shape
carat
color
clarity

New Lady

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
Hi All :wavey:

I'd love to be added to the list of Ladies in Waiting!

My SO and I are in our late twenties. We met a little over a year ago and have been inseparable ever since. A few months ago we started talking rings and marriage very seriously, and I know that he's started saving. Initially, I THOUGHT I wouldn't have long to wait, because he was steadily stacking the saving away. However, recently three things happened.

1) He threw me a HUGE birthday surprise event/party and dipped into the savings for it.
2) He then broke his hand the very next day, which has impacted his earning ability at work. and
3) YAY He secured a job in Colorado (where -we realized just after beginning to date- we BOTH want to live)

So, he depleted his savings, then wasn't able to ADD any more to savings because of hand, and NOW he will be dipping into it even further (and possibly depleting it completely) in order to fund our move across 1,300 miles.

So. I am doing a lot of meditating lately. And teaching myself patience. :lol:

We went from being on track to get engaged by Spring at the latest to possibly needing to wait until Fall or later.

The upside is that we'll be in Colorado! And that with the increased income, savings might grow more quickly now! Also, more job security!

Ring-wise... I'm a old cuts gal. I WANT to love lower colors, because they look yummy in the old cuts (and easy on the budget, too), but they don't look yummy on my yellow-tinted skin. :/ Anything warmer than an H or I just kinda... blends into my skin.

I am set on a VC setting, but I want to be surprised, so I've given my SO a few options that I'd love (The Emilya in PL, the Alaria Solitaire in RG, or the Jocelyn Solitaire in RG) and I'm hoping for either an VC ACC or an OEC.

Right now I just can't WAIT to get to CO, find a job, and see how much we wind up being able to save away. (I am contributing to the cost because I'm asking for so much)

I love this man so much. I never thought I'd find someone so great, and who's such a great match for all my random weirdnesses! (Whose random weirdnesses I also love!) I just can't wait to start our lives together officially!

We leave for CO in exactly 4 weeks!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, AprilMay! :wavey: Victor Canera settings are lovely. Sounds like you will have to be patient, but living in Colorado will be a great place to bide your time.

Congratulations on finding someone whose weirdness is compatible with yours. I've always loved this quote:

“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”

― Robert Fulghum, True Love

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
I've always loved that quote, too!! And yes, I think getting to live in Colorado definitely makes a pushed-back engagement timeline worth it!

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Best of luck to you both on your move, and I hope your stay on the LIW list is a short one!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the LIW side! Your dream settings sound lovely...good luck on your future move!!! Hope your wait is short and sweet :)

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
Oh lordy... The more I look at these RG bezels with smaller OEC's (relatively speaking - I've been mooning over the super-sized OEC's), the more I fall in love... I think, once I DO get a ring, that I'll need to limit my PS time! If not, I'll just keep falling in love with more and more settings! What if I fall out of love with the one I eventually choose for my ring?? :errrr:

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Welcome AprilMay. Good luck with everything and positive energy going your way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results