shape
carat
color
clarity

Talking of ex'es!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I am still friends with mine. We were together 8 years and nearly got married but realised we were never foing to fit or work together and so broke up.

But I only hear from him these days when he needs a "favor". Long story but his favors only ever cause me trouble in the long run, and so I have pretty much stopped doing them for him anyhow.

Recently he called to ask if he could burrow money from me (uh no).

And guess what! Yesterday he called and asked me to co-sign a car loan with him...! I was speechless. He was completely serious. I said no freaking way.

I am not his sister. He doesnt seem to get that he can't expect sh|t like this from me.

Grr what a drop kick.

Anyhow anyone else have odd ex stories?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
At least you said no ! But it almost seems like he's only on good terms with you to perhaps catch a favor from time to time? :confused:

My ex is like that too. He will randomly IM /Text me and my first response will normally be "What do you need?" He got hurt a couple of times by that .. but hey.. generally it is true.

Another ex just could not get over me, I had to get a restraining order against him ! He was still trying to contact me 2 years after I got the restraining order. Sheesh.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My ex, his girlfriend, my boyfriend, and I are all members of the same VW groups. Not looking forward to next summer's roadtrip. Awkward!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My ex, ugh, I finally had to block him from google chat. Also had to ignore several facebook friend requests. He moved to the other side of the country about a year after we broke up. It was funny because I told him, when we broke up, that he would want me back when it came time for him to move. So he moved with his girlfriend. And still would IM me. At one point he told me that if I said the word, he would break up with his GF and marry me. Keep in mind the reason we broke up was because he didn't know if or when he ever wanted to get married. I honestly think he thought I would be on the next plane. I was tempted to email that conversation to his girlfriend, but I figured it was none of my business. They broke up a few months later anyway.

What a db.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. Got a crazy ex story of my own.
FI has an ongoing crazy ex.

Both WAY to personal to go into here, but you aren't alone.

A

Anonymous

Trying to maintain a friendship with my ex because we have 2 kids together and we were married for 10 years. It worked fine until he started seriously seeing his new girlfriend. Within a month of their being together she was already getting "uneasy" with me contacting him, even though our interactions are ALWAYS appropriate and pretty on topic re: the kids. She's gone so far as to snoop all over my FB, question him about how often I call and get upset about me interrupting their time together when I have called (not knowing she was around) and talked to him for less than 2 minutes. She should understand, since she's a mom herself, but she doesn't have any contact with her son's father so she just doesn't "get it" regarding exes remaining friends and communicating regularly about their children. :roll: In case you can't tell, I'm not a fan and am struggling with it. Urgh. :sick:

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
My ex and my FI are roommates. I was only with the ex for about 6 months and it was 5 years ago now, so not too weird. Long story short, ex left me for another girl (who was sort of a friend of mine... until she decided it was ok to steal my boyfriend) and followed her to college. Two years later she dumped him, saying she didn't want to be in a relationship because she would just mess it up. Then 2 days later she was dating someone else, who she has since married. So really, a feel a little bad for the guy in spite of whatever happened, and we did more or less stay friends. Anyway, after his girlfriend dumped him, he transferred to the same school where FI goes, as do many of our other friends from high school. And we all hung out with the same group of friends in high school, which is how I met both of them anyway, so it wasn't unexpected for them to start hanging out again. Go figure, they have become pretty much best friends, and last year FI moved into a house with 3 other guys, one of which was the ex. But it has all worked out surprisingly well, th ex is always nice to me and doesn't make things difficult or awkward, or seem to mind seeing me with someone else (who I've been with for almost 5 years, so by now he should be over it anyway). But it is kind of funny that they're such good friends. Heck, the ex saw my engagement ring before I did, and knew the proposal was coming the week before! All and all I guess I'm lucky that in spite of whatever happened in the past he has turned out to be a pretty cool guy, and all hard feelings and gone. Is there anything about him I like better than my FI? Not a chance! :)

merbear1215

Rough_Rock
My ex was a nut....seems like he still is.

Incredibly charming and outgoing but....you can only hide who you are for so long. He has the worst temper!! We were together for about 3 months years ago.

However, every now again he still will message/call/whatever. I warned a friend once that he was "bad news" and he called me up screaming at me at about 2 in the morning, wanting to know why he was bad news. Um, perfect example of that. My then bf, now husband, took the phone and very calmly was like "we are sleeping, you need to leave us alone." and Ex was like "don't disrespect me, you better hope we never meet, etc." Um, disrespect?? you are calling me to yell at 2 am.

Also, whenever he talks to me he is ALWAYS all over the place with his relationship. And once he said something to about seeing SO somewhere (they lived in the same city at the time, I was in another city at the time) and he said "and I am sure he knows who I am" and I said "why would you think that" and he said "I am sure he has seen pictures..." I thought that was really funny, like we sit around looking at pictures of my ex....not the case.

But, probably the best thing the ex has done is, when seeing my now husband out at a bar, he went up to him and said something like congratulations on being able to put up with her this long. Kind of an ass for sure!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel a little left out...haha, don't have an ex! Unless you count "boyfriends" from middle school. :saint:

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
I don't really tay in contact with exes, they're exes for a reason (mainly my realization thar they were stupid/crazy/selfish etc and ending the relationship).

heyme

Rough_Rock
I only have one REAL ex. We were together for 3 years. We were young (broke up when we were both 19) and it just didn't work out. We're still "friends" in the sense that we talk maybe once a month. I saw him the other day because he let a friend know about a car I was selling and his friend ended up buying it. But other than that we talk once in a while. I still consider him a close friend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results