shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling 4 Ranchgirl and NacreLover

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies :bigsmile:

So... supposing I was in a position to buy a strand (s) of metallic whites, I need a bit of advice from someone who owns those sweeties.

Would you go 8-8.5 and one strand, or 5.5-6 mm and two (maybe 3 depending on budget) strands for a multi-strand look?

See, I already have a (9.5-10 mm - at least I think that's what it is) strand of freshadamas, so I have a big honker necklace to go to when wow factor is needed.

I think the build of a person is important (I'm in denial about age thing though :lol: ). I'm 5'7" and very slender with a long neck and Halle Berry short hair (but alas, that's where the resemblance stops). I've always wanted some small pearls, with several strands, and this might be my opportunity. I will not be in a position to buy both sizes in this lifetime, so I've got to make the right decision.

I welcome everyone's opinion on this one... :))

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
One ringy dingy, Two ringy dingy. You rang?

If you are planning a multi strand with your current freshadama strand and think these will match right in..... Rethink this.

These pearls are so different than freshadama you will be surprised when you open the box. I recently went on vacation and took my AA+ strand white freshwater and metallic white freshwater 8-8.5 strand. First, I showed my SIL the AA+ strand and placed it on the white paper towel, then took out the metallic and set it along side. She gasped and grabbed it up in her hand for a closer inspection. The green undertone on these pearls is out of this world and looks like nothing you have in your collection. They kind of look like soap bubbles.
Please think of these pearls on their own and decide what you want to wear them with and how you would wear them alone. One larger mm, one smaller mm strands, one long whether larger or smaller mm. Perhaps you will decide to add your freshadama, but perhaps you're like me and you wont. The problem I am having now? I have no earrings with the green undertone to wear with them. I have pinked akoya and pinked freshwaters.

PS please do a review when you do buy them and tell us what you think....

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for getting back to me :))

I was thinking either one strand of 8-8.5 mm, or 2 or 3 strands together of the smallest size, which I believe is 5.5-6 mm. Likely just two strands together, as 3 might be too much for everyday wear.

I was leaning toward the multi-strand smaller size as I already have the larger freshadama for when I want something larger (not to be worn with the metallics though).

So, several smaller strands (likely 2, although 3 if 2 would look silly), or 1 larger strand... :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like 2 strand necklace in smaller pearls would be better as you already have a larger freshadama strand. Are thinking of nested or spaced out look for 2 strands?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of getting them knotted into one strand so I could have spaced out or long...still not sure whether 2 or 3 strands though.

Hmmm...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Have you asked if they have the smaller in stock? My advice is get as many strands as your pocket book can afford. Now as to size the biggger the better. As we age small pearls don't look as good and these should be considered as life time pearls not fashion pearls. Let us know what you decide.

Well this is what I am going to do. :mrgreen:
I have worn my metallic white strand several times it is the 8. to 8.5mm they look wonderful alone or with the enhancer BUT I really love multipal stands. So I will be getting a 36 or 37 inch strand that I can wear long or doubled or add in my 18 inch strand and wear trippled. I have just totally fallen in love with these pearls and NEED more of them.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Grrrr....one minute I am positive of 2 (3?) strands of the smalls and then a few hours later I'm back to one strand of the mid-size. :confused:

See, I'm in Canada, and sending those puppies back is kind of a pain in the duff after I've paid the duty. I can get it back, but they don't make it very easy for you. Likely to discourage cross-border shopping?

Well I like this kind of dilemma...I can't imagine I'll be disappointed with whatever I decide!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll bet that trip strand is gonna be a shimmering eyeful 4RG. :love:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia, 4ranchgirl and I didn't have anything in our collection like these white metallic beauties. We do own many metallic exotic pearls but these are different and exceptional. I have heard the stock is limited so don't wait too long or they will be gone again. I personally decided for the larger pearls and if I get another strand it will match into my existing strand.

wms1.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
4Ranch Girl|1351052416|3291238 said:
Have you asked if they have the smaller in stock? My advice is get as many strands as your pocket book can afford. Now as to size the biggger the better. As we age small pearls don't look as good and these should be considered as life time pearls not fashion pearls. Let us know what you decide.

I kinda agree with you on size, except for torsades. A torsade looks good at any age. The smaller pearls could be worn layered now and, in a few decades :naughty: twisted with an awesome clasp.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results