shape
carat
color
clarity

Week 6 - Share Photos: Favorite Cake Photo

wow, last week''s photo thread revealed all the PS beauties

this week share your favorite photo of your wedding cake (or any other food/dessert that you may have had instead of a cake). it can be just of the cake, a close up of the cake detail, of you and your groom cutting the cake, feeding it to each other, others enjoying eating the cake... anything, as long as it has to do with cake.

stick to the rule of the game: share only ONE photo per weekly thread.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
our wedding colors were blue and white, and since we are from Holland, DH decided that the Dutch Delft Blue boy and girl kissing would be perfect. the cake itself didn''t taste that great (they put marsipan in it which I hate), and it was supposed to be really rich dark chocolate inside... but this was all nearer to the end of the night where it really didn''t matter anymore.

noelwrcake.JPG

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I was actually really mad because I thought my cake was kinda ugly, even though it was really delicious. The thing that *makes* me really mad is that we decided on a baker whose cake we liked less, but whose artistry was MUCH greater... and then we didn''t see that in our own cake. BOO. But it did taste fabulous, sooo.... my picture is of Joey and I in the midst of a little frosting smearing. You can see it on my nose, and you can see me wiping a finger full of frosting onto HIS nose... and I look SO happy. Even though I begged him for absolutely no cake smashing or frosting smearing, it was only a little, and we were having the best time!
30.gif

katywifavcakepic.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had a piece right now!
18.gif

ETA: Each layer was between 4-5" thick, so with the 6" stand it stood about 2.5 feet tall.

5610_576655765501_44001895_33770784_550447_p.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
This is my only picture that looks good
7.gif
It also had a big Scrabble tile on top with the letter R on it for our last names :) It was delicious though!

smurfysscrabblecakeatwedding2.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
My cake was teeny tiny! It added to the minimal decor of our reception room. It was 8, 6, and 4 inch diameters from bottom to top. We have the entire top layer still because everyone was so stuffed by the time the cake was served.

I only met with one baker (two weeks before the wedding, total last minute decision). I loved his swiss dot and cherry tree branch piping so my decision making was easy. We used blue hydrangea in the BM bouquets and kept one for the cake baker to stick into the cake.

ctekweek6cakepic.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I loved our wedding cake. I sent very little instructions (white, no fondant, etc.) and the resort came up with this cake. I loved that it was simple, yet detailed. I also didn''t send specific instructions on the flowers (I asked for white tropical flowers with pink accents) because I thought it would be too expensive to ask for lillies, which I really wanted. I was delighted to see that our cake was beautiful and that they put lillies in it! The caketopper was a gift from one of my friends because we''ve always been called Lovebirds....I loved our cake. It was delicious!

D3X_757508142009.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cake was such a small part of the day for me and I only ate one bite of it because my dress was too tight for me to eat a lot comfortably. I didn''t have room after dinner. I''m sure we have really nice pictures of it, but this one is re-sized and easily accessible.

HH cake 02.JPG

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Now, THIS is an easy choice! All of our cakes were made by my MOH, who now has her own catering business. The wedding cake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting and the groom''s cake was yellow cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate-covered strawberries.
18.gif

garzacake42608.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
all these cakes are making me hungry :D such beautiful cakes!

here''s my fav! these are both of our concentrated faces - DH''s tongue is sticking out a little and i look like i''m pretty sure the cake is going to tip over, but we survived the first cut!

0631-alexisstefanwedding.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine with our awesomely dorky cake topper!

cake-jstar.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was supposed to have a cupcake cake with 4 tiers. Something went wrong with it. I don''t exactly know what, but the baker and the winery looked after it and this is what I ended up having. Was very disappointed at first, but it has grown on me:

kamaweddingcake.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine. I asked to florist to do cascading flowers done the side but she ended up doing it this way. I loved it anyway so it was OK with me!

8922_125506472985_501462985_2596984_5806332_n.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Not the most flattering picture ever of me, but I have to love how excited my hubby is to get a slab of red velvet with cream cheese frosting, haha!

pscopycake.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
All of these yummy looking cakes are making me hungry!!
18.gif
Here is ours, we ended up having to cut a cupcake b/c our small cake on top was too high! Oh well, it was really yummy!
3.gif

Rachiefavcake.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine made the cake for us. It got a bit wonky during transport, but she did an amazing job!

anchorfavecakepic.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I loved our cake! It was beautiful and amazingly good. Flavors were chocolate fudge with fresh raspberry filling, French vanilla with lemon curd filling, and tiramisu.

kbdeliciouscakenomnomnom.jpg

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
I love this picture because it also shows some of the beautiful features of the room- the brick, the ceiling, the vintage printing press.

MaryPeter_-1265-small.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:03:07 AM
Author: noelwr
our wedding colors were blue and white, and since we are from Holland, DH decided that the Dutch Delft Blue boy and girl kissing would be perfect. the cake itself didn''t taste that great (they put marsipan in it which I hate), and it was supposed to be really rich dark chocolate inside... but this was all nearer to the end of the night where it really didn''t matter anymore.
Love this!! My family is Dutch too, so this holds a special place in my heart!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I loved our cake.

My mom and I made the cake topper. I was inspired by my dress and something I saw in Martha Stewart Weddings.

CAKEMK.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Our cake was actually three different flavors of cheesecake. This pic is a closeup of the pumpkin, by far the tastiest
18.gif

LB_184 cake.jpg

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
My favorite cake photo is actually a non-pro - man it was yummy creme fraiche yellow cake & nuttella buttercream with praline crunch mmmm

SHcakeshot.JPG

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Our cake was my favorite part - it was so personalized and it fit the feeling of the reception perfectly. The tombstone (which you may not be able to see in this compressed image) says Astro which was me paying homage to DH's dog who he had when we first met. This dog HATED me but I lived with him and cared for him for years. There were two black cats on the cake as well which represented the two kitties DH and I have - one I had before we met and another we adopted together.

Our cake lady was awesome - she even had the little pumpkins light up!

ETA - this image came out funky - the actual cake did line up, the pumpkins didn't droop like they are in this photo.

BandGcake.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
KTF you''re killing me! Are you going to do a thread with your pics?!?! I''m dying to see!!
36.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
We forgot to put the topper on our cake, so it wasn''t very special-looking! Whoops... Anyway, I do like this shot that our photographer took just after we cut it.

AMP_7925_Reduced.jpg

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sunny - In time I will probably post. I just don''t feel ready to have everything out there and open to critisizm. Although our day was exactly what we wanted and it seems our guests had a heck of a time, I know I would be heartbroken if others made any negative comments. I had posted photos of a few smaller details prior to the wedding and some of the comments felt a little on the sharp side. I''m still too attached to the day to open myself up to people making even the smallest negative comment. So, I am being very selective and cautious about sharing. Haven''t decided that I won''t ever post them but it may be a little while before I have the courage in me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results