shape
carat
color
clarity

HHPMom - questions about your easter egg pendant

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Hey HHPMom, I have always drooled over your easter egg pendant you made from the PP bag of color-shifting metallics you got to pick from a while ago. I was trying to find the forum posts where you were talking about it, but I wasn't sure. Did you put that together yourself? Where did you get the eye pins, jump rings, etc? It's so amazing I was thinking of putting together something similar myself.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
These little beauties are on the way from Pearllunar. (All photos are from Pearllunar auctions) I hope they are as pretty in real life.

pearllunar_pearls.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks NacreLover! Since this is my day off, I have been searching for findings and such today and came across GemPacked dot com which is also called Bella Findings. I believe some people on the other forum have bought from them before with good results. You don't have to be a retail outfit to purchase, either, which is great for me.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so colorful. Do post pictures when you get them. I am on my way out the door. I can't find the exact item # on the website for you though. I buy from riogrande.com or bellafindings.com. For the head pin, I order the longer ones, at least 1.5 inch long so I have room to wrap them, buy 24 gauge https://www.bellafindings.com/jewelscart2000/store/1681-24-gauge-headpin-10925..

The jump rings are open rings so they can be twisted to open and connect to the chain https://www.bellafindings.com/jewelscart2000/store/237-14k-open-jumprings.. 20 - 24 gauge or around there, around 3mm or smaller.

The higher the gauge the softer it is

Hope that helps.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks HHPMom! I'm hoping the colors are true to the pictures. Guess we'll see within a week or two.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow those will make a wonderful necklace. I saw the one in person that HHPMom made it is outstanding (she has exquisite taste) and the pearls you chose will be perfect for it.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Well, my little beauties arrived today. I have glued the 14k caps that I got from Bella Findings. I was very impressed with the service I got from them. Cyrus helped me with a minor glitch in my order and he was amazing. Shipping was also super quick.

So here we are.. I am looking at my pearls and my camera keeps seeing something else, but this is the best I could get for now. The colors really are more "wow" in real life. The third one down on the left has a great blue overtone that the camera just won't pick up.

4_11.jpg

2_16.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls Mynattk. I have seen HHPmoms incredible pendant in person. Your creation in colorful metallic freshwaters will turn out very similar. I can't wait to see your finished project. Your vendor came though for you don't you think?

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I'm definitely happy with these pearllunar pearls. It might have been nice to see a shot of all of the pearls listed *together* to get an idea of which ones would contrast well and to have a better idea of scale, but I didn't ask for that. Don't you or 4Ranch Girl also have a pendant like this? Many thanks to HHPMom for her inspirational photos :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to say no I do not have a pendant like that. It is a HHPMom original which I have always loved.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hi mynattk, do you remember how you found the head pin/cap for your project? I am looking for something similar. Thanks!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious,
It has been a while! Luckily, I still have the emails from the transaction and was able to determine that I ordered these pins to glue into my pre-drilled pearls:

https://www.gempacked.com/39556-3mm-14k-with-jump-ring-cl-cup-peg-36018?search=NDF96903

(there is no picture on the website, but here is one they emailed me during the transaction, showing the length)
3mm_screw_eye.jpg

They are super helpful to work with and I highly recommend buying from them.

What project is this for anyway? I think we all need details 8)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks mynattK, I looked at Bella and RioGrande and couldn't find anything like that. I am working on making what I am calling "earring charms" (don't know the real name) to put on diamond hooks (to be purchased). PP has these bracelet charms:

I noticed that GemGeek in another forum had earring charms, but instead of an eye hook, it is a cap with a loop like yours.

_28658.jpg

pg_gemgeek_7-19-13.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Interesting site..very Bali in style. Try Stuller.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, lot of Bali goods, but unfortunately the hooks were very small. Thanks for suggesting Stuller!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results