shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW #115 Intro :)

zoe_rhiana

Rough_Rock
Greetings!

I've added myself to the LIW list, and I'm quite sure I'll make it to #1 before I'm engaged
3.gif
Have been with BF just under 2 years, and we've spoken frequently about getting married (as well as looking at rings to work out taste etc.) but we've concluded that we'd like to do it when we're a little older, and be more on track with our studies & careers before we tie the knot. I think it will be at least 2 years before a proposal - but I guess it makes me a LIW because I know it's coming... just not for a while
20.gif
I like this plan, even if sometimes I just wish we could be husband and wife already! He does too.

A bit about me... I'm from Melbourne, Australia and have serious diamond love. Only own one set of diamond jewelry at this point - a pair of earrings BF got me for Christmas. Pics have been posted in SMTB here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-earrings-intro.142663/ (**can someone tell me how to make links clickable??**)

...but I'm sure there will be many, many more pieces to come in future! I've been lurking on PS for over 6 months, and I love reading all about diamonds and everyone's search for the perfect piece of jewelry! You ladies all seem to be lovely, so I'm looking forward to being more active on these boards.

I'm 21, BF is 23 - I consider myself very lucky, because not only is he wonderful... he loves jewelry!
36.gif
We live together and have done so for the past 16 months or thereabouts. It's awesome.

Anyway that's probably more than anyone wanted to know about me - thanks for having me on LIW! I look forward to a long and languid stay
3.gif

-emeraldlightning

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, emeraldlightning! I love your avatar!

As for making links clickable, it somewhat depends on your browser, but in your text window, you should have something that looks like a chain. If you click on that, it will promt you for the URL and what text you want displayed in the clickable link. I copied your URL and typed "emerald''s link" in the text box.

emerald''s link

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the club, Emerald! I have been with my bf for about four years and was dying for a ring at two years! So I know how you feel, although you seemed to be a little more composed then I was that point :) hehe. I can tell you that at four years, I couldn''t be happier! Hoping the proposal comes this year and finally feel like we are both ready for it.

Enjoy your time living together and growing as a couple. It will make the proposal that much better when it does come!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Emeraldlightening!
35.gif

If you love jewellery, then PS is definately the right place to be - Be careful though, it will defiantely warp your ideas of what constitutes a large stone.
Time flies quickly here
2.gif
. Do you already have a dream ring in mind, or even a prefered stone shape?
I''m glad you''re here
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Emerald! I''ve got a long wait too, so we can be waiting buddies!
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, emeraldlightning! Are you still living in Melbourne? I did some courses at Uni Melb, and lived in the city for a bit -- I totally miss it.

LOVE the photos of your earrings. So awesome!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! I saw your other post with your earrings.. SUPER PRETTY!
30.gif

PS (especially this board) is a lot of fun.. but super addictive! The next 2 years will go by fast.. enjoy it!
2.gif
Is your bf going to let you help pick out the ring??

zoe_rhiana

Rough_Rock
Hello all! Thank you for your lovely welcomes
1.gif

vc10um - Thank you for the advice about links. Next time I need to make something clickable I''ll be sure to try! Depending on whether I''m at work or home, I use Internet Explorer and Safari respectively. We''ll see how we go!

getting excited - I agree with your point about enjoying our time together
1.gif
The way I see it, we''re all but married anyway, and until we feel financially ready etc. for engagement and a wedding, we have a great relationship and love spending time with each other - where''s the bad? The last thing I want is to be stressed about finances, get into debt or worry about what other people think when I''m planning my wedding! I think the fact that it''s such an open topic of discussion with us makes me quite calm about the whole thing, because we''re definitely on the same page. I hope your proposal comes soon - you sound like you''ve been very patient!

HopeDream - Haha, I know what you mean about the perception of a large stone :razz: I never had a dream ring before meeting L (boyfriend) - it was actually him who started my obsession with jewellery! About 18 months ago, I visited New York and of course had to check out Tiffany''s for the fun of it, and I tried on a couple of e-rings for fun. When I got back I had the catalogue, and when I showed it to L, it got him asking what I liked. With me not having a clue, he suggested we go browsing for e-rings and other jewellery so he could suss out my taste and surprise me with lovely jewellery in the future (isn''t he good?!) - and that''s when it all started :razz: At first I was flipping between different cut preferences daily, and then I settled on my dream ring of an Emerald Cut centre stone with tapered baguettes on each side. Beautiful, classic - definitely suited my tastes!

However, I was at my favourite jeweller last week - I am getting a ring made for L for his birthday - and the jeweller asked me about my e-ring preferences. When I told him emeralds, he asked if I liked Asschers, and I said not really - but he brought out this STUNNING ~1ct loose D VVS2 asscher anyway that just took my breath away. I''ve since returned to play with that stone repeatedly, and I think I''ve changed my mind! I tried it in a temp setting and I think if I end up deciding on an asscher centre stone, I''d like it in a solitaire setting where the slim band widens to meet the sides of the stone.

My fingers are relatively big - an N1/2 here which I think is about size 6.75 US - and I do like nice coverage
3.gif
so, as discussed with L, our ideal size for an e-ring centre stone is 1.5 - 2.0 carats. This is one of the reasons I''ll be a LIW for quite some time
9.gif
However, I''d love anything over 1 carat, but if (when the time comes) L has budget restrictions, my absolute priority is that it''s a well cut stone (surprise, surprise) - to me, an average cut 3 carat actually looks smaller in a way than a superbly cut 1 carat, because it just sits there and does nothing instead of playing with the light as a good stone should! If budget means my beautifully cut stone is a 25 pointer, then that''s just the way it is! Second priority is that it''s colourless as I''m very colour sensitive - pretty much equal second is that it''s VS or above as I love the step-cuts and don''t want to see a single inclusion, and my last priority is carat weight.

Anyhoo, that''s probably far more than you wanted to know - I''m afraid I''m a rambler by nature! If you read all of that, I''m impressed.

One last thing on that topic - the idea between myself and L is that I nut out a general idea of what centre stone I want, my preferences for setting etc. now, so that when the time comes for him to purchase my e-ring I have no clue and he can surprise me with it! This way it will be something I adore, but that he''s picked out. I''m definitely into this idea, as (impatient as I am) I do want to be surprised, and L has impeccable taste in jewellery - plus he''s obviously considering my preferences very carefully. I''ve just got to stop changing my mind so it doesn''t reach two years from now and I spoil the surprise
3.gif

IndyLady - I look forward to being waiting buddies with you! What''s the time frame between yourself and your SO?

misskitty - Many thanks for adding me to the list! Melbourne is a wonderful city
1.gif
Yes I still live here - I was actually born in New Zealand but have been here for over 20 years! What did you study at Uni Melb, and how long were you here for?

Wow that was a long reply. Thank you for reading if you got to the end!

-emeraldlightning

zoe_rhiana

Rough_Rock
Oh hello PavePrincess - didn''t see your reply before! I mentioned it in my super long post, but yes BF is letting me help pick the ring - but I''m looking/deciding well in advance so he can surprise me in a couple of years - this way I won''t know when it''s coming. Of course I''m allowed to change my mind and I just let him know when that happens :) Oh my, I know what you mean about this addictive board! I really should be working ATM :razz: It''s just so fun to look at sparklies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results