shape
carat
color
clarity

Classic pearl necklace

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm building up my "classic collection" of jewelry pieces. I'm saving up for a pair of diamond studs and now, I'm including a timeless pearl necklace and studs set as well.

would this be a good option?

http://www.pearlparadise.com/18inch-7075-mm--White-Hanadama-Akoya-Pearl-Necklace-2253.aspx

http://www.pearlparadise.com/7075-mm-White-Hanadama-Pearl-Stud-Earrings-2609.aspx

It's quite pricey, but I'm going for quality and something that I won't get tired of in the long run. Not to be rude but, does it really matter if they are hanadama akoya pearls? I have a pair of south sea pearl drops, but I like the lustre of the akoya pearls more.

I would appreciate any feedback or options as well! Thanks :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm not an expert but here's what I've gathered (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this): Hanadama pearls have been sent to a particular, trusted lab and certified as high quality. However, plenty of other pearls are just as high quality but at a much lower cost because they do not have that additional cost from being certified as hanadama, which apparently is an expensive process. The strand you list is more than twice the cost of an AAA strand. So, imo, as long as you're going with a company with such an excellent reputation as PP, I would trust their AAA akoya pearls and get the far lower price.

P.S. I have the hanadama earrings you are considering, 7.0-7.5 from PP. A photo of them is on page 21 of the "Show your pearls" thread.

quinnox

Rough_Rock
Maybe you can ask PP for Akoya strand that matches their Hanadama, but without the certification? Also ask pictures for comparison, they should be able to help you out.

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Thanks quinnox and seaurchin :) Yes, I don't really need the certification... I just want them to look pretty with gorgeous lustre.

Seaurchin, your pearls are lovely! Thank you for sharing :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results