shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding photos did you print and display in your home?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies,

We just got out wedding proofs from our photog. I love my photos so much!! I want to blow up a picture of my FI and I, as well as another of our bridal party, on to canvas (they each will be 16 x 20 inches big). Do you think it''s tacky to put up photos that are too large up in your home? My FI is worried it''s going to look too showy... I was thinking of putting the picture of my FI and I in the bedroom and the bridal party picture in the living room...

Anyway - guess I am wondering how many pictures you ordered from your wedding day, where you displayed them, who is in them, and how big they are.

Thanks!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I'd prefer smaller photos but that's just me. I have a couple of friends who got large prints done and they love them. I said in another thread that although I've now been married for a year, my husband and I still haven't ordered any prints. We just haven't gotten around to it. We were thinking of just ordering the CD so we could print photos ourselves, but the CD is so expensive and I'd rather spend money on something else. As for what photos we might eventually have printed, here are the ones that come to mind:

* one of our immediate families
* our favorite one of us together -- my husband kissing the top of my head and a few other ones we love
* one of my husband's nephews walking along a stone wall (taken from afar)
* a few of the venue's grounds

ETA: I forgot to answer some of your questions. I think we'd order 4x6s and 5x7s probably but nothing bigger. I think we'd hang some throughout the house -- sitting on tables and maybe a few hanging on the walls.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I''m coming out of months of lurking after seeing this fabulous new forum! Love this!

As far as prints, I ordered way too many - ha! Personally, I prefer the smaller prints that I ordered to the larger ones (I only ordered 3 8x10 photos, but I find those a little too much, personally) - I love the 5x7s - I think that is the perfect size for wedding photos - big enough to see details, yet small enough to not be obtrusive!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have a small shadowbox with some of my favorite prints. We didn''t get any of them blown up though.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Ya... I am not sure what to do... I have one really cool shot of the bridal party that I wanted to blow up to 16x20 and put in an original custom made wood frame... It''s sort of a modern touch... Another option would be just to take a few 5x7 or 8x 10 and create a collage or some sort on our staircase wall... But then we would have a bunch of pictures of us on one wall which may also be tacky... lol.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have three framed prints, 2 5x7s and 1 8x10, on the wall in our bedroom. They''re all candid shots of us alone before and after the ceremony.

Five 4x6s lined up in our hallway:
-one of hubs and his groomsmen
-one of the whole bridal party
-one cake-cutting pic
-one first dance pic
-and one of our rings
(all candid shots)

We also each have a 4x6 framed on our bedside tables, again candid shots of the two of us.

We chose more artistic shots, so it''s more like artsy photographs than posed portraits. They disappear into the surrounding artwork better that way.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
We only have one from our actual wedding, but quite a few from our TTD session. My underwater pic is framed, and STILL waiting to be hung on the wall.

We have one 8x10 from our wedding, 4 8x10s from the TTD session in our bedroom, and a 16 x 20 collage of much smaller pics from the TTD in our living room.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
All of my photos were post-wedding, but I ADORE them. My photographers were amazing, and best of all, free!

2506253727_817ff9374d.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This one was so funny to do - the photographer was lying in the street with cars whizzing by while we stood on the edge of the sidewalk. Worth the effort! The colors are so vibrant.

2507089134_f3ff8bb899.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
And this one was the one we gave as gifts to my parents and new in-laws, as well as the grandmas.

2506255687_bdf67288f9.jpg

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
We had two large prints made - a 16x20 of us exiting the chapel doors as husband and wife, and an 11x14 of my flower bouquet.
I decided not to have the bouquet preserved after the wedding, and had a large print done instead to display as artwork in our bedroom. I will hang up the huge photo of us in the living room eventually but I haven''t gotten to that yet. I also had an 8x10 printed of our wedding party and a few other prints for our grandparents.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We had sooo many when we first got married. Now it''s very pared down. We have one 8x10 over our mantel that is posed, faces forward, and then we have one 8x10 b&w of us kissing when we walk into the bedroom. There''s a 5x7 of our bridal party in our living room, and then there''s 2 4x6 on my dresser - one of us, my parents, and my grandparents, and the other is just me with my BFFs, since most of them live pretty far away.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing everyone! I ended up ordering two 11x14 photos in custom frames, one of my bridal party and one of my husband and me. I also ordered a bunch of 5x7''s and 8x10 that I will decide what to do with later - I may frame some or give them out to family. Yeah! I am so excited to see them... I should be receiving my album shortly as well.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 7:28:52 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
And this one was the one we gave as gifts to my parents and new in-laws, as well as the grandmas.
Wow MonkeyPie I loveeeeee this shot! So original!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of smaller prints in frames. We just got our album last month and we keep that in a credenza that is easily accessible if someone wants to see them. We don''t have any photos of us (or anyone else) hanging on the walls. I have too many other pieces of art that I prefer to display. I''ve never been a big fan of personal photos on the walls. I''m not sure why.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
5x7:
2 x Bridal Party
3 x Shots of us

4x6:
1 x Immediate Family

I had memory table frames so I basically re-used them on top of our shelves with the rest of our photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results