the other forum and highly thought of experts. I would trust what they said.

SimplyPearl

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone here. Seller refused to issue a refund after trying to communicate with him/her before filing a claim with eBay. She kept on insisting it is a real Mikimoto and blamed me for making a false accusation. Thought it'd probably be a good idea to get a second opinion before I do anything drastic. I realized now instead of running around trying to do her work for her, I should probably put my priority into getting my money back. Thank you all again for your expertise and time. My sincere apologies for the confusion I've caused. Best wishes!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry if my post appeared short with you. If I was going to purchase Mikimoto jewelry, it would be prudent to see what it looked like and how to tell it from others. There have been numerous threads on the Mikimoto trademark and how even then, there are now fakes of the clasps on the market. Also, there have been instances of people restringing non Mikimoto pearls onto Mikimoto clasps. Since your clasp has No Clamshell with M in the center your seller has little to dispute.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry this has happened to you, and I do hope you get your money back. I'm a huge fan of Mikimoto pearls, and am putting funds aside to get the Pearls in Motion necklace for either my birthday or Christmas of this year or our two year anniversary next year. :)

Go file that claim, and keep us updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results