shape
carat
color
clarity

Progress, at last...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I would update everyone on the situation with "D."

The "slug" is gone from her apartment. He will have to return sometime to pick up his last stuff (not all of it fit in his car); but "D" is now realizing how much he affected here life now that she has had almost an entire week with him gone (and enjoying every minute of it). She has also indicated that she has to stop picking up helpless puppies of people.

In the end she sought help with the situation. Good thing, too, as I was beginning to really worry as I belived it was an emotional abuse situation and she was getting trapped.

Quite honestly, there were an issue within the last month that has frayed our relationship to the point that it affected my standing offer to marry her. I personally think that the reason she finally sought help was because she was on the verge of loosing me.

The best way to sum up the situation is: Things happened and either we will patch things up and emerge stonger; or now was the time to find out. Either way - it was to both of our benifits.

All can be rebuilt, but will take time. There is still an offer leading to marriage out there, but now it will require an engagement period where before I would have just done it (and we had talked of eloping).

In the meantime "D" is continuing with her support person to stabilize her beliefs better. That is more than I expected. Great.

So I am still on the list, but don''t see a mariage for a while, althoug possibly an engagment yet this year. A lot is up to "D" on this.

Thought you all would like to know.

Perry

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
perry- Thanks for the update; that is a quite a month that you both have had!! That is awesome news that D is working towards a better home situation!

The best way to sum up the situation is: Things happened and either we will patch things up and emerge stonger; or now was the time to find out. Either way - it was to both of our benifits.
So true! I wish you the best
35.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Perry, Situations like those are tough...if you work through it, your relationship will be all the better, I wish you two the best! Good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Finally the trash has been put to the curb!!!!! I''m very happy to hear this! I don''t think any progress would/could be made until this happened.

I am sorry to hear that there is a "bump" in the road, but it seems like it''s something serious and should be dealt with now, rather than having it come up later. I hope things work out for you...keep us posted!!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Perry,

I hope that things are finally going to start working out for you! You may still have a way''s to go, but this is surely a huge step toward progress! Thanks for the update, I am hoping things work out for you and your girl!
2.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

Perry
I have followed the story of yourself and ''D''. I think you are a very grounded man to be so sure of yourself and to understand that some things (when it comes to others) are things that they need to realise and cope with on their own. I think it is so true that you cannot love another until you have learned to love yourself (this was certainly true for me).

I wish you all the luck in the world with ''D'' and sincerely hope things work out for you. If they do not, at least you will know that you did all in your power to give this relationship every chance of succeeding and that is all any of us can hope to do.

*bigencouraginghug*
C

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Perry I have followed your story with ''D'' from the begining, and i am soooo happy to hear that that guy is out of the picture (finally!)...I hope this is the first of many baby steps towards a better relationship.

As you said, there are bumps in the road and this will only help in defining your relationship and where you both stand in it. I wish you all the best and hope things go the way you would like them too..

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results