shape
carat
color
clarity

frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

berkley

Rough_Rock
Happy Sunday to you all!
17.gif

It was so fun to have found PC yesterday and I spent a good amt of time reading eveyone''s sentiments, stories, and advice last night. I was on top of the world! We just got back from a fun day at the jewelers, talked about what the wedding would be like (I had to put the axe on the circus tent with the elephant rides,) it was just a fun afternoon. As mentioned in a different post, we had/have not discussed the size/specs/cost of any ring yet. I found the cut I adore, and the rest, I think, is totally up to him. Well, I guess I will help a little in advising some sort of setting! Jewelry is beautiful, and very fun to wear, but I am not that girl who has to have the biggest, or the best of anything. In ways that is a waste of money! ;-) Earrings, bracelets, rings, keychains, aluminum foil - I love any and all things sparkly!! :)

Well, this morning we were invited out to breakfast with his parents and sister and brother-in-law. Gotta love the early risers! We were sitting at the table having fun conversation about what was planned for Easter when all the sudden his Brother In Law blurted out "So, how did the hunting go? *WINK NUDGE WINIK* Did she like the stone you got??" WHA?? I didnt know he had a stone picked out?? WHA?? He turned to me and said "Umm, it went well, she found a few things she likes..." and his sister chimed in with "Well, it she doesn''t like what you have picked out, she''s ridiculous." Very flat, very blunt, and not iin any lighthearted joking matter. The convo pretty much died right there. I was confused, and very much offended by what his SIL said. She''s not the most personable person on earth.

I don''t know what was meant by that, do they know more than I do? Pretty sure I was there at the jeweler''s with him, and pretty sure there isn''t a ring on my important finger. Maybe just a slip of the tounge?? I was confused with all the gesturing, nudging and winking. A part of me should just say relax, no big deal, they were just asking how it all went. And a part of me is all "WHAT''S THE FREAKING DEAL? HE BOUGHT A STONE??? HOW MUCH DID IT COST??? WHAT IS GOING ON??!?!?!?!?" I am so concerned, my guy usually won''t make hasty, rash decisions. He''s the carefully research, plan, rethink 50 times, research again, think some more, then buy kind of person.

I''ve been the 500-question girl all morning, and he keeps tellng me to relax, it''s sunday, make it a happy day!! i can''t help but laugh, and cringe at the same time!! We are taking his 2 nephews to the Imax theater today, should be a fun time... but I can''t help these crazy ring thoughts flashing around my head!

What would you do? Am I freaking out about nothing??

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
wow, rude and inappropriate inlaws...that''s what I''d be worrying about more than the stone.

But yes, frustrating to the max!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree about his sister and BIL being rude...
38.gif

And I''d certainly be confused too!! Maybe you can sit down with him and ask him if he did buy a stone? Maybe that could answer a few questions...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
That''s so rude!!
38.gif

That also seems very frustrating. You say that he''s the type to really research things, and perhaps he''s been researching it heavily behind your back and talking to them about it. At the same time, perhaps they were just reading things into the fact that you were going ring shopping. My guess is that he might have it, or he probably would have said that his BIL and sister didn''t know what they were talking about. Instead, he seems to be evading your questions by telling you to enjoy the weekend... Very suspicious.

E B

Ideal_Rock
OMG girl, IGNORE the BIL and SIL....he might have THE stone!
9.gif

ETA: I just wanted to clarify that I in no way meant to downplay the BIL and SIL's rudeness...they were rude, but we've all got to deal with "rudies". All I meant to say was, don't let that shadow your excitement!
12.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Bleh, sorry about the future in-laws.
It seems like men go a little bonkers when it comes to the proposal and the ring. A guy who is totally honest in every other aspect of his life will start lying through his teeth about the ring in an effort to make it a surprise. And they become positively sadistic in an effort to be original.
20.gif

Take a deep breath and ignore him.
5.gif

berkley

Rough_Rock
ARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

So here''s the update....

Sunday''s afternoon with the rugrats went very well. I love those 2 boys - so much fun! They got a lilttle scared at the Imax - we saw Deep Sea 3D, the youngest kept telling the shark in a big voice "I don''t think it''s lunch time for you." Very cute. It got my mind off of the situation at hand.

After we dropped the kids off at his sis''s place, I couldn''t help feeling a little crazy about the whole thing. And I admit, I am a button-pusher.... (booooo....) I told him that I really really wanted to be able to help out in this process. I would love to be able to find and design the ring of my dreams together, so that I know HE knows what I like and so that he can get the best bang for his buck. Maybe I am being anal about that? He said not to worry, he will take care of it and it will be alright. Which to me sounded like "hey, it''s under control - I''ve found the perfect k - I3 heart-shaped e-ring down at the local mall-chain jeweler that I can put on layaway. And it''s on clearance for $99.99 It''s all good!" I know thats totally wrong, and I am probably overreacting, but I just can''t help it, after researching on PS and looking at all the sites here, I can only hope he won''t get bent over backwards! I will just take it as it comes! :)

patience is a virtue.....

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Berkley --

I''m totally LOL at the mall store heart shaped $99 special!!! Hopefully he knows better than that!

My bf asked me last year, during the Christmas jewelry marketing blitz, if I would dump him if he bought my e-ring at Kay. I said "Probably!" (totally kidding of course) so at least he knows that much, even if he doesn''t know that I want something custom!

berkley

Rough_Rock
lol!!!!!!! Gotta love the malls, guys can go in, get a pair of shoes, maybe hit the food court, swing in to the hallmark store, grab a card, stop by an unnamed chain jewler, get a ridiculously overpriced included poorly cut stone, hit the food court again for a julius and a pretzel, and BAM, he''s got himself new shoes AND an engagemet ring for you all at the same place! :)

Sumbride, what if he''s thinking "ok, kay jewelers out, but she never said anything about that guy who sells diamonds from the back of his van..........."

lol!
19.gif

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
Sheesh what a way to ruin a surprise!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:07:06 AM
Author: berkley
lol!!!!!!! Gotta love the malls, guys can go in, get a pair of shoes, maybe hit the food court, swing in to the hallmark store, grab a card, stop by an unnamed chain jewler, get a ridiculously overpriced included poorly cut stone, hit the food court again for a julius and a pretzel, and BAM, he''s got himself new shoes AND an engagemet ring for you all at the same place! :)

Sumbride, what if he''s thinking ''ok, kay jewelers out, but she never said anything about that guy who sells diamonds from the back of his van...........''

lol!
19.gif

Man, now I''m hungry. I want a pretzel and a julius!! You know what''s funny? I remember going into the Whitehall Jewelers and saying to myself a year ago, "I would die for one of these". Now I would die IF I got one of those!! So funny!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 10:48:44 AM
ARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

So here''s the update....

After we dropped the kids off at his sis''s place, I couldn''t help feeling a little crazy about the whole thing. And I admit, I am a button-pusher.... (booooo....) I told him that I really really wanted to be able to help out in this process. I would love to be able to find and design the ring of my dreams together, so that I know HE knows what I like and so that he can get the best bang for his buck. Maybe I am being anal about that? He said not to worry, he will take care of it and it will be alright. Which to me sounded like ''hey, it''s under control - I''ve found the perfect k - I3 heart-shaped e-ring down at the local mall-chain jeweler that I can put on layaway. And it''s on clearance for $99.99 It''s all good!'' I know thats totally wrong, and I am probably overreacting, but I just can''t help it, after researching on PS and looking at all the sites here, I can only hope he won''t get bent over backwards! I will just take it as it comes! :)

patience is a virtue.....

I''m sorry he doesn''t understand how important it is for you to be involved in the process... Maybe if you tell him it''s not a question of trust, but because you want a ring that you will love for the rest of your life and you want him to get the best he can for his money... That might help. He''s going to pick out his wedding ring... Talk about unfair!
28.gif

berkley

Rough_Rock
31.gif
He will pick out his wedding ring? HA!

I don''t know if this is just a really weird, sneaky crazy plan he has, or if he really has no idea that he is acting terribly??

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 12:24:00 PM
31.gif
He will pick out his wedding ring? HA!

I don''t know if this is just a really weird, sneaky crazy plan he has, or if he really has no idea that he is acting terribly??
Hehe, that made me laugh!! It''s actually a bit like that that I convinced my boyfriend to take me shopping, after the "I''m going to wear it for the rest of my life" speech hadn''t quite convinced him... He was saying that he was planning on buying both my rings and his at the same time (with his 2k budget...
6.gif
He was a bit clueless about prices and etiquette back then!
2.gif
). I protested, saying that I will be buying his wedding ring, so he immediately said that I had to go with him then. Heh, who said I was a control freak?
20.gif
It turns out we won''t be buying the wedding rings for a while, which pretty much tripled his budget for my engagement ring (YAY!).

Good luck!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m buying the wedding rings, too. Well, not buying, but picking out..
27.gif
He wants tungsten or titanium, and I know what he likes.. and what he doesn''t (no little diamonds for my baby
7.gif
).

Berkley, I think that if that is a plan, he owes you big time...
9.gif

Also, I just thought, Berkley is a good kid''s name! (Sorry for the hijack, but we were talking kids names last night).

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
a van????

ok, now I need to provide further clarification! "Honey, if you buy my e-ring from a guy on the corner, I''ll dump you!" How does that sound?

Oddly enough, every day there is a guy in a blue van parked in front of my office building... he walks up to you and says "Hey... $50... what you think?"

This thread is totally LOL. I definitely think I''ll use that "I''ll pick out your wedding ring if you pick out my e-ring..." That should put it in perspective!!!

berkley

Rough_Rock
Anchor, love that ring in your avatar, do you have it yet?? Beautiful!

Amberwaves, My guy said he wanted tungsten or titanium also!!! Something about it being very durable! And I ALSO am a little bummed he wants to forego the bling!!! What is WITH their taste anyway?? lol! Berkley is one of our dog''s names. We have Berkley, Bently, Max and Magnum. The last 3 were nods to his freakish addiction to anything with an engine!

sumbride, LOL!!! I just picture someone saying that out loud!! Maybe a little of the head nodding and finger snapping too?? hilarious!
1.gif
"Oddly enough, every day there is a guy in a blue van parked in front of my office building... he walks up to you and says "Hey... $50... what you think?"
Seriously?? some nutcase does that???? Is the 50 bucks for the van? for the guy? for a ride in the van?????

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
See, for me, it really depends where this van is going.. 50 bucks may be a bargain!!
27.gif
27.gif
Kidding... Great dog names, ours is Woofie (yeah, we''re creative). How funny would that be, to name my kid after your dog??

berkley

Rough_Rock
Even better, what if we named our kid after your dog?!!?!?!?

ETA: Your pup is adorable!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
It''s so funny because we have a name for our future daughter (if we have one) and we don''t tell anyone, it''s so sneaky!! My BF tries to think of nicknames (both good and bad) for the names we come up with, we both have first names that don''t have nicknames possible (Amber and Paul), and are trying to make it easier for our kids!!

Thanks, the puppy in that picture is Woofie, he''s a large mini-dachshund. Oxy moron, much?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 10:48:44 AM
... Which to me sounded like ''hey, it''s under control - I''ve found the perfect k - I3 heart-shaped e-ring down at the local mall-chain jeweler that I can put on layaway. And it''s on clearance for $99.99 It''s all good!''

I love it!

You know how my boy''s been teasing me? I feel like that''s something he''d actually say...

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Hilarious -

"it was a pear shaped diamond... on a gold band"
-carrie bradshaw

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results