shape
carat
color
clarity

Progress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
YIPPEEE!!!!
9.gif

My boyfriend is in town for a quick weekend leave from his crazy training in Washington... and guess what he asked me if I wanted to do tomorrow???????

Go to our chosen B&M store... and actually PICK OUR STONE!!! We''d been before a couple times, figured out the setting and looked at "possible" center stones... but with no intention of actually plunking down the money and getting the ring started. Just figuring out the carat size and budget, etc....

Okay, I am THROUGH THE ROOF!! He''s showering, and I''m trying to control myself... YIPEEEEE!
19.gif

I know this is ridiculous, but with my boy, this is some SERIOUS PROGRESS!! Our anniversary is in October, so he said he wanted it to be definetly completed by then... and appraised and insured, etc... with time to spare. I can''t be more grateful that he''s realizing these things TAKE TIME!! By jove, he''s got it!
23.gif

Just HAD to share - I know it''s not like "I''m engaged," but hey, it''s got me almost as happy!
30.gif

Aussiegirl : p

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
EEK! Happy, happy Aussie!! I remember the day I *discovered* Paul had chosen and purchased my stone, I was insanely giddy and happy and inquisitive and silly and all that fun stuff.

Enjoy the excitement, girl. I''m HAPPY for you! Yay!!!!
9.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Jen,

I don''t feel quite allright being so excited - one benefit I have in my situation is that I am being included in all the planning and decisions. I''m not in the dark, or having to guess as to what''s going on... So I really shouldn''t be so excited now, but heck I still am...

Oh goodness, I''ve got to ask... WHERE IS PAUL... WHERE ARE OUR PICTURES... and WHERE IS OUR COMPLETE STORY???? Out of nostalgia I was looking back at Paul''s thread, and seriously, it is TOO cute to read!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Savor the excitement!!! Props to your guy understanding that the whole thing takes time too!!! October is just around the corner!!!
36.gif
1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
He''s not here yet, which is why I''m on here SO incredibly late. I''m still waiting to see if he brought my camera or not, because he likes teasing me about how involved in this forum I''ve become in the past months.

But even though you *know* the plans, when it''s REALITY coming into being, it''s still got to be totally breathtaking!

So, you can Yay it up all you want!!

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Jen, is he coming up tonight and delivering the camera in person??? WOOHOO!

Btw... is Paul living in Atlanta? I remember he''s in Georgia, but I don''t remember what part. Do you know anything about Columbus, GA? (My boy will be in Ft. Benning for about a month and I''m curious what it''s like down there???) I''m guessing it''s about an hour from Atlanta? No? Any info would be superb : )

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
He''s on his way up for the weekend, and while he usually gets here MUCH earlier, he had some extra planning to do for the new school year, and he''s teaching two new subjects, so he had to everything all set up *ever the planner* before leaving. Since I left my camera at his house, I''m HOPING he brought it with him, even though he says he FORGOT it. I don''t know anything about Columbus GA, but I''m sure Paul does. He LOVES all of Georgia, and I''ll ask him where it is in relation to Atlanta and all that stuff. The only parts of GA I know are Atlanta, Savannah, and Tybee Island. Other than that, I''m pretty much a blank. Sorry, but I''ll ask. He''ll probably know all sorts of stuff on the demographics and population and all that stuff, off the top of his head. Cracks me up the stuff he remembers like that.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Aussie! It''s great news and you absolutely SHOULD be excited. When we got my stone in, I was BEYOND excited even though it was still some time before "IT" happened --- I think it just makes it that much more REAL. Hope you are having a blast!!!

jen

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
YAY!! That''s so exciting! I remember our shopping experience in May... It was fantastic, and we were both so thrilled when we walked out of there!! YAY!!
36.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Columbus. GA is not too very far from where I live. It''s a pretty typical Georgia City. There are several colleges there, and most of the people I know who go there say it''s a pretty fun area.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul says Columbus is nice, a good place to live. It''s close to the Chatahoocie River, which is fun. It''s also close to the Alabama line, if your boy will have the chance to travel. Paul adores Birmingham, so he thought that was a definite "plus." It''s a little over two hours from Atlanta, but there''s a lot to do in the Columbus area.

I hope your boy is safe there and that he learns all the stuff he''s supposed to, or whatever it is that Army people do at camps.
9.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls for the input about Columbus
9.gif

I guess I've gotten used to just jet-setting into a city, visiting my boy and leaving again before I've even gotten a chance to get my bearings. But I'm trying to do a little better and get some idea of a restaurant to head to, or a park to visit, etc... Yay for temporary duty stations and training sessions...
7.gif
Not such a big deal, but it'll be nice when he's stationed somewhere for 3 years, instead of like 3 weeks here, 5 weeks here, etc. Then again, I have more frequent-flyer miles than anyone I know
41.gif

YAY for all the engagements - so many happy girls - makes me smile
26.gif

Edited to Add: Oh Jen, he's perfectly safe where he is right now - no Iraq for him right now... that was LAST year
14.gif
That's not something I want to repeat any time soon... If only Bush would realize the number of girls he's torturing here at home (okay, SO not the reason our troops need to come home, but I'm being selfish at this moment)!
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results