shape
carat
color
clarity

The search may be over!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
We think we have found the perfect house!

YAY! Yesterday was a whirlwind of talking to our agent and our lender trying to get an offer ready. I have to admit I was totally stressed out and wished that I could have called my parents for advice but they just aren''t too supportive of us buying the house before we get married, so I don''t want to push the subject. I think they aren''t as sure as I am that there will be ring on my finger before I move into this house, and I can''t blame them they don''t spend as much time with SO as do...I mean they like him a lot and know he''s serious about me, but you know...I guess it''s hard to believe your baby is going to be getting married.

So we requested a closing date of Aug 4th and if all goes well we will have our house in about 6 weeks! Which means I''ll be engaged in less than 6 weeks!
36.gif
We just have to hope they take our offer or counter with something we can afford. *fingers crossed*

It''s funny, for so long the wait has been killing me and strangely enough today I feel really calm about it all.
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on both accounts KCCutie thats fantastic news :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I will keep my fingers crossed for you KC. How exciting! I hope you get the house!!!
36.gif
36.gif
And then you will get engaged!! Yahoooooooo!
31.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, how exciting! I''m not in the housing market right now but I wish I was! Who knows when the prices will go up again?! I actually stayed up way to late the other night living the dream just browsing through houses, picking my faves, and sending links to my SO who was laughing at my giddyness and excitement about houses I wasn''t going to buy! Sad, I know, but that''s what summer break will do to ya''!
20.gif
Good luck!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting!!! I''ve been in your shoes as far as the house goes and even though it can be very stressful, it''s totally worth it in the end!

Good luck with the house - make sure you keep us updated!!!! Also, a little extra dust coming your way for the engagement!!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I am super excited! We are going to sign the offer and write the check for the earnest money right after work. Our agent called the seller yesterday and told them we were writing an offer and to please call us if they think they have another interested party, and they haven''t called yet so I think we''re the only ones.
9.gif
If they counter (and we''re guessing they will try to go a tad higher) we should be able to make a final decision by the end of the week. This hurry up and wait is my absolute least favorite part but if we get the house it will be worth it.

I will post pictures of our house as soon as we get a real contract in place(thining positive here). It''s a one story 3 bed 2 bath in the cutest area of town. It''s like 1/2 a block from this park with a great running trail. The community center (which has an awesome gym) and the library are also really close plus it has a fenced yard which is like heaven for our 2 little doggies. It''s a great place to start and big enough to stay even when we decide to start thinking about babies.
9.gif

Okay must get back to work.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
Well, the search goes on.
7.gif

The sellers are sticking to their original price and aren''t willing to help us with closing costs so we couldn''t buy this house no matter how much we want it. So we keep looking.

This week has been so stressful!

I told my dad about the house and apparently my mom hadn''t even told him we were looking. Really in any other situation she tells everyone we know so I thought for sure he knew. Well, he went nuts. My parents are much more conservative than I am and they think it''s wrong for us to live together before we are married, they think it''s a sin and they think our marriage will struggle and probably fail if we do it this way.
23.gif
I think they are wrong I think as long as we are engaged before we move in together the commitment is there and our marriage will be fine. In fact talking about it last night SO told me he feels like since the moment we decided getting married was a good idea he felt like we were married, we just haven''t had the formal announcement yet. *aww*

I was terribly hurt by their words and cried about it for days. More b/c I feel like they don''t trust me to make the right decision for me. As their child they don''t have to agree but I feel like they should have enough faith in me to know that I wouldn''t do this if I thought it was wrong. I just want them to be happy for me.

Then my SO was so scared that they are going to hate him, and think this was all his idea, that he wanted to find a way to keep my parents happy. This would mean staying where we are and waiting at least a year or more to get married (b/c we can''t save as much living separately).
39.gif

We finally decided that we need to do what makes us happy. If we give in to my parents on this one, what will be next? They are my parents and we love them and respect them but we don''t share their conservative views on many things.

Then he tells me that he talked to his mom....and apparently this was at a point where he was freaked out and he told his mom that he didn''t know what to do and he was just ready to "give up." Now I''m sure he was just venting but this is why I love his mom...she said "oh no you can''t do that don''t worry we''ll find a way to fix this....we can help you come up and talk to us this weekend I think we can solve this problem with you."

We had a good laugh b/c I pictured his mom getting one of those internet certificates and marrying us in her kitchen this weekend. But he said he thinks maybe they will offer to pay for the wedding or something like that....he also said they may offer him some money so he can buy my ring now (which we all hope will make my parents a little more accepting).

I wanna go tonight!
31.gif
I have no idea what his mom has up her sleeve but I know I''m going to like it
9.gif

Aw KCCutie, I''m sorry things aren''t smoothly. I have a feeling your parents would feel better if you and your fiance were at least engaged with a wedding date set. A friend of mine''s parents are very similar, but they (my friend and her fiance) will be living together for a few months before their wedding....that''s just how their leases worked out. If you have a reason such as the perfect house was available I would think (granted I dont'' know your parents) they would get over it.

Hope your weekend goes well....keep us updated.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I know it''s really hard not to slip into the blues when this happens but trust me you WILL find your home. SO and I had to walk away from a house we adored because the sellers would not bend on the price. In the end we found a home that we loved even more than the first house. We have lived there, very happily, for almost two years now.

SO and I also bought our home - you guess it - unengaged. At first my parents were not pleased with my decision. I understood their concerns and I addressed them head-on. Since I was working at a law firm that focused almost exclusively on real estate, I was able to show my overly concerned parents contracts signed by my SO and I which protected both of us in the event of a break-up. Fortunately their concerns were all legal and religious beliefs never entered into the picture.

I really hope that your SO''s mom can come up with a satisfying way to help you two. I just posted over in BWW my feelings regarding the fact that my SO and I have set our date prior to getting a ring and how many people belittle our decision. I really don''t think you need a ring to be engaged and it drives me crazy when people insist upon it.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Cravin - Thanks! Although my parents are very stubborn I hope that you are right. I have this hope that once I have a ring and a date (which we think will be in very early 2009) that they will give in and start being excited and happy.

KTF - Thank you so much for sharing your story! That makes me feel so much better. I know exactly how you feel about people not understanding your relationship just b/c you don''t have the ring yet. SO and I feel like we are already committed, we feel like we are already married, but no one else sees it that way w/o the ring.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results