shape
carat
color
clarity

So stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am so stupid - I have done it again, getting my hopes up just to be devastated again, I should no better. We are on holidays, perfect for a proposal, staying with my parents so the question can be asked. But we were talking last night and he said something to make me realise that it''s not happening now. And, now of course, I am miserable. Should have known better than to get my hopes up. Oh well, I am making an effort to get over it and enjoy my holiday with the best man in the world and my great parents. My Mum''s endless supply of cocktails is helping!! Sorry, had to vent!
39.gif

WeightLifterChick

Rough_Rock
I feel for you, I''ve had my hopes up before, thinking "this is the day" only to have it not happen - not even close!

Brush yourself off, have a few drinks
9.gif
and enjoy the rest of your vacation. Don''t let this get you down and ruin the rest of the trip
1.gif

Tuesday

Rough_Rock
Ugh, I know how you feel! I can still remember every pained minute of every nice dinner, outing, or vacation over the past year thinking that "this might just be ''it''!"

Now that I''ve gotten some confirmation from my BF that it will happen soon (hopefully within the month) I''m actually a little relieved and can enjoy my time out with him.

I know it''s hard, but try to relax and just enjoy your time with him. Spend time thinking about why you love him instead of why you''re not engaged. Channel your frustration into doing nice things for him, and for yourself.

Good luck!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey, we know JUST how you feel! I don't think there is an girlfriend/fiance/wife out there who can't sympathize. That's such a nagging feeling to feel as though a perfect opportunity has slipped by.

Whenever men on here say they're "waiting for the perfect moment," it always makes me think of all the "perfect moments" that came and went while MY guy was waiting for the "perfect moment." They also don't realize that not only are they missing all these perfect moments, but the moment will BECOME perfect, regardless of when it is, the moment they begin to propose! Silly boys
2.gif

Anyway, a bit of a tangent. I just wanted to commiserate with you a little
1.gif
I hope that you can still fully enjoy your holiday even though you feel a little let down. Just keep reminding yourself how cute it is that your guy is waiting for THE perfect moment--to him, nothing seems good enough for you. He'll keep holding out for that perfect moment until he just can't hold himself back anymore!!!!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry this has happened. Maybe he would like to propose on a more intimate level perhaps in a setting without your parents...who knows...keep drinking and have a great time..remember that we are all here to pick each other up.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
honey22 – First of all, you are not stupid for hoping this would be the time for your proposal. This has happened to almost all of us at some point. For a few ladies similar situations have happened repeatedly. I know it is so difficult to really enjoy yourself but try and shift your focus if you can. Trust me, you are in a very good position with endless cocktails. I’m feeling frustrated as of late but sadly, I am at work without any cocktail in sight to sooth my LIW weary mind
20.gif

largirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh, man do I know that feeling! Every vacation, every dinner, every special occassion/holiday you wait with bated breath...and then nothing. BUMMER! It sucks.
7.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support ladies - I knew you would understand. I feel much better getting it off my chest though. Thanks for being there! We had a heart to heart today and although a proposal isn''t on the cards just yet, things are good and looking positive. So here''s to having a good holiday and lots of cocktails!!
18.gif

WeightLifterChick

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 6:27:58 AM
Author: honey22
Thanks for the support ladies - I knew you would understand. I feel much better getting it off my chest though. Thanks for being there! We had a heart to heart today and although a proposal isn''t on the cards just yet, things are good and looking positive. So here''s to having a good holiday and lots of cocktails!!
18.gif
Glad to hear you talked about things and that you''re feeling better!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results