shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your opinions please

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased these jumbo ripple multicolor pearls from Catherine. I need something between to get 19.5" length. Please take a look at the options and tell me what you think. I am very casual and wear jeans, tshirt, tennies or flats all the time. Bright colors. I am leaning toward the teeny pearls as the gold seems to0 fancy for me. Also the colors of the pearls are lighter. Thanks!

dscf3005.jpg

dscf3009.jpg

dscf3008.jpg

dscf3002.jpg

dscf3001.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
What is your question? The pearls look cute to me. Nice, pastel colors, nice texture, very casual, not formal at all. Are you remaking necklace?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry. I am having this necklace built and am asking what to put between the large pearls. Gold beads, gold beads with caps, or teeny pearls. Pics show all choices.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Is simple knotted pearls an option? That would be my first choice. My second would be the gold beads (2nd photo) as I think they look very pretty with the pearl colors. Beautiful pearls by the way :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Litgeek the strand is short so I really need them for the length. If I do gold beads they will probably be rose gold. Thank you!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Rose gold would be GORGEOUS! I would definitely go with that :twirl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
like you, I am always dressed casual.
I have CC's with the gold spacer beads and they work in most cases....even have them with the silver spacers.
however, in this instance, i'm really liking the small pearls.
I think its a better overall look with your particular strand being built......and I think it will work better with your "outfits".
in fact, I think i'm going to ask her to do the same for me with future purchases. really like the look of the small/big pearls together....adds texture to the strand w/o adding that "formal" look.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!!! That is what I was thinking.

This is how my fireball strand turned out with the teeny pearls. I love it!

dscf2568.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yeah, i'm going with baby pearl spacers in the future.
while your fireballs had enough texture, the pearl spacers sort of calmed it down and I looked at each pearl, not just the strand as a whole.
great idea you had there....like I said, that's the direction i'll be going. in fact, I need to talk to her re the strand on back order with her.
thanks!

eta: just looked at the picture and decided to stay with the gold spacers......however, a next purchase will have pearl spacers!
I have a simple Robert Coin hoop earring set that will look good with the necklace as it is. i'm not a "matchy" person so if I wear pearl earrings, I generally don't wear a pearl necklace and the reverse is true: if I wear a pearl necklace, I usually don't wear pearl earrings. too formal a look for me it I wear both.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option with small pearls. I've also seen CC add few fw pearls in the back. If your hair is long, they won't be noticeable.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the tiny gold balls first, then the tiny pearls after that

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
caps or tiny gold balls. I'm the voice of dissent I guess, and not loving the small pearls with those. With the fireballs they're perfect. I also do like the idea of putting a few smaller pearls at the back of the strand-maybe some tropicals or characters? In my experience the ripples don't shift around like most of my other pearls do. They tend to stay put so some ovals at the back would be right at home.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Love all the choices you gave us. What color metals do you wear the most?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pearls but if you already have the fireball strand with the pearls then maybe the gold balls. I am personally not such a huge fan of the gold caps but that's because it's just not my style and I wouldn't wear it. I do think they are pretty though!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well another thing is that I already have this strand coming to me that the pearls have metallic goldy coloring and rose gold beads which looks awesome! But the new pearls are rainbowy. I wear white and rose gold pretty much mostly.

dscf2784_0.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW I like having similar "looks" on different strands. Even though the colors and shapes are different on my onions and hedgies they pair well because they compliment each other and have a similar vibe-even though they're totally different kinds of pearls.

So you may want to take that into consideration as well, if you ever want to double up. ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But you are a pearl fashion maven and I expect this from you! :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My first choice, which is not an option, would be to leave it alone and just put knots between the pearls. Since you need length, I would add pearls to the ends. I think it gives a finished look to the necklace. Next choice would be to add tiny pearls between the large pearls. I worry that the gold beads will dent or discolor over time.

Let us know what you decide!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
The tiny pearls are pretty! I would probably not use them in front because I think plain knots would be a great look for these. I would probably use them between pearls on the back quarter of each end and then finish with more pearls, beads or chain in back to get your ideal length.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have thought and thought on this and for me the tiny pearls are going to be it. I am excited to get these because I have never seen anything like them!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am certain they will be lovely! I have yet to see a CC piece that wasn't fabulous :twirl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the teeny pearls did not work so I went with adding a couple metallic pearls to each end and it will just have knots between. Pics later. Thanks all for your suggestions. And I can't recommend Catherine more highly - she is just a pleasure to work with.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Why didn't the teeny pearls work? More details, please!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The holes on the teenies are much smaller than the holes on the ripples so she had to use smaller powerpro. So in turn the knots were slipping inside the ripples and it was ending up not being even. I am happy with how they turned out though!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1375111726|3492451 said:
Well the teeny pearls did not work so I went with adding a couple metallic pearls to each end and it will just have knots between. Pics later. Thanks all for your suggestions. And I can't recommend Catherine more highly - she is just a pleasure to work with.

Looking forward to photos of your finished necklace :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results