shape
carat
color
clarity

My pearls from Hong Kong

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So...

I did say that my pearl budget is busted and I have been trying to be good, but faced with such lovelies, I crumbled... Retirement can wait a bit longer...

So my new long pastel coloured tahitian strand is still being lengthened and knotted and I'll get them in 2 days. Also got matching studs and the cutest ring that is being resized. Pics in next post cos I hate typing on iPhone (this is on iPad) but all my pics are in the iPhone, so I'll use another post for some pics.

Hubby is a sweetheart so he offered to sponsor the ring. He says its an heirloom type jewellery. :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sorry ladies! I can't seem to post any pics! Multiple error msgs later I think I give up for today.

:cry:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, never give up!

Pinterest to the rescue....

http://pinterest.com/amodularlife/my-pearls/

Btw I think this confirms that buying in real life is so much easier... I got to try on the earrings for size and colour, and confirmed that peacock Tahitians don't look great on me (its a skin tone thing). As for white SSPs, bigger is better... Mm. Oh and the Edisons that you see in the background? Nice necklace but awful with my skin tone...

Think that's it! More pics when I finally get home, but I will be traveling for another 2 weeks. :shock:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
All beautiful pieces. You have great taste. The pair of bird ring is so unique. The tahitian necklace is GORGEOUS. I am green with envy. How are prices in HK compared to online vendors?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1374862579|3490914 said:
All beautiful pieces. You have great taste. The pair of bird ring is so unique. The tahitian necklace is GORGEOUS. I am green with envy. How are prices in HK compared to online vendors?

Thanks HHPmom! I remember that you like pastel Tahitians too? After seeing them in real life, I totally understand why. They have the most yummy shades. And they look great against my skin too. I am learning that different shades really make a diff, and that not all amazing pearls will look good on me.

Some caveats... I only went to one store, and pricing is incredibly hard to gauge especially as I am no expert! I mean... Shapes, luster, sizes, length... Head spinning already!

But if I hazard a guess, I would say that prices are comparable. Hubby commented that even he can tell that the pearls are 'quality stuff'. The pearls have pastel body colours and some interesting overtones so I can't wait to photograph them properly when I get them AND get home!

Ditto the earrings - I can see my facial features quite clearly on them... Like how amazing is that? :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely incredible, icy jade :love: :love: ! I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know tahitians came in those colors. You are one lucky lady.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1374881116|3491108 said:
Absolutely incredible, icy jade :love: :love: ! I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know tahitians came in those colors. You are one lucky lady.

Thanks baby nurse! My hubby was incredibly patient. I was in the store for over 2 hours and not a single complaint. We spotted some terribly unsupportive hubbies tho. This poor lady tried a nice strand of peacock drops and left empty handed after her hubby took a look at the price tag and declared that the pearls are 'not nice'.

My first time seeing such pastel toned Tahitians too, so don't be embarrassed! Love (or lust?) at first sight tho. Think I am now a pastel toned tahitian convert.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Insanely gorgeous!!! Looking forward to more pictures when all things align properly for you.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I can't even tell you how much I love those pearls. That's exactly the colors I'm after for MY skin tone. They're icy and pastel and saturated, but not DARK.

I'm so so so so jealous! I can't wait for pictures!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@bsomlo: more pics from mysterious imaginary friend now available in the Pinterest board. :lol:

mrs. taylor|1374884850|3491162 said:
I can't even tell you how much I love those pearls. That's exactly the colors I'm after for MY skin tone. They're icy and pastel and saturated, but not DARK.

I'm so so so so jealous! I can't wait for pictures!

"They're icy and pastel and saturated, but not DARK."
Exactly! You've described them perfectly! :appl:

I've posted all the pics for now. More after they are rearranged, reknotted and resized!

------
Btw, included some random shots from the store too cos I guess that you ladies will love to see some of the selection that is available. Didnt take many tho cos was too engrossed with shopping. Am going back tomorrow so I can take special request for pics if anyone is interested. iPhone shots tho, so pardon the pic quality.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Um, I special request photos of EVERYTHING! Since you ask.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I want more photos of baroque tahitians like YOURS. And some cash flow to GET THEM!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh icy_jade!! Those pearls are amazing!!! Is this all from Rio? I HAVE to go there when I am in HK.

Are you on the other forum? I have some quite specific questions about pearls in the shop.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat|1374897732|3491307 said:
Oh icy_jade!! Those pearls are amazing!!! Is this all from Rio? I HAVE to go there when I am in HK.

Are you on the other forum? I have some quite specific questions about pearls in the shop.

You can email me at [email protected].
Will go to the store in approx 24 hrs from now, so if its something that I can only do in the store, pls email me quick.

Am taking a short break from shopping and just had a yummy egg tart. Yums.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@bsomlo: umm. Ok I will try. :)

mrs. taylor|1374889935|3491216 said:
I want more photos of baroque tahitians like YOURS. And some cash flow to GET THEM!

@mrs taylor: for the 1st request, there were only 4 pastel coloured tahitian strands in the store and I took 2 and 1/4... I have photos of all 4 strands in the Pinterest board. Is that enough or you want more? :D think only the round one will be available tho...
For the 2nd request... If you want to give me your hubby's email, your forum mate will volunteer her services to send him a mysterious note, complete with instructions and photos! ;-)

@misskittycat: if you are going to the jewellery show, I suspect that you will see way more pearls at 'trade' prices. But yes, these are all from Rio Pearl. I'll give the contact and salesperson name when I am home? She is the one stringing my pearls for me. :)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks icy_jade!! Rio are going to be at the trade show. I want to talk to them about potentially doing some work for me, depending on their range and capabilities (as well as getting some sneaky pearls for moi).... :naughty:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1374900340|3491324 said:
misskittycat|1374897732|3491307 said:

You can email me at [email protected].
Will go to the store in approx 24 hrs from now, so if its something that I can only do in the store, pls email me quick.

Am taking a short break from shopping and just had a yummy egg tart. Yums.

Sorry ladies - my pearls are ready so will be zipping over within the hour... I know you'll understand why I can't wait. :p

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Moar photos please!!

I emailed you. Hopefully you got it?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
awww, you're too sweet. Baroque is the only way for me though! I hope you get yours and zip right back with photos for us! You know, because I'm sure you have NOTHING else to do.......

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@misskittycat: yes did get your email. Will reply later when I get back to the hotel.

mrs. taylor|1374923956|3491374 said:
awww, you're too sweet. Baroque is the only way for me though! I hope you get yours and zip right back with photos for us! You know, because I'm sure you have NOTHING else to do.......

Hmm... Did take more photos, but again when I get back to the hotel ya?
After 3 full days of shopping, I am exhausted! Do bring good walking shoes if you visit Hong Kong... The uneven pavements, underground stairs and steep slopes are killers!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1374925792|3491383 said:
of course!

but the only photos *I* want are of YOUR PEARLS!

Loading of pics has commenced... Will take a while to load all the pics but you can start to hv a look.

Not many of my pearls cos I was there near closing time and I wanted to take as many of the store as I can. Will take beauty shots when I get home!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I am greedier than Mrs. Taylor. I want photos of ALL the pearls!!!

Hmm, hubby goes to Hong Kong on business regularly...

UPDATE: I just saw your random shots. That's exactly what I meant. Thanks so much! I think I would have gone in there and drowned in the pearls... dying a happy woman.... Some of the strands looked like soufflé pearls to me. Did you notice any?

Did you haggle regarding prices?!

Thanks again for the random shots, imaginary friend!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of the lovely pear photos! Your new pastel tahitians are crazy beautiful :love: :love: :appl: :appl: And that ring of yours is super cute :love: :appl: Huuby did good getting that for you! Looking forward to neck shots, haha you know we love our photos :wavey:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1374928250|3491398 said:
I am greedier than Mrs. Taylor. I want photos of ALL the pearls!!!

Hmm, hubby goes to Hong Kong on business regularly...

UPDATE: I just saw your random shots. That's exactly what I meant. Thanks so much! I think I would have gone in there and drowned in the pearls... dying a happy woman.... Some of the strands looked like soufflé pearls to me. Did you notice any?

Did you haggle regarding prices?!

Thanks again for the random shots, imaginary friend!

I am loading ALL the pics but omg they take forever!! I need a mass upload function!

There are no soufflés or metallic whites. Just those fireballs, some coins, keshis, etc. They do have a few Edisons, think you can see in my pics. Wasn't that impressed by their fwp selection given the amazing collection that we see pretty regularly here.

Haggled a bit. Am not the best at haggling tho but I thought the price was ok. As mentioned is on par or perhaps better than online? The luster is really good. AAA. Smooth surfaces. Lovely BODY colours, not just overtones.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1374929815|3491405 said:
Thank you for all of the lovely pear photos! Your new pastel tahitians are crazy beautiful :love: :love: :appl: :appl: And that ring of yours is super cute :love: :appl: Huuby did good getting that for you! Looking forward to neck shots, haha you know we love our photos :wavey:

Love birds! Mushy or what? Haha.

Neck shots will come. Eventually but I do know cos I love to see neck shots from others too! :lol:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the PEARL P*RN. I didn't realize you were uploading more pictures until I clicked on the link again a few minutes ago. Love the fish ring and pendant with coral. Can't wait to see the new strand on your neck.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1374933330|3491423 said:
Thanks for the PEARL P*RN. I didn't realize you were uploading more pictures until I clicked on the link again a few minutes ago. Love the fish ring and pendant with coral. Can't wait to see the new strand on your neck.

Haha p*rn? Hahaha.

Loads more. Continue to click/ refresh... Loading as I type this.

Hey - setting the standard for next time when you ladies go pearl shopping ya? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results