shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Solitaire Engagement Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been toying with the idea of having a band as an engagment ring for some time and possibly flanking it with a smaller band later. I''m in love with Tiffany''s Schlumberger all diamond band...so beautiful and on my size 3.75 finger the stones look huge!

Is this a good idea? I have a small ring size and short fingers so any sort of engagement ring and band would need to sit flush. I do love a lovely piece of bling but I wouldn''t want to have to keep taking it off...so a nice sparkly band has a great deal of appeal to me!

Quite frankly most of the married women in my life wear one or the other...either the wedding band or engagement ring. I don''t see a problem with wearing just one...

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
I would say whatever you''re comfortable with will work! :) I checked out the ring -- it''s gorgeous and I''m sure it will look lovely. I have a similar issue -- I don''t really want to wear both. I have short fat fingers?

I think whatever makes you happy is what you should go with!!! :)

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Northstar-

I love that idea and have been toying with it myself (this will be my second marriage, I''m no kid at 36) I just think its cool, elegant and different.

Go for it!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Am I looking at the wrong thing? The schlumberger ring seems to have a solitaire?

In any case, I concur with the others that you should do what you want. The only "downside" to going with a band is that some people will assume you''re married not engaged, but that probably doesn''t make a difference.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted a band as my engagement/wedding band for a few years. Actually, I still see bands from time to time and fall in love, and re-think what I described to my best friend "just in case." What was especially attractive to me was the fact that I use my hands a lot in my work, and a gorgeous (in my case, usually diamond) band would be incredibly practical. Plus, I want my e-ring to be a bit unique. I later found a more "traditional" deisign that still screamed "ME" - hence I no longer want a band.

I also know many women who slowly stopped wearing their e-ring later in life, especially once little ones were in the picture.

I think a band could be gorgeous, practical, and a tangible representation of the fact that the commitment you and your FI share is unique.

I agree that some people may think that you are married rather than engaged, but would that be a problem for you?
Munchkin

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Northestar,

I think that would be a beautiful engagement ring. I''ve thought about getting a really big diamond eternity band (and that''s it). I love eternity bands. I waver between a traditional engagement ring and just a band. If it suits your style then go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results