shape
carat
color
clarity

My body NEEDS a ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve decided that my body has physically started needing an engagement ring. Weird, I know. But this is what''s been happening...

For a while now I''ve had a weird ''something''s missing'' feeling from my left ring finger. I literally panic sometimes when I see nothing''s there... like it should be. I have a beautiful right hand ring that my boyfriend gave me about two years ago. I take it off when I''m washing my hands sometimes b/c water gets in it and then I"m all wet. I have, on numerous occations, put that ring on my left hand when I''ve finished drying off. I don''t always notice that I''ve made this mistake right away.

(Sidebar, I crack my knuckles sometimes. Sometimes they ache and cracking them helps. If I''ve hurt or bruised a finger, then I can''t crack them and it continues to hurt...)

Recently, my left ring has been throbbing a little -- like I slightly jammed it or something. So, I tried cracking it, and it cracked. So I know it''s not hurt. However, the cracking doesn''t help AT ALL. Just continues to throb. It also tingles sometimes...

Maybe my body is psycially telling me that I''m going to get a ring soon?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share... (yes, and I know that I''m weird)...

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Then I think you NEED to get a ring VERY soon so that your poor finger doesn''t continue in pain
2.gif
....It''s the humane thing to do
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Would just any ring do or does it need a large sparkling diamond?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
A large, sparkly diamond is definitely needed for sure. Otherwise it would be like putting a bandage on a broken arm.
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been kind of having that feeling too...for several months now, whenever I look at my left hand, I feel like there should be a ring on it, and then I look and its not there. Maybe its a PS disease?

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/17/2005 10:34:52 AM
Author:ammayernyc
I''ve decided that my body has physically started needing an engagement ring. Weird, I know. But this is what''s been happening...

For a while now I''ve had a weird ''something''s missing'' feeling from my left ring finger. I literally panic sometimes when I see nothing''s there... like it should be. I have a beautiful right hand ring that my boyfriend gave me about two years ago. I take it off when I''m washing my hands sometimes b/c water gets in it and then I''m all wet. I have, on numerous occations, put that ring on my left hand when I''ve finished drying off. I don''t always notice that I''ve made this mistake right away.

(Sidebar, I crack my knuckles sometimes. Sometimes they ache and cracking them helps. If I''ve hurt or bruised a finger, then I can''t crack them and it continues to hurt...)

Recently, my left ring has been throbbing a little -- like I slightly jammed it or something. So, I tried cracking it, and it cracked. So I know it''s not hurt. However, the cracking doesn''t help AT ALL. Just continues to throb. It also tingles sometimes...

Maybe my body is psycially telling me that I''m going to get a ring soon?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share... (yes, and I know that I''m weird)...
I don''t know if this will be a popular suggestion, but maybe it would helpful to avoid Pricescope for a bit, since it is a constant reminder of what you are waiting for. I know checking out people''s posts about their new e-rings and their search for diamonds has even made me impatient, and I''m the guy proposing.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I thought about staying away for a while. But I really don''t want too. Yes, it makes me anxious sometimes that it''s never going to happen. However, my job consists of sitting at my computer all day so I look at the internet a lot... I would rather look at beautiful rings than at anything else! So, no staying away for me!

Besides, the finger problems started before I found this place!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I do this weird thing where I check out my left ring finger - as if I have a ring there. I like to imagine it there I guess, but it''s still a very strange thing to do no?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont think its strange. I have caught myslef wiggling my fingers as if I have a ring and meed to catch the light....I wear a lovely three row pave diamond band on my right hand but when I put it on the left it seems like a sad replacement....I wonder if there is some sort of thearpy for this.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Asschman, you''re NO fun!!
2.gif
2.gif

This is a fabulous discussion. I''m glad I''m not the only one. I don''t have a literal ACHE on the finger (ammayernyc wins on that one!) but my finger just looks and feels NAKED. I had a 16th bday ring that I wore on my left hand ring finger for years and years--for a while it was an effective deterrent at bars and stuff--but I took it off a few years ago when engagement started to seem like a real eventuality. My finger was actually DENTED--still is a little--b/c I wore a ring on that finger for so long. It''s always felt naked since.

And yes, I think it can''t be any old ring. It has to have....

....wait for it......

ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I was the only one! I''ve been divorced for 10 years & very rarely do I wear anything on my left ring finger but lately I notice the emptiness and I look at my left hand often expecting to see something...isn''t it weird?

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Noooooooo! Not.....

ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!

PLease, I beg of you, I can''t take it...I will crumble into a sobbing heap of quivering jelly and mumble to myself D, no G no D no G side-by side......

Doesn''t help that my eventual ring (that is pining for me right now in a safe) is a D. But with medium fluorescence, so it is actually a light lavender color int eh sunshine........

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I know what you ladies mean. However, when I get the itch, I just open up the ol microwave and try her on! Satisfies me for a short while.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
But what is the ICY WHITEST diamond you will accept as a ring? COULD IT BE H? D? (LOVE THAT D!) Or a well cut E I3??

CATER TO ME>

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results