shape
carat
color
clarity

VENT: Work

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Ok needless to say, I''m a clutz, a really BAD clutz. Well I ended up almost breaking my neck falling down the stairs and I hurt my hand last night. Half of my palm is bruised up and it hurts to move my hand due to the injury. Well, I didn''t feel like it was an emergency so I waited it out till today when I could go see my orthopedic surgeon (long story about another fracture I had) versus going to the emergency room.

I called in, telling them what had gone on and they told me just to inform them if my hand was fractured or not. Ok, good deal. My appointment was at 3pm so I left at 2pm (since he''s in South OC and I''m In North OC) to my orthopedic surgeon and they take xrays, yadda yada... and no fractures, just some tendon damage. I come home to find that my Supervisor had texted from her phone to my AIM Screen name (which is on always on my computer) saying I needed a note to prove injury, ect. Well she sent it at 3:49pm knowing full well my appointment was at 3pm. I am peeved that she tells me this AFTER already speaking with her this morning AND the fact that she didn''t text my phone and texted my AIM sn of all things after my appointment. So now I have to go back to a different doctor (at Kaiser Permanente, whcih is a horrid place) (since the orthopedic surgeon maintains a 8-5 regular business hour schedule) get more xrays done since they cannot get my blue cross doctor''s xrays to Kaiser in time... and get a note all for the sake of the fact that she told me AFTER my appointment to get a note.

I do data entry and medical triage at work (Veterinary Corp Office).... and lately it''s just been sucking. They''ve not given me a raise and I''ve worked there for 2 years and they are asking me to do things outside the scope of my title while asking me to maintain the same work load. Basically I''m doing 3 jobs at once and I''m overqualified for what they pay me considering my Pre-vet background. Heck, I''d be happier if I had a crappier pay job, just a happier environment. This isn''t the first time they''ve done something to piss me off... they''ve bounced a couple of my paychecks as well.

So yeah, if that didn''t make any sense, sorry I''m just so peeved right now that I have to pay more out of pocket from my insurance (which by the way is from my parents since this place does not offer insurance)... so thank god I''m still in school otherwise I''d be SOL for any Doctor taking a look at my hand.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say sorry about the fall!
7.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear all that Resonance! It really sucks that your work isn''t understanding.

I hope your hand feels better soon!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Awww i''m sorry your work sucks. HUG

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
They bounced a couple of your paychecks? I''d have been outta there. On the other hand, in this economy.........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I agree with marchswallow, I''d but out of there. Good luck on figuring out what you''re going to do. I''ve in a crappy work situation, it really sucks. I hope everything else in your life can help balance out the work-suckiness

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls!

I guess apparently since my right hand is unable to be used for the next 5 days, at the capacity they want me to use it... they''ve sent me home for the week.

I know this is not the most ideal situation, but this is what I have to deal with for now. At least, they''ve been pretty flexible with my school schedule so far considering I''m in the RN program. But we''ll see how long that lasts since they''ve alluded to "letting me go" once I go into my surgical rotation.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m sorry hun.
38.gif

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Winks_Elf.

My boss still thought I had photoshopped the picture I sent him of my hand and why i needed to go to the doctor to ensure it was not broken.... until today when he saw that underneath my glove, my hand was hideous!

(inside joke about it being my "snowboarding hand" with my boyfriend since the same thing happened when I went boarding for the first time last April).

snowboardinghand.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ouch! So sorry about your hand, and sorry that your boss is being so evil about it. I hope you feel better soon!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, I''m feeling better,my hand is just super sore. The doc said that''s just the fleshy part of my hand that''s in pain but to give it some rest anyways since the tendons were slightly damaged in the fall.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 8:24:34 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Ouch! So sorry about your hand, and sorry that your boss is being so evil about it. I hope you feel better soon!

ditto. what a jerk.

however, i have totally been that boss to another employee who called out sick. then again, she did it every week!! (which is why i am no longer a boss. i hate that position!!)

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Reminds me of that Blink 182 song..."work sucks" "I know"...

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, dear GOD! That looks awefully painful! Are you icing it? Doing hot/cold therapy?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
The Doctors just told me to ice it and take ibuprofen fro the swelling.

To top it off, they gave me my pneumonia shot while I was there so I feel feverish and have body aches. T___T

I rarely call in sick and when I do it's something along the lines of bronchitis or stomach flu. However my Supervisor always calls out sick or takes random vacations and he never questions it. For example: I was evacuated due to the Yorba Linda fires... and my Supervisor was in Vegas all weekend. SHE called in sick due to the "smoke from the fires" which was BS because I was stayed at my boyfriend's parents' house due to the evacuation which is in the same city and there was no smoke or ash. I however, was there for work when she called out sick.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 12:09:49 PM
Author: Resonance.Of.Life
The Doctors just told me to ice it and take ibuprofen fro the swelling.

To top it off, they gave me my pneumonia shot while I was there so I feel feverish and have body aches. T___T

I rarely call in sick and when I do it''s something along the lines of bronchitis or stomach flu. However my Supervisor always calls out sick or takes random vacations and he never questions it. For example: I was evacuated due to the Yorba Linda fires... and my Supervisor was in Vegas all weekend. SHE called in sick due to the ''smoke from the fires'' which was BS because I was stayed at my boyfriend''s parents'' house due to the evacuation which is in the same city and there was no smoke or ash. I however, was there for work when she called out sick.

38.gif

i really cannot stand it when people do that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results