shape
carat
color
clarity

Please take me off the list!! I GOT ENGAGED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Yeaaahhh!!!! It happended!! I know I asked ya'll to cross your fingers (thanks!) and I think it helped!! I just got back from our vacation in Vancouver and I am very happy to announce that Chris and I got engaged! The ring is gorgeous! It is a Scott Kay ring ( I have always wanted a S.K. ring) but I am having a hard time taking pics of it. I don't know any details and unfortunately I can't give any since my fiancee is still in Canada for another two weeks. Here's how the proposal happened... it's a tad lengthy but there was a ton to tell!

As some of you know, we went to Vancouver and Victoria for our vacation. However, Chris had to go earlier and stay later for work. So I met him up there on Saturday, July 1st. I had a feeling that he was going to propose in Victoria since that was our special place. So I figured that since we weren't going to Victoria until the 7th, he wouldn't be proposing any time soon.

I flew to Vancouver on July 1. It was a long flight through Denver and each flight was full of drama. Chris met me at the airport with a red rose with purple flowers surrounding it. I LOVE the color purple so that was a nice surprise. We took a cab to the company apartment that Chris was staying at. This is a new apartment for us and he told me how nice it was.

On the cab over, he was taking a lot of pictures of me in the car. I thought whatever and happily obliged since I am a camera hog! Then he asked me if I had started using our new video camera. I told him I hadn't but it looked easy to operate. He then said that we should take some pictures of the apartment before we mess it up. I thought that was kind of funny becasue usually I am the one to say that. But I immediately thought it was not possible for him to propose today becasue I KNEW it would be in Victoria!

The apartment was beautiful with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the skyscrapers of downtown Vancouver. It was right in the heart of downtown Vancouver. As I walked into the place, I was in awe of the beauty of the apartment! The view was amazing!!! I threw my bags down and said that I needed to start getting this on film before I completely mess it up!
And if you know me, you know it only takes me ten minutes to mess up a room!

He said that while I was taping he would get me a glass of wine since I had a rough flight into Vancouver. He told me that he went to the local wine shop in the city and found my favorite wine... Lakeridge Estates Southern Red. Now... for all the non-Orlandians, Lakeridge is a vineyard here in O-Town and they don't ship internationally! It's a very small vineyard and I love their Southern Red. I started laughing and thought that was cute that he brought a bottle of Southern Red all the way to Canada. But I am STILL NOT on to what he is about to do.

A
fter taking some footage of the apartment and some commentary on the wine, I started filiming Chris who was in the study of the apartment. In the study, there are floor to ceilinig windows with the best view of the city! He was standing by the window holding a glass of wine.

While I was taping, he asked, "Alisha... do you love me?" Of course I said, "Absolutely!" Next thing you know, he handed me the glass of wine and got on one knee while I was filming!! He said, as he started to shake and tear up, that he loved me and wanted us to spend the rest of our lives together. He said some other things but I was still kind of dazed as to what was happening. I was seriously multitasking... focusing on the the camera taping him, realizing that he was proposing and asking myself "Where is my ring!"

Then he says, "Alisha, will you marry me?" I say, "Are you serious????!?!?!?" He nods, tears up more and points the the wine glass. On the glass there was a purple wine charm and attached to it was the most GORGEOUS ring!!! If you need to know what my answer was.... re read this story again!! How could you say no to the sweetest proposal ever!!?!?!?! Of course I said YES!!

After the hugs and kisses and the down on one knee & placement of the ring on my finger, I looked at the ring more closely and that is when I noticed it was a Scott Kay! My FAVORTIE designer!! I have loved his rings for almost a decade! And he got me the ring that I continued to tear out of magazines... unknowing that each time I teared it out, I was tearing out the same ring. I didn't think he would get it so he had me fooled. I don't have exact details but I know the center is a 1.25 round with a .25 princess and six pave diamonds on each side. He did soooo good!!
36.gif

He said his original plan was to do it in Victoria but he changed his mind that morning. He figured the view and the timing was perfect. AND he said this way I had all week to show it off on our vacation! He knows me too well!!! Since I had a feeling it was happening in Victoria, I would have been antsy all trip. And I would have expected it. THIS ... I DIDN"T EXPECT!!! We used to talk about the way that Martin proposed to Gina on the show Martin and how I thought that was awesome (if you don't know what I am talking about, I would be more than happy to explain). But I am glad he didn't do that because that wasn't him nor us. The way he did it was awesome and I never would have asked for anything different.

Soooo long story short... WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!! No date is set but we know the fall of 2007.

We are pretty excited!!! If you could see me, I am still glowing! I can't wait to start the planning and look forward to asking a ton of quetions here and getting even more ideas and advice!

Once I figure out how to take a nice picture, I will attach one. All my pics so far have not come out good. If anyone has any advice on taking ering pics, I would definitely appreciate it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Best wishes to you and your fiancé! Can''t wait to see pics of that ring...
9.gif
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
YAY!!! We knew this was coming... what a great story! Can''t wait to see that gorgeous Scott Kay- congrats!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story. Congratulations! As for the pictures, I know the macro function works wonders.
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! What a lovely proposal and Im glad that he managed to surprise you. Looking forward to the ring pics

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love scott kay too! I can''t wait to see your pics!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story!!!!!!! It''s great that he surprised you, and the ring sounds yummy
30.gif
30.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!
jen
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, what a great proposal that was. Congrats and best wishes to you both. Can''t wait to see your ring, sounds fabulous!!!
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like it was a beautiful proposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring sounds BEAUTIFUL!

The proposal sounds romantic, too.

YAY!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, congratulations! The best part is that you have your whole proposal on camara...well except you that is, since you were behind the camara, it will be fun to watch that tape again!! Can''t wait to see pics of the ring it sounds beautiful.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! It sounds like the proposal was exactly what you wanted, and I can''t wait to see pix of the ring!!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
WhooHOO!! Congratulations on your engagement!!
9.gif
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so glad it went so beautifully and that he surprised you.

Ring Ring Ring Ring, we want Ring pics!!!!
9.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That sounds just perfect, and I can''t wait to see pictures!!!! Of both the ring and the apartment? Pleeeeease?
12.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!
36.gif
I don''t know how the H you didn''t drop the camera, though! Best wishes!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing proposal! (I, too, am impressed you didn''t drop the camera!) The ring sounds pretty darned amazing too.
2.gif
Can''t wait to see pics!

Congrats to you & Chris on your engagement!
36.gif

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on such a sweet proposal! Can''t wait to see your Scott Kay! Mine''s a SK as well.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, I thought how you described your fiancee when he proposed to you is just precious. Congratulations and I can''t wait to see some pictures!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That sounds so incredibly sweet, and I''m glad you got your dream ring. I can''t wait to see the pictures!

36.gif
36.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

You cracked me up when you said, "focusing on the the camera taping him, realizing that he was proposing and asking myself "Where is my ring!"

HILLARIOUS!!!

Can''t wait to see your pics!!!
18.gif

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all soooo much!! This is THE BEST group of people I have ever been in a "forum" with! You all are soooo nice!

I too amd surprised I didn''t drop the camera!! LOL I think I was more in complete shock. If I could put it on here, you would see how wobbly the picture gets!
emsmilep.gif

I am still trying to work on the picture! I can''t seem to take a good one. Hopefully, when my boo gets back he can help me figure out a way to get a good pic. I love the pics a ton of you have with your e-ring in flowers. I love that! As soon as I can figure it out.. I''ll add it on!

Thanks again for your well wishes!!!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 1:20:15 PM
Author: BlackDiamond21
CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

You cracked me up when you said, 'focusing on the the camera taping him, realizing that he was proposing and asking myself 'Where is my ring!'

HILLARIOUS!!!

Can't wait to see your pics!!!
18.gif
LOL I KNOW, BlackDiamond!!! The Where in my ring part was definitely a thought in my mind! To tell you the truth
emembarrassed.gif
.... for a split (and only split second) I thought... "It better not be in this red wine!!!) LOL
emotion-40.gif
LOL I knew it wasn't because he HATES getting is fingers dirty with food and drink. So I knew he wouldn't drop such a huge financial investment in alcohol! LOL But... the thought crossed my mind!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw Congrats! It''s nice that your FI surprised you and that ya''ll will have that footage forever now!

Can''t wait to see the ring.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock

WOOOOOWWW!!! Okay... my fiancee is still in Canada but last night I was at his house watching our cats and we were chatting on the phone about my ring. I was asking him questions about the grade of the diamond. He didn't know off hand so he told me where he was hiding it to check the paper work.

I went and got it and then almost dropped the phone. He told me that my center stone was a 1.25. However... according to the paperwork and receipt.... it's a 1.56! He kept asking was I sure and I told him that it was impossible for the tw to be 1.56 because that would mean that the center was maybe a .82 since the setting is .64.

It is funny because I kept saying... wow this is huge for a 1.25! And everyone i meet has said Wow.. he did good... wow what a rock and things like that!

He is sooooo funny! He told me that he went in wanting a 1.25 and was set on that. He said he remembered the associate talking aobut a 1.5 but he kind of blocked that out! He said he thinks that the only reason why he continued to believe it was a 1.25 was because he truly heart of hearts wanted one. I know that he is an extremely modest man! Very humble and doesn't like "showing off". But I was like... You should have at least told me! LOL

So it's a 1.56!! I'm going to confirm that when we take the pics for the insurance and see the report and all but it definitely looks like that! I don't want to sound like I am flaunting it but I am sooooo bad at sizing diamonds so I am shocked to know that it is really that size. It did look big!

I'll get picks soon!
emteeth.gif

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
What an original proposal! Congratulations on three things: getting engaged, not breaking the camera, and not spilling the red wine! He sounds like a great man. And glad you got your dream ring! Yay!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
That last post was just teasing us, because it''s even bigger now. Seriously, where are those pics? jk
9.gif

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 8:40:36 PM
Author: kcoursolle
That last post was just teasing us, because it''s even bigger now. Seriously, where are those pics? jk
9.gif
I know!! i know!
26.gif
LOL I debated even saying it without the pictures but I was so excited I had to tell!!! LOL But I PROMISE I will put one on soon. Even if it''s blurry!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results