shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m off the list!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carolann22

Rough_Rock
Well, I wasn''t on the list for very long, but I''m so glad I found this message board. It really helped me change my attitude towards my BF''s delays, which is one of the reasons why HE PROPOSED ON SUNDAY!!!
1.gif

I''m very excited, but I feel overwhelmed. We set the date in stone now as April 7, but it seems so soon. Is anyone else out there trying to plan with less than 5 months. I got a book yesterday and was just floored by how much stuff they say I should have done already. Is 5 months going to be enough time? Any advice is welcome!

Carol Ann

Croí

Shiny_Rock

Carolann
CONGRATULATIONS !!! Proposal story please !!! and Ring details !!!!

Peter and I got engaged on January 17th and got married on April 30th - fourteen weeks and five days after he proposed ! so it IS very doable !''

PM me or e-mail and I''ll help you out as much as I can - now MORE DETAILS WOMAN !!!! Come on !

31.gif

C

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

but like Croi said, we''re going to need more details
31.gif

I helped my girlfriend plan a wedding in 7 weeks that occured over labor day weekend

Suprisingly it wasn''t that hectic - you just need to be able to make decisions and stick with them

carolann22

Rough_Rock
First - the proposal:

We went out bowling on Friday night. Normally, when we go bowling, I say that I''m bowling for the ring, and if I win, he has to give it to me. Obviously, I had never won, so Fridady, I changed the stakes and said I was bowling for the rights to pick all movies we would watch for a month. While we were bowling, I realized he had the ring with him - I could see it in his pocket. But it was too late. I had spoiled his plan. He was going to lose on purpose and propose when we got home. (He told me this later)

So Sunday, I said I wasn''t going over to his house - I knew he''d be watching the Vikings and it was too gorgeous a day to stay inside. He got upset and finally I agreed to come over if we could go for a walk. Well, during half-time, we went for a walk through the woods by his house to a spot where we''d piciniced before. I was thinking while we were walking that he was really out of shape, because his heart was beating so fast and all we were doing was walking... When, he stopped, though, I realized what was about to happen. He told me about the Friday plan and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him (At least i think he did...he was rambling so much that he finally just pushed the open box at me, and I''m not sure what he said exactly at the end.)

The ring:
Its a half carat round brilliant solitaire in platinum, D color. Its SI2 but the one carbon I''ve found is only visable from one angle on one side. I''m very happy with it; I didn''t want a big ring, its not who I am. I don''t know how to put a picture in a post or I would post it.

Last thing... Croi, what is PM? I will email you because I do want your advice but I don''t know what PM means.

Croí

Shiny_Rock

Carolann !!

So cute and we have similar names and stories (my honey had a new-years proposal in mind but my sister stayed on through new year and so we were not on our own ... so he had to put it off ! at one point he said to me "you know how people have a plan B ? well, things change so often with you around that I''m on plan E now !" ----- that was when I stopped planning ANYTHING in case I was clashing with his proposal plans !

PM is a private message ....

I don''t mind at all at all going on and on about my engagement and wedding
3.gif
but I''m sure the girls are sick and tired of me ! Oops !
20.gif

So we can chat offlist ....... where (geographically) are you ?

Very excited for you and the ring sounds GORGEOUS. Mine is a half carat round too ! Another thing in common.

So - let the planning begin !
C

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Carolann!!!!! Your proposal story sounds so cute!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
And pleeeease figure out a way to post some pictures!!! You can PM me (just push the "Msg User" button above my post) and I can send you my email address and you can email me the pictures for me to post if you want!

And can you and Croi share a little bit of your wedding planning discussion for the rest of us to hear?
1.gif

carolann22

Rough_Rock
I cant PM... It keep saying there''s an error when I submit it. I can get them, though.
Thanks so much Croi - I can''t wait to hear your story!
Since I can''t message I will just put my email, its [email protected].
I''m in Baltimore, Maryland, if anyone has some geographic-area specific ideas or advice.
Albicocca, email me your address and I will send you pictures tonight. Thanks so much guys!
I''m so excited!!!!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

albicocca ! you know how much this irishgal can talk ........ you may be sorry if Carol Ann and I start sharing on here !!! of course, it''s Carol Ann''s call and I''m sure more of the girls will have great tips and stuff for her - I was only thinking of my friends here who are still waiting ( I still remember the struggle of being happy for those who ''get there'' while you are still waiting .... I am just conscious of that for the ladies)

I am just excited to help Carol Ann in regards to planning her day - depending on what kind of wedding she wants. Ours was so casual, no speeches, no assigned seating, no top table ... it was just a get-together of people we wanted to share our happiness with - in a lovely location, with good food and music. That was it. No formalities at all, at all.

I met a girl at our pre-marriage course, she was from here but marrying an Irish guy and getting married in Ireland. We only met for that two days/few hours but we exchanged e-mails and kept in touch. We got married first and she and her fiance got married in August. Before she went I sent her an e-mail telling her to relax and giving her some pointers based on what I had just been through myself (with family, trying to please everyone etc. etc.) and I just heard back from her and she said my e-mail totally set her to rights and that she cried when she read it and that it brought her back to the REAL meaning of her wedding ..... she and her fiance committing to one another ....

I was so amazed - we never met since that day and we didn''t e-mail all the time and I''m so happy I was able to help her out. Now we are hoping to meet up and have an evening of looking at each other''s photos - she and I had the same photographer !
9.gif

so it''s all good .........

oh, and we''re going home again for Christmas !!! roll on five weeks from Friday !!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congrats
36.gif

it will be a lot of work, but I am sure you can put together the wedding in 5 months!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I''m so happy for you! Nice engagement story, I''d really like to see pictures!
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Croi - well I''m still waiting, but I would love to hear whatever advice you have for her! I am most likely going to have a loooong time to plan my wedding (longer than I want) so I won''t need quick-planning advice, but I still like to hear details of how people plan! You could maybe start a new thread in Bride World Wide if you don''t think this is a good place for it?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
Congrats!
emotion-19.gif

Please post pics when you can!
emphoto.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! The story is really sweet, lol, funny about how you messed up his plans! Post pictures when you can
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! How funny that the one time you don''t bowl for your ring is the time he''s prepared to let you win!
2.gif
Boys....
20.gif

Good luck planning your wedding!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Carolann-

Congratulations! Ya I think you can plan a wedding in 5 months. I went a friends wedding last month and she had planned it in 1 month!! And everything turned out absolutely beautiful. She just made a choice for everything and stuck with it. So everything was basically planned within a week. She actually said it took away unnecessary stress because with longer engagements I guess you can spend so much time waffling over decisions for tiny details. I''m not engaged yet but my BF and I don''t want a long engagement either!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results