shape
carat
color
clarity

He asked...my mom!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the dust ladies!!! My mom spilled her guts to me this afternoon and told me last night that A asked for her permission and blessing! She was very happy to give it to him...but couldn''t keep it to herself!
36.gif

So now, the problem is, I think I''ve shot myself in the foot with the proposal!!! He was thinking about Thanksgiving/Christmas, or at least that''s what he told my mom, but he said he couldn''t do that because I''ve always said I''ve never wanted a proposal *on* a holiday. I just think it''s too predictable for me, and neither of us is too connected intensely to the same holiday. *On* a holiday just feels too forced to me. But I have no problem with days AROUND the holidays. ESPECIALLY since the day after Christmas is our 18-month dating anniversary.

So, any suggestions on how to sneakily let him know that I have no problem with days *around* holidays for a proposal, without making him suspicious that I know he asked my mom?!?!
17.gif

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell him about others on the list who are getting (hopefully) proposals on their anniversaries. How very sweet it is. Even if it is near a holiday, what could be more romantic?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 9:14:19 PM
Author: TooPatient
Tell him about others on the list who are getting (hopefully) proposals on their anniversaries. How very sweet it is. Even if it is near a holiday, what could be more romantic?
I think that''s a good idea!

And congrats on (him) taking the next step towards a proposal .. ***DUST***

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! That is an awesome sign. I''m so glad the dust worked out, and I can''t wait to hear your story (because it sounds like it is coming so SOON!).
9.gif

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is so incredibly sweet. I love a nice old-fashioned man like that, it just shows how much he respects you and truly wants to be part of your family!

southhorizon

Rough_Rock
He has asked your mum (yeah!) and he knows how you feel about holidays. My opinion is that you have to trust him to do it when he is ready. I know it is not easy, but relax and be patient!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I felt the same way about holidays but honestly I think you two will be so overjoyed about getting engaged that you won''t even think about it being on a holiday.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, how exciting! I''ll bet he knows that you saying you don''t want a proposal *on* a holiday still means days *near* holidays are fine. :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies!

I''ve realized that, really, at this point there''s nothing I can do except sit back and enjoy the ride. I get to plan the whole wedding...I can let him have his time in the sun with the ring and the proposal--whenever *he* thinks the time is right!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 10:34:23 AM
Author: vc10um
Thanks, ladies!

I''ve realized that, really, at this point there''s nothing I can do except sit back and enjoy the ride. I get to plan the whole wedding...I can let him have his time in the sun with the ring and the proposal--whenever *he* thinks the time is right!
This is very true! This is a time that will never happen in your life again, so milk it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results