shape
carat
color
clarity

making a necklace (or having one made?)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I have a lovely pendant that I very much adore, but it gets lost where I wear it. I think it would be amazing on a very small string of pearls, however. I'm thinking perhaps 4mm pearls? The problem is that I don't want to have it permanently on there. I do want to be able to take it off and wear it plain. The pearls however, can have this be their only function. I don't need to be able to wear them without the pendant, if that makes sense.

What is the best way to go about this? I'm thinking someone here might have some wisdom. I know you can get pearl that are drilled and cored and meant for a chain, but I'd kind of rather go for silk thread if that's possible. If not, then I'd love some ideas on the best places to look for small pearls. I do want round, or slightly off-round. I'd prefer to stay away from seed pearls.

Here is the pendant from DBL:

IMG_3678.jpg

Any thoughts/advice etc. welcome!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant, love it. I would suggest emailing Sarah at Kojimapearl. I have seen some recent additions of natural color VINTAGE pearls from Lake Biwa, Japan on her site which are small MM. I do not see any that totally meet your needs but 95% of her stock never is posted to her site. 4mm pearls is going to be a challlenge to find but she has many resources to be able to help you. Another big plus is she is an excelent jewelry designer and can create what you desire. The biggest hurdle will be sourcing the small mm pearls for you. Someone else who might be able to will be Pearl Paradise. Good hunting and let us know what you find.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the lead! I emailed her. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon. I'm wondering about having a small hidden clasp that ends up going through the bail. We'll see!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great! I hope you sent her a picture of your pendant plus the bale measurements.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ruby pendant. It should be rather easy for any bench jeweler to convert the top part of your pendant into a enhancer. Then you could snap it over any chain or pearl strand. Let us know how it turns out.

Adamo_Pearl

Rough_Rock
I agree. I really hope you post a picture on the website. The pendant looks lovely by itself, but I would really love to see how it loos like on a pearl necklace.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results