shape
carat
color
clarity

looking at rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
hey all!

i just realized that i posted this in the wrong forum. ooops. sorry. anyway, i haven''t been active lately (work, gmat review, life...) but i just wanted to let y''all know that we''re now looking at rings. i work by the diamond district so it''s easy for me to look at ring ideas whenever i feel like it. he, on the other hand, was never too thrilled to go window shopping with me before until last weekend. we were in the area and i casually said, i want to check out rings. he was totally supportive. he even said you should try on the ones you like so we can get an idea on what you want and what i should get. so i tried on 2 rings - first was 1.5 ct radiant legacy style, 2nd was an asscher 3 stone (center was 1.55 ct). my bf liked the 3 stone ring better coz he said that the halo takes the attention away from the center stone. i''m still undecided but it''s progess!!! i think we''re one step closer. woohoo!

and he gave me a price range to work with. he also has mentioned that he wants to take me to somewhere special on my bday (few months away). he also asked me if we''re going to buy the ring online or thru a friend''s jeweler coz he wants me to be involved in the entire process (he knows i can be very picky at times).

thing is, i dunno if he wants to propose 1st before we get the ring or if he wants to get the ring 1st and then propose. he asked me before what i preferred and i don''t recall giving him an answer. my bad.

just wanted to share the news!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, I''m at the same stage and it is SO amazingly fun. Don''t you think? Its a step in the right direction but enough surprise factor to make it a little bit of a mystery! Don''t you just love it?

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
thanks! i tried on rings during one lunch break last week just to see how they''ll look on my hand. the diamond district is about 2 steps from my work so i''m there whenever i feel like looking at rings (which is happening a lot lately).

i think i''m falling in love with the 3-stone ring more. they''re pretty and have the bling factor going on.
emsmile.gif

bensbride - what about you? have you tried on rings? any preferences? i love asschers so i know i''m getting that.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
What I thought I really wanted and what I ended up liking were way totally different. I thought I wanted a three-stone or a solitare emerald or asscher, but when I put them on there were things that weren''t right for my finger and my lifestyle. I ended up really loving a round half-bezel custom ring with sidestones. It looks like tons of bling, I think because the bezel gold reflects some of the sparkle, making the stone look almost twice its size! I don''t have the ring on my finger, but it was a pretty unanimous front-runner for both of us.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 9:55:50 AM
Author: luckynumber7
thanks! i tried on rings during one lunch break last week just to see how they''ll look on my hand. the diamond district is about 2 steps from my work so i''m there whenever i feel like looking at rings (which is happening a lot lately).

i think i''m falling in love with the 3-stone ring more. they''re pretty and have the bling factor going on.
emsmile.gif

bensbride - what about you? have you tried on rings? any preferences? i love asschers so i know i''m getting that.

I know someone who has a three stone ring. I believe the center is 1ct and the sides are .25ct each. It does look pretty blinggy.
2.gif

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
i was actually deadset on getting an asscher halo with pave diamonds (not sure if I used the right term) but when i tried it on, it looked ''busy'' (used for lack of a better term). my bf said that the halo takes the attention away from the stone so the more he said it, the more i noticed this. the 3 stone ring just looks more seamless to me now so i''m really leaning towards that. i''m really getting more excited just talking about it.
9.gif

i just hope that it happens sooner rather than later. i mean, our 7th year anniv is coming up soon. i''m not expecting an engagement by then but who knows?!

bensbride - do you have any pics of what your ring might look like? i don''t think i''ve seen a round half bezel ring with sidestones?

legacygirl - does your friend''s 3-stone ring have enough finger coverage? my size is between 3.5 - 4 (haven''t really been officially size but i have plastic sizer at home and i can''t tell my actual size) and the ones i tried on look big on me.

patiently_waiting - don''t worry, i''ll definitely let everyone know when we order it, get the ring, and when he proposes.

thanks!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
pretty rings! the detailing in the 1st link is exquisite. the 2nd one looks cool too. the curve makes it look so modern and one-of-a-kind.

i''m hoping you''ll show us some hand pics soon.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results