shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of rude people...daily workout thread 5-23

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I just had to vent about this. So my gym has the usual "30 minutes on the cardio machines if people are waiting" rule and they have whiteboards that you can put your name on and stuff. So I put my name down for a treadmill and I wait. I notice that this one guy is getting really close to 30 minutes. He seems to notice it too, because he looks at the time on the treadmill, looks over his shoulder at me, at the whiteboard, and back at me, and continues to walk
29.gif
10 minutes later, as I am standing there not wanting to try to get his attention by speaking loudly because I don''t want him to fall off and also because I don''t think it will help since he obviously knows I am waiting, I go ask the front desk for help. So a guy from the front desk comes over with me and politely points out to the guy that he is over the time limit and someone is waiting. The guy acts all incredulous and starts look around, notices that someone else is getting close to 30 minutes and starts asking that guy if he''s going to be done soon and saying that I should wait for the second guy to be done
29.gif
I pointed out that I had already been waiting over 10 minutes, and he acts all annoyed and very slowly and reluctantly gets off, the guy from the front desk asks "is that OK sir" and the guys says "yeah" and then under his breath to me "its annoying, but whatever." I mean, c''mon, how old are you?! So I said to him, I''m sorry you''re annoyed, but the rule is written very clearly (pointing to sign right next to the treadmill he was on) right there and I didn''t make it. And then he starts going off about how I should have tried to talk to him instead of going and getting someone from the front desk to help. I explained that I had already tried to get his attention and failed and asked politely if he could at least wipe down the treadmill. He wouldn''t so I ignored him and wiped it down myself and started my workout. I HATE people who think that the rules don''t apply to them
29.gif
I mean, I accept that you can lose track of time or make a mistake or whatever, but then be graceful about it when someone points it out to you - I mean, you need to act like an adult once you are one!!!

Whew, OK, thanks for letting me vent. Good news is I did get in my workout, and with the exception of a few cheats over the weekend (I mean, I had to taste the food at the place we were visiting for a potential wedding site - otherwise, how would I know if its good or not
31.gif
) I''ve been doing pretty much OK with the diet. I have my WW WI tomorrow morning, and will update on that. I''m hoping to hit the 10 lb (15 if I''m lucky) mark before my stepmom''s 50th b-day party on June 13th.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Wow....that was lack of common courtesy!! What a jerk!! At Curves, we sometimes have the same problem as people will alter their workout on the circuit to make it more realistic for them. However, they don''t pay attention to those who are following the circuit as it should be and continue their modified workout without realizing that they could be impeding on someone else''s station...it''s a pain, but the staff deals with it appropriately.

I also worked out today and did my 200 crunches!! My SCUBA class is also keeping me active in a very passive way...it''s great!! I have my 2nd pool dive tomorrow night.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
In honor of the H-town LIW meeting last night, I actually worked out a little. I did the eliptical for 30 minutes and then went home and walked the dog for a mile, and it was very HOT outside.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
Good Heavens, way to have a tamtrum over nothing. Why act indignant over the rules? My gym (Golds) in Tuscaloosa has no such policy which is why I go in the mornings, that and so I can go for as long as I want. I have been keeping up with my eleptical time at least 645calories a day and between 60-75min a day. I am not seeing much change, or any but eventually I will!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results