shape
carat
color
clarity

He has the ring... and we''re just waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I was lurking around here and giggling at all the funny stories that everyone posted.
I did notice a trend...
there are quite a few of us here that are in the same boat...

he''s got the ring. it''s been weeks, and maybe even months for some of us.
and we''re just waiting and waiting and WAITING.

we picked out the ring and recieved it in may. i''ve been wearing it hear and there and when i don''t, he''s like, where''s your ring?
we went to new york a couple of weeks back and i thought... for sure.. at the statue of liberty cuz we were having a romantic moment. but nothing.
i think he wants to ask me when my son is not with us i guess. when we where out there, i was like, let''s look for some lighthouses to visit. lighthouses seem
romantic. so we were on the hunt for lighthouses.. but they were too far away. so i''m thinking... since there are 2 lighthouses near where we live, maybe it will be
at a lighthouse. he has the next few days off and i keep hinting, oooh the weathers been so nice, lets go for a picnic at a lighthouse.. ohh this one is pretty! he agrees to
anything i say ... grrrrr..
but otherwise... thoroughly frustrated! but i''m not going to say a thing or ask any questions.. i''m happy and content to know that he loves me and
will make me his wife one day in the next year or so.
he''s funny. he has to have to have it completely prefect (in his mind) and if I know the slightest bit of his plans,
he''ll change the WHOLE thing and that will take another couple of months.

maybe that''s whats taking some your sweethearts so long. they just want to make sure it''s absolutely perfect. :)

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it does seem that more and more of the LIWs are in this same situation! Ugh, boys....

elaineh

Rough_Rock
thanks mamabear for sharing your story. my bf and i have been dating for 8+ years now, and like many ladies here, we recently purchased our ring from WF...i''m just waiting for him to pop the question. i found out yesterday that he talked to my parents already. (he told me himself!) and they approve (i think cuz they didn''t give him a hard time...that''s how my parents are...traditional chinese) yay!
36.gif
for some reason i''m relieved now. feels like a big burden off my shoulders. i''m at a stage of happiness....very happy. it''s weird. i guess all i was worried about were my parents not approving. now that they know, i''m enjoying the wait very much. and the anticipation is not getting to me at all. don''t know if it''s the hormones, cold feet (?) or just a new happy place i found...
5.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
hey elaineh,
congrats on the smooth ''asking of the parents'' part. lol
8+ years! wow. thats amazing. my sweety and i were dating for a year when we picked out the ring.
i know how you feel about the traditional asian parents thing. i was in same same boat a long time ago. LOL

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Hi MommaBear,

I''m in that boat too! The ring was finished June 12th (has it only been 10 days? It seems like forever!) and I''m wondering why he hasn''t proposed yet. He keeps saying he has something planned, he wants to make sure everything''s perfect, etc....and I keep telling him that the longer he makes me wait, the higher my expectations will be!
31.gif

Honestly I don''t need/want a spectacular storybook proposal. I just want him to say some things from deep down in his heart, get down on one knee, and ask me to marry him. I understand how men are under more pressure these days to provide an unforgettable proposal, but seriously!

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 9:49:03 AM
Author: JenStone
Hi MommaBear,

I''m in that boat too! The ring was finished June 12th (has it only been 10 days? It seems like forever!) and I''m wondering why he hasn''t proposed yet. He keeps saying he has something planned, he wants to make sure everything''s perfect, etc....and I keep telling him that the longer he makes me wait, the higher my expectations will be!
31.gif

Honestly I don''t need/want a spectacular storybook proposal. I just want him to say some things from deep down in his heart, get down on one knee, and ask me to marry him. I understand how men are under more pressure these days to provide an unforgettable proposal, but seriously!
That is funny you say that my bf and I were actually having that conversation the other day. And I made it a point to tell I don''t want something extravagant, and I don''t see after spending all that money on a ring to put a lot of money in a proposal... That is just me, i like it simple but romantice and private.

As for MommaBear, I can''t imagine the anticipation of knowing he has the ring but no proposal. At first I thought that would be better but after reading all the stories I think it is harder! I hope it comes soon for you!!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Hey Mommabear!

Yep..we''re all in the same boat! I''m the same boat as elaineh. Been together 8+ years...ring has been purchased and is hiding out at his dad''s house. I think he''s waiting until my mom comes back from Asia to ''ask for permission'', (at least that''s what a little birdy told me) both sets of our parents are traditional chinese too
2.gif
..but the stone and setting were purchased in March, the ring has been ready since mid April and this waiting is KILLING ME! heehe..

The good thing is we''ve all got support!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 9:49:03 AM
Author: JenStone
Hi MommaBear,

31.gif

JEN,
let me tell you!. lol you need to read my WE HIT THE SURF topic.
this is all i what, if your reading this thomas... take note of the words in parenthesis!!!!

i wish he''d take me to a local lighthouse (pt. fermin''s lighthouse)
and tell me all the stuff he''s gotta say and get down on his knee with the ring (you know where it''s at, YOU have it!)
and just ask. (the big question with 4 words )
now, how hard is that?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I'm in that camp too. The ring is at FF's place. I told him he needs my parents' blessings, and I think he asked my dad, no idea about my mom and step-dad. I also asked him to wait until I was completely over my little freak-out. Which I now am.

So now I'm waiting...

We have a wedding with some grad school friends next weekend and then we're going to visit my doctoral advisor. At first I thought it would be GREAT to be engaged by then, but now I find I'm not that fussed. Whenever he's ready!

The only thing I'm kind of wondering about is given his daily effusions of lovey-doveyness and telling me over and over that I'm his dream girl, he loves me more than anything, he wants to spend his life with me, he admires and adores me... blah blah blah (heehee) what can he POSSIBLY SAY when he proposes?!!?!

Maybe he'll just keep it simple: will. you. marry. me.

Works for me.

26.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t understand how these guys can wait! I''d think it would be equally hard for them to have that ring and not be bursting with excitement to give it to you, but I guess the element of surprise thing takes over their brains.

When DH purchased my e-ring, I didn''t know about it, I just knew he was getting ready to buy one. I didn''t even choose my setting or stone, I wanted it to be a total surprise and I just told him what shape I wanted and what size my ring finger was. So the day he bought it, he took me downtown to dinner and proposed that night, lol! He said it was burning a hole in his pocket and he was too excited to wait to propose...it was mid-December and he couldn''t stand the thought of waiting two more weeks until Christmas or something. I can''t imagine what it would''ve been like if I''d known he had the ring, I would''ve gone out of my mind with nervous anticipation!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results