shape
carat
color
clarity

Would it be completely weird...

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
to run across a post on the proposal ideas board and be completely convinced it's your significant other?! Pretty sure this just happened to me! Unless he has a personality twin, it has to be him! How do I stop myself from popping in to see what advice he's received?! I don't want the surprise to be ruined!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
First off, if you did find your SO, don't return to the site! I'm the worst when it comes to cyber-spying, but at the end when he does propose will you get upset that he took one person's advice and not another? It's already great that he's looking for help for the proposal, but how would he feel if he learned that you found him? Unless it's not meant to be a surprise whatsoever, I doubt he'd be pleased.

My FI proposed to me on the day that I told him to. I even told him that the sun and moon would be setting/rising at the same time. He still takes credit for it, but I will always know that I planted that idea in his head. Regardless, I'm marrying the man of my dreams and can honestly care less who takes credit for the proposal idea! After all, he made an effort and asked!

Good luck with your wait and just stay on PS and look at awesome bling photos to get your mind away from that. Your proposal is coming and that's awesome!

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
The good thing is most of it was kept secret, only one detail and the screen name has me thinking this is my guy! Actually, I'm surprised he found his way here if it is him!

He is so creative and sometimes super romantic, so I know the master plan will be all his! I don't mind at all if he gets help along the way! But I'll feel so ridiculous if it turns it not to be him, lol especially now that my mind and heart are expecting it! I didn't think he would really plan something big, we've talked about it so much, and are at a place in our lives where I really thought he'd just bring a ring home and BAM we'd be engaged! And I'd still be happy with that, but it's fun to think he may just be planning something fun after all :)

Now, to stay away from the proposal board... :twirl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you found him, he may well have found you and this post too. I hope he hasn't and buggered off.

If you google nearly anything related to engagement rings this board is near the top so it wouldn't surprise me if he found it. I caught my husband on here the other day because it was at the top of why sapphires are different colours in google - I can't even remember what we were debating and why. If you found him, stay away from the board you found him on! And be well aware that he's probably not only sticking to one section of the forums.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hi, glitzandglamour! :wavey:

I'm just wondering if you've checked back to the Proposal Ideas board or have managed to stay away from it?! :)

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
It turns out it's not my guy!! I'm so surprised, lol. The screen name was so him, my two best friends live out of town, his birthdays in a month and a half.. all these things he'd mentioned fit perfectly! But... the last comment from the mystery poster verifies it's not mine! All in all, I have to say I'm relieved, because I was not able to stay away from it :lol:

I'm obviously overanxious here lol

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Haha I'm glad it didn't turn out to be your SO! Better to try and stay in the dark a little so you can be a little surprised at least ;-) I was pretty sure that FI was going to propose Christmas Eve but it was still a lovely surprise!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh good! I'm not sure I'd have been able to stay away either so glad it turned out not to be him!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Haha, well I suppose it's for the best! How crazy would it have been if it really did turn out to be him?! :lol: :lol:

Cowboys4Life

Rough_Rock
Glitzandglamour-- I am pretty sure you were talking about me? Haha. I'm sorry you got your hopes up:/. I am soo worried that my gf is on this site and like you, find my post and see my idea!

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
lol yes Cowboys4life, it was your post! My SO is a cowboys fanatic, and proposal ideas isn't a forum I usually visit, but I clicked on it by accident when coming to this forum, and when I saw your post with your s/n I was like NO WAY! This is fate! haha but lo and be hold, it's some other lucky girls guy and I'm quite thankful! I didn't spoil my own proposal and hopefully your girlfriend hasn't found it either :)

I'll be checking back on your post to see how it all goes! Good lucky and early congrats :appl:

Cowboys4Life

Rough_Rock
Haha that is quite funny though. Thank you for the kind words. I kind of want to go silent on here just in case. I will post after the proposal and post pictures. Good luck to you as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results