shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m back.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
And...I am ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Oh, it was such a lovely trip.
On our last night there, we were wandering around Old-town Montreal. Down at the water, there are these little pedal-boats. The water surrounds a little island where people can sit and relax. Just up from the water, there is a courtyard that is surrounded by little cafes, bars and restaurants. In the courtyard, artists draw portraits, musicians play their instruments and people wander around enjoying it all.

Anyway, we took out one of the little pedal-boats at night...so all the little lights were turned on...and the sounds of music were drifting down from the courtyard. It was a beautiful, clear night.

We were peddaling around the little island...I wasn''t paying attention, because I was looking up the stars, and listening to the sounds of the music drifting down from the courtyard and the sound of the water lapping up against the side of the boat. I accidently broke the pedal on my side of the boat. I got all upset and was getting worried.
Next thing, he says "I''ve got bad news...". I thought he was talking about the boat...I thought "WHAT''S WRONG WITH THE BOAT NOW!". I asked what was going on, and he says "Well, the bad news is that you are going to have to put up with my crap for the rest of the life....but the good news is that I will always be here to take care of you"...and then he said a whole bunch of mushy stuff that I''d prefer to keep to myself (
30.gif
). Then he pulls out a ring box and takes my hand and says "Will you marry me?".

AHHHHHHH
I of course began to cry and said yes.
We sat in the little boat cuddling and talking. It was lovely!!!

Anyway, I don''t have any pics of the proposal. I forgot to get the digital card from him before he left. So, all I have are some pics I took of the area the next day and some pics I took of the ring when I got home. They are not very good pics...it is surprisingly hard to take a picture of a ring!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your support over these months.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh congratulations!!!! What a sweet proposal!
36.gif
Now, pictures!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! I knew it would happen! Congratulations! And where are the pictures?
2.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I am having issues resizing my pictures.
They are HUGE.
As soon as I get them to 100kb, they are all fuzzy.

HELP!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!! So glad he finally took you out of your misery!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, Bee! What a wonderful proposal and ring! Wear it in good health.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congrats BeeBelle, the proposal sounds VERY romantic. I really hope you enjoyed your trip to montreal! We wouldn''t mind many more pics!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! And the ring is lovely!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! I was dying to hear how you got on!! Your ring is gorgeous and your proposal sounds fabulous!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is beautiful! What a romantic proposal!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awww, what a sweet proposal! Your ring is beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you enjoyed your trip, and I hope you will tell us more! Congratulations, your story is locely and the ring is stunning!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beebelle, CONGRATS!!! Very beautiful ring you have on your hand there, lady!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! Very exciting, and what a pretty ring!
30.gif

More pics soon please!
31.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thanks for all your kind words, everyone!!!

Gosh. I can't seem to figure out the pictures. They go fuzzy when I make them smaller. PS admin were very kind and posted a few for me. Will ask my new FIANCE to do it for me, and then I will post more.

Oh, it was really the most wonderful trip. We took horse-carriage rides, went on tours, ate in such qaint little restaurants, drank beers and people-watched in this courtyard/town square in old-town, had a portrait of the two of us drawn in charcoal right after he proposed. We are going to have it frame and then our guests can sign the matte around it. The artist did such a beautiful job! It was a bit odd to sit in the middle of the square, while people stared as he drew.

The proposal was so perfect for us. We had been on the pedal-boats a few nights before, and we had the most wonderful time! We laughed and splashed water at one another, and talked and enjoyed the beautiful night. The night he proposed was so clear, the stars were so bright!!! The music was just drifting softly down to the water...and it was just so sweet. It was just a fun, sweet moment. I loved it.
I really did not want to leave Montreal. We were supposed to spend two days in Quebec city, but after being in Quebec City for 1 day we both wanted to go back to Montreal. Granted, Quebec city was BEAUTIFUL. There is just this..enchanting atmosphere in Montreal...I really do not know what it is, but after being away for one day, we both missed it! We caught a train back to Montreal at 6am and got to spend two extra days there. It was just great!

I felt bad - I can't speak a word of French and EVERYONE I came across spoke at least some English. For the most part, they spoke English very well. I am goingto get one of those "learn French" cd's - so the next time we go back, I'll be able to speak a little bit and not feel so rude for noth being able to speak at least a little French. Though, no one I came across was rude to me for not being able to speak French. They were all very accomodating and even tried to teach me some French.
1.gif
I must say, Montreal people are SO friendly! I got smiles and "Bonjour!" from so many people - just while walking down the street! Quite different.
We are hoping to go back in the winter-time.
My Fiance (love to say that!!!!) and I have decided that Montreal is the best city we have been to thus far, hands down!!! It's very busy, but everyone seems to relaxed and happy.
I have fallen in love with that city!!!!

We have already begun talking wedding!! I have been home for exactly one day, and already I have had questions about bridal party from my friends, written and exam (which I did not study for while I was away...but who could study when enjoying such a beautiful city and then being proposed to!!!!), and being pestered about locations by both my mum and his mum. Goodness, I am still trying to float in the clouds...wishing I was back on that little pedal-boat.

We are thinking of August 2008 for the wedding...and I am told we need to book ASAP if we want our date and location. Ek.
We figure we will have a date picked by the end of the week, so we will see how that goes.

I just love being able to call him my fiance.
We are just on cloud nine. All we did tonight (after my exam!! ek!) was sit on the front porch, drinking a cool beer.....trying to grasp onto the last lingering feelings of relaxation. It just was not quite the same as sitting on a little terrace...oh well. Not too long till winter-time!!!

My post is really jumpy and probably does not make too much sense, but I am just not quite myself right now!

I hope to post more pics soon.

I have gotten all nice comments, a few catty ones - but I am just ignoring their remarks! This is my time to be happy and excited!

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
congrats BeeBell!!! im so happy for you. the ring is just lovely!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Aww BeeBelle,

It makes me so happy to hear that you had a great time in our city! Downtown Montreal is very, very friendly, more so then Quebec. I loved the old port in Quebec but there''s a vibe and energy in Montreal that you don''t have in Quebec city. And you had nice weather this weekend.

And already planning your wedding! You certainly don''t waste time! Keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results