shape
carat
color
clarity

No Gifts Necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just spoke to a very close male friend who deals with all my craziness. He informed me that Valentine''s Day is a ''girls holiday'' and that we don''t need to get our boys any gifts. He said the only gift that was necesarry is ''panty lines.'' (Which I personally think is weird... but that''s the kind of guy he is. I can now add him to the growing list of men who think panty lines are sexy. Yuck!)
14.gif

So, I don''t know if people agree, but I''m all for not having to pressure myself about what cute, romantic gift I can get for my baby!
36.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, what if we just rocked their world and didn''t give them anything to unwrap or eat - would they notice or even care?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We dont really exchange gifts. Sometimes he buys me a rose or two, and then a box of chocolates for himself that i get a piece or two of.
9.gif

We take turns making plans (either cooking or going out for dinner) and usually have a little fun afterwards.
31.gif
I think this came from being poor college kids and then being long distance for 2 years! Recently ive been adding in some Victorias Secret items though.

I still remember our first Vday and what got our Vday tradition started... we had only been dating like 2 weeks, and i wanted to do something cute and sweet SOOOO bad, so to not come across too needy (i hadnt had a BF on Vday in years), i casually asked him over to dinner. I didnt even call it Vday dinner, just dinner, and i made it sound like i was already planning on cooking. I guess it worked huh?

And my favorite Vday memory... We hadnt seen each other in 2 months and i took the train up to Philly. As i can up the escalator, there he was with 3 red roses and a little box of chocolates.
30.gif
Seemed like a scene from a movie!

snlee

Ideal_Rock

I don''t think I''m going to get my honey anything for V-day. I never was much of a fan for this day. It''s so commercialized. I don''t expect much either. He''s gotten me a box of chocolates and a chocolate flower...can''t remember what else. We will probably just go out for a dinner this weekend. No big thing planned.

I asked him what he wants and he said "all I want is to be with you." =) That''s all I really want too. This will be our 5th V-day together!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haha, boys may play like they''re all tough... but they want to feel special and loved too!!! though i don''t really find vday important... but i try to figure little surprises for him once in a while, just so he knows that i am thinking of him.

though last year for vday, with a LOT of my dad''s help, i made a big memory box for us. it''s something like 24 inches x 12 x12. ok, so i mostly stood there and watched while my dad did everything- though i did hold things still once in a while.. and eventually stained it. but we save lots of things in there- special movie tickets, pictures, invitations from weddings, silly stuffed animals, and our scrapbook- anything special to us. and that went over pretty well.. and it''s useful too!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll probably get my bf a card and maybe a cute little ''I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much book.''
30.gif
I believe in the past I didn''t get him anything and he was okay with that. But since I''m hunting for a ring this year...
12.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 5:46
6.gif
8 PM
Author: icekid
haha, boys may play like they''re all tough... but they want to feel special and loved too!!! though i don''t really find vday important... but i try to figure little surprises for him once in a while, just so he knows that i am thinking of him.

though last year for vday, with a LOT of my dad''s help, i made a big memory box for us. it''s something like 24 inches x 12 x12. ok, so i mostly stood there and watched while my dad did everything- though i did hold things still once in a while.. and eventually stained it. but we save lots of things in there- special movie tickets, pictures, invitations from weddings, silly stuffed animals, and our scrapbook- anything special to us. and that went over pretty well.. and it''s useful too!
I love the memory box!!! What a great idea and so sentimental with your dad "helping"
2.gif
you make it.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting...I've never had any of my guy friends say to me that panty lines are sexy
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i got FI that thing for his car.. but I also got "us" something from work (at VS!!). He''ll like that just as much as the car thing

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t do a big V-day thing. We were in the car the other night and there came a commercial on the radio, "Guys are you sick of wondering what to get your girl? We have the perfect gift..." and I was about to turn off the car but he grabbed my hand to stop me because he wanted to listen to their perfect solution. I just looked at him and I said, "You know you don''t have to get me anything for Valentine''s, right?" and he kinda rolls his eyes and goes, "Yeah, uh-huh." And I give him a looooooong look, and I say, "No, seriously. You don''t have to get me anything. We''re both broke, I don''t really care for the holiday, and you can save the money for my birthday in three weeks, heheh.
2.gif
"

I prefer Vdays that are all about spending time together, doing something fun and hearing him say something sweet, than about figuring out what to get each other.
14.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
My man and I are truly pathetic
14.gif
We ALWAYS agree before any holiday or event on spending very little on each other. I usually double the given budget and he usually shatters that poor budget into smithereens.
4.gif
It''s almost become a game now.

But this V-day I definatley win because I know he has spent less than me, Mwa hahahaha!

I got him davidoff cool waters cologne, silk boxers and an asterix and obelix book (don''t ask, you don''t want to know)

We are such kids!
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results