shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous natural color akoyas from TPO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another - they are in my hand, in front of my marine tank. Two obsessions.... can be costly!

tponcahand.jpeg

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I have a ton of photos, but I don''t want to bore anyone. This is in natural light - and I had no idea I have so many freckles! Yikes!

My fiance got them for me for Valentine''s Day. I never would have guessed they would be so beautiful! I just love the colors that appear. My friends are used to seeing me in pearls, but these have brought more attention than any other strand I own.

Next up: a natural white Hanadama strand that Jeremy S. is making up for my wedding in May. I can''t wait!

tponcaneckik.jpeg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely! I just love my natural blue silver baroque akoyas! You will find that you will wear them alot!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Inner Kitten, Elle-chris, Rockhugger, Swedish bean & Gardenlady for your nice comments...especially from so many of my Pearl Idols :)

The colors are amazing. They change in every light - and in the most indirect light, they are a steely blue. So much fun!

Cushion Cut - I was going to buy a strand of natural blue akoyas from PP, but at the time, I was trying to match it to some fabric - but it was just not possible to do it long distance. These came up on a TPO special - and I frankly thought they would be something else because the photo didn''t reveal the spectacular colors of these. They were only listed as natural color baroques. Needless to say, I was thrilled when they arrived. Have you posted any pics of your blue strand (s)?

By the by, these match the fabric I''d been trying to match perfectly. What a happy surprise!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:13:50 PM
Author: bright&shiny
Thank you Inner Kitten, Elle-chris, Rockhugger, Swedish bean & Gardenlady for your nice comments...especially from so many of my Pearl Idols :)

The colors are amazing. They change in every light - and in the most indirect light, they are a steely blue. So much fun!

Cushion Cut - I was going to buy a strand of natural blue akoyas from PP, but at the time, I was trying to match it to some fabric - but it was just not possible to do it long distance. These came up on a TPO special - and I frankly thought they would be something else because the photo didn''t reveal the spectacular colors of these. They were only listed as natural color baroques. Needless to say, I was thrilled when they arrived. Have you posted any pics of your blue strand (s)?

By the by, these match the fabric I''d been trying to match perfectly. What a happy surprise!

I first saw some pictures of Cushion Cut''s blue baroque akoyas in her PP Lavender Freshies thread about 3 pages back. They blew me away,- yours do to! maybe she''ll post more pics.... hope so.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
The strand is 18" - and the pearls are 9 - 9.5 mm.

BTW I think TPO still has a few strands that are similar on sale. Click on the March Madness link near the bottom of their page. They added new goodies today!

I''m trying to be good because I''m still awaiting my natural Hanadama strand that PP is making for me: -) I can''t wait, but being good is hard. Particularly with this enabling forum!
31.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
How did I forget to comment on these? I've looked at your pics and drooled over them several times. Thanks so much for posting good pics of the natural blue akoyas. I really wondered what they looked like in more realistic pictures rather than the glamour shots PP and TPO use. The overtones are just lovely!

How I wish pastel blue was a color that looked good on me
7.gif
I've wanted a strand of these but they wouldn't look very good with my skin tone- in fact, light blue is the absolute *worst* color on me outside of mustard yellow- so I guess I'll just ogle yours some more.
9.gif

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Little Grey Kitten - thank you for your reply. https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif If TPO had more left (they have sold out since my last post) I''d say you might try them - the colors that come out seem different on every person. My strand looks completely different on my Sister - and different still on my soon to be mother-in-law.

Ah well...maybe you can try next time - or ask them for a specific strand. They seem to be good at taking pics to help with selection. Of course, this is all information you already know - I''ve been admiring your posts for quite a while!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, they are gorgeous. I love them!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed TPO is now sold out of these - I hope some pearl PSrs are the happy recipients! I was going to take more photos - but the weather is very bad here. Too dark during the day....sigh. I think my feet are now webbed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results