shape
carat
color
clarity

Im not allowed to think about the wedding but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
FF is allowed to think about his bachelor party??

He asked me to hold off on any wedding planning until we''re actually engaged so we can do it together but I just got a gmail chat message from him:

What do you think about a paintball bachelor party?

He knows that I have VERY strong feelings about him going to a strip club. He isn''t the type but I don''t trust his friends to not surprise him with it. I suppose this idea just popped into his head while he was at work.

Just thought this was funny. I teased him and told him I thought he was jumping the gun a little.
11.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
He''s now leading the marriage-related discussions! That''s how it should be once you stop talking about it.
2.gif

Plus it''s a damn good idea for a bachelor party!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the same way about strip clubs - glad I am not the only one! FI knows and has told me he told his best man "absolutely nothing to do with strippers - it''s a very personal decision and you need to respect that 100%".

I think a paintball bachelor party is a good idea as long as the event takes place with ample healing time ;-)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 3:06:10 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
I feel the same way about strip clubs - glad I am not the only one! FI knows and has told me he told his best man ''absolutely nothing to do with strippers - it''s a very personal decision and you need to respect that 100%''.

I think a paintball bachelor party is a good idea as long as the event takes place with ample healing time ;-)

Strip clubs totally skeeve me out. I''ve been to a couple, sober (was DD for my friend''s 30th birthday party), and it wasn''t my idea of fun. It just makes me feel totally sick when I think about him getting a lap dance.

I agree that paintballing is a totally fun idea! He proceeded to tell me that he wanted to do it on the weekend of the wedding and then I mentioned the whole getting accidentally shot in the face thing and he realized my point. Plus, most of his friends are around where we live and not so close to where we will be married (my home state). At least he''s excited about it.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 4:21:52 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 11/17/2008 3:06:10 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
I feel the same way about strip clubs - glad I am not the only one! FI knows and has told me he told his best man ''absolutely nothing to do with strippers - it''s a very personal decision and you need to respect that 100%''.

Strip clubs totally skeeve me out. I''ve been to a couple, sober (was DD for my friend''s 30th birthday party), and it wasn''t my idea of fun. It just makes me feel totally sick when I think about him getting a lap dance.

I agree that paintballing is a totally fun idea! He proceeded to tell me that he wanted to do it on the weekend of the wedding and then I mentioned the whole getting accidentally shot in the face thing and he realized my point. Plus, most of his friends are around where we live and not so close to where we will be married (my home state). At least he''s excited about it.
My BF''s brother did paintball for his bachelor party (although I think they may have gone to the strip club afterwards...). I''ve played once and it''s a ton of fun! I never thought of the getting shot in the face part...good point! My googles got shot several times....thank goodness for those or I wouldn''t have any eyes!
14.gif

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I think paintball is definitely a great idea for a Bachelor party, but also its cool that he thought of that and asked you what you thought
1.gif
Only means he is thinking about you!!!!!! And is planning on popping the question soon....?!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 5:18:13 PM
Author: tabu
Hello! I think paintball is definitely a great idea for a Bachelor party, but also its cool that he thought of that and asked you what you thought
1.gif
Only means he is thinking about you!!!!!! And is planning on popping the question soon....?!
36.gif

I think so. I know he is actively working on a ring. My parents are coming down to our home for Thanksgiving and I couldn''t imagine anything more sweet than sitting down to the dinner we have just prepared as an engaged couple. He claims he has a plan so we will see if I''m right. I don''t think that he will do it totally spur of the moment.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
that is a really great idea! me and fi dont like the idea of strip clubs either so were doing like a 2 day cruise with the wedding party and having a joint bachlor/ette party. were buying all their cruise tickets and everyone is paying for their plane tickets, i cant wait :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:31:41 AM
Author: Smurfysmiles
that is a really great idea! me and fi dont like the idea of strip clubs either so were doing like a 2 day cruise with the wedding party and having a joint bachlor/ette party. were buying all their cruise tickets and everyone is paying for their plane tickets, i cant wait :)

I saw this somewhere on BWW and I think thats a wonderful gift to your wedding party! I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

FF has asked me what I would want to do for my own bachelorette party. My last friend to get married did a weekend house boat cruise in a river up on MN where she lives and it looks like it was a ton of fun (I was in her wedding party but couldn''t afford two tickets to MN on my grad student salary so I didn''t go). I suppose what I want to do will depend seriously on where my BMs are at in their own lives when I get married.

I am the MOH for my friend''s wedding next October so I will probably get the wheels turning soon on planning that party but she asked that she have a hand in planning it. I am actually really grateful for this because I''d hate to plan something that she didn''t really want to do.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG I LOVE PAINT BALL... what an awesome Idea for a BP!!!!
hey he is bringing it up gooooood sign right!
3.gif

I don''t bother my SO with my pre engagement planning I don''t want to freak him out.

one thing to remember about paintball tho he needs to get PADDED and PROTECTED cause man do those little suckers HURT (and leave giant welts... ouch I don''t love that part)

neways GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results