shape
carat
color
clarity

More progress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
So in my very original post I gave our story - quick recap: Dating forever, finally thinking about getting married this last year. Finally had THE conversation about goals/timelines/expectations at the end of last year.

We talk about marriage all the time at home. What we want, what we need to work on, where we want to live, kids, etc.
We haven''t spoken about our plans, etc in front of other people - at least not seriously.

Last night we went to dinner with J''s brother. And J is telling us how he had run into an old mutual friend of the three of us. The friend had asked the typical question that we get these days: "So are you guys married yet??" and J says "Well, that''s what I am working on right now". After telling us the story J then proceeds to talk about what kind of wedding we would want to have (we both say no to Vegas - "maybe" to a destination wedding or smaller ceremony here locally) and how he has heard that planning gets so stressful, etc. All in front of his brother - without a hint of the usual "I''m really nervous about this next big step we are going to be taking" vibe.

I know it''s silly to get so excited about little tiny steps like this - but hey I''ve got to celebrate every one as it comes so I don''t get too impatient waiting for the proposal!! I just keep telling myself 2 months are done -- the max I will be waiting is another 10 months.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody hell...Is it a leap year?

I don''t think I could stand the wait.

If my DH was taking his time, I would have asked him. Because I love him to Bits!

Blod
35.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Congratulations!! It sounds like things are moving along, which is always good news!! Keep us posted!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I know it''s silly to get so excited about little tiny steps like this - but hey I''ve got to celebrate every one as it comes so I don''t get too impatient waiting for the proposal!! I just keep telling myself 2 months are done -- the max I will be waiting is another 10 months.
Cailet,
I don''t think it''s silly to get excited about little steps. I like the little steps! They are fun and make me very happy. It''s always nice to know what''s on their minds b/c it can be difficult to figure out. It''s also nice to HEAR those things on occasion. I''m happy for you!
When I told my bf a week or so ago that i''d like to go ring shopping and he said that he thought that was a good idea. I was sooo happy. No proposal, no date set to even look at rings but just that little statement made me feel very good.

All the steps are exciting!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I agree, Cailet, it''s the little steps that lead to the big steps! I''d be a little scared if all of a sudden it was nothing and then a HUGE step of him proposing with a ring totally opposite from what you had in mind!! Yay for little steps. Each little step takes you closer from boy soon to girl soon!!
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
yeah - I agree with you guys. I''m loving the little steps - and I am so picky I definiteyl don''t want to have a huge step come from out of nowhere with a big ugly ring. LOL. Last night he DID even mention going ring shopping although we are really busy (I am out of town for work next week and he is the after!) for the next couple of weeks but after that we may start to see some BIGGER steps. wooooo hoooo!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
As Amber said, the little steps lead to bigger steps, so there''s nothing wrong with being excited!! I think it''s great that he''s talking about it so openly with other people, it''s definitely a very good sign!!
9.gif
I hope you''re going to go shopping soon! You''ll see, it''s so exciting!

Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results