shape
carat
color
clarity

do any of your BFs read PS?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
question for all of you LIWs...do any of your BFs read PS? see your posts? read your opinions on other peoples proposals/rings?

mine def read PS and he was asking "what is this list?!?!" "OK so now I know you want the ring in a box and not just the ring" "what is FF? why am I your FF?"...etc...he knows I am on PS all the time...was just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences?

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
LOL yup yup, my BF reads PS but mainly because I'll prompt him to look at certain threads that I've posted, or when I want his opinion on something I've read. He knows I'm on here tons, but I don't know if he reads other things (meaning, things I don't ask him to read).

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
When SO asks what I'm doing and I'm on PS.....I say "I'm on my fav site. You know, the sparkle site" and then he says "ohhhhh. I should have known" ... but he has never ready anything on here..although I will say, Ive threatened to send him some peoples opinions on here regarding the fact that he has made me wait 8 months for my ring :Up_to_something:

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Lol autumn you have my permission to show him this: 8 months is TOO fricking long to wait!!!!!

Yeah my FI reads ps, so I can't post my ring coz then he'll see all the stuff I've written about him :cheeky:

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Nope! He has no idea that this site exists or that I am on it. I'm usually on here while I'm at work b/c I have a lot of downtime and give my school work the priority when I get home. I think if he googled "engagement rings" he would stumble upon here and then be shocked at how much there is to learn about this kind of stuff...but I know he's not there yet so that won't happen anytime soon. He usually goes on the same couple of sites for a few minutes and then gets tired of the internet. I would probably direct him here if he asked for help (which I am not sure he would ask) and then help him navigate but until then, it's my site, haha. ;))

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
He sure does. He thinks it's cute and is please because this helped us realize what he paid in a B&M was INSANE for a diamond so it was promptly returned and we are searching for a diamond online, even though we have some stuff to work through, it seems stupid to have a diamondless setting. : P

Oh and I make him read posts from time to time, last night being my best and most recent example, please forgive me I haven't slept yet at it's 8:31am I'm pushing 26 hours awake but.. someone ( I can't remember whom right now... I'll edit later) posting something about their "friend" (loose term) making snide comments about her SO paying for stuff and being more financially stable. Well honestly I'm in a similar situation. One of my sorority sisters is a real bioootch. She is just jealous honestly, I realize that now. Anywhoo, I wanted him to read how I felt. She did a much better job explaining it than I do.

Girls can be so mean sometimes : ( Not you ladies though : D

Oppps ETA: He's also all kinds of excited to take pictures for me to post on here. Like I mean he's planned "how to take the pictures" better than how he'll eventually propose. I have never seen him this excited to take pictures of jewelry and that's what he does allllll day. He even said the other day: "Noooo! You can't leave the shiney forum thingy?! Who can you shamelessly brag to then after I propose?!!?" He was seriously distraught I think. it was precious.

Last Edit, I promise, because I have to go to physics, yuck It was Dawnabee's post!! Sorry again!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
No, BF doesnt ready my posts but he knows I am on here. Alls he knows is that it keeps me entertained and off his back about rings since I can look and talk on here lol. Sometimes he thinks its a bad influence since I tell him about all the major rocks I see here and changed my mind a million times about the setting hehe. But basically we are finished with shopping so I just come to look and talk and wait.... and wait....

I hope its not 8 months away!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Autumn Idk how you do it but hopefulyy this FRi =)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I don't think so..

He posts occasionally on a forum or two, but I don't read his either.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I know he has a username but I don't know what it is. Initially I had wanted him to learn some more about diamonds so that he would know what to look for in an ering but we ended up getting in a few tiffs over things I had said on PS. I hadn't told him my username but he figured it out. I hadn't said anything negative against him or anything, but I had made a comment about feeling left out around his family sometimes (even though they are wonderful 99% of the time) and he got mad that I hadn't really told him about that even though it's honestly not that big of a deal. So after an incident or two like that, I asked him not to go in the LIW forum, but he just stopped visiting pricescope all together. He still knows I'm on here a lot and I will read him posts occasionally, but he rarely goes on his own free will anymore.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, he does. I showed him the site and forums when I signed up, so he browses occasionally too. :)

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Lordy, I hope not! haha He already thinks I am crasy with all the engagement talk. This may push him over the edge :errrr:

But I actually like that he is not on it. It gives me a place to vent when I am getting frustrated by this whole process without having to complain to him all the time.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA! Oh GOD NO! This is the last place he would come to on the web!

He knows "of" this site but doesn't know the name of thh site, or anything, It's just not his thing.

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
He better not be!!! Not that I post a lot anyways, but I don't want him to think I'm more crazy than he already thinks (He told me I was about a 3, pushing 4 on a scale of 1-10 of craziness). I did show him a ring on here I liked, but I don't think he got the site. Plus, we don't live together, so he can't access my computer. :naughty:

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
CourtLynB said:
He better not be!!! Not that I post a lot anyways, but I don't want him to think I'm more crazy than he already thinks (He told me I was about a 3, pushing 4 on a scale of 1-10 of craziness). I did show him a ring on here I liked, but I don't think he got the site. Plus, we don't live together, so he can't access my computer. :naughty:

Hey...you are not even to the half way mark! No shame in that :)

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
My bf actually introduced me to pricescope when he was researching rings. When he first said the best way to buy a diamond is online, I was like "OMG you've bought into a scam". But then he showed me pricescope and converted me! :halo: Anyhow, he's purchased the ring already (and it is being made...scheduled to ship on July 20!) so he doesn't come on here much anymore, but now I do haha!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
rhubarbpie I can't wait to see your ring!!!!! have you see zhuzhu's ring?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
NO! He knows I'm on here all the time. He just teases me like "talking to your friends again." He knows I'm always here to talk to fellow LIWs so that I won't bug him about getting married and stuff.

Sometimes, I'll tell him about some interesting posts or show him some really nice bling from you ladies. He doesn't really care though. :bigsmile:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
slg47 said:
rhubarbpie I can't wait to see your ring!!!!! have you see zhuzhu's ring?

OMG I can't wait to see my ring too haha :razz: But thank you!! I don't want to see it before its on my finger, but its going to take so much will power not to open that box!! Especially since the ring will be getting her on the 21st and my bf won't be getting home until the 23rd. Its going to take so much self control!! My BF has already made an appointment with the appraiser for when he gets home.

And yes I have seen Zhuzhu's ring in the rectangular bling thread! So beautiful! I'm so glad other people share my love for 3-stone EC engagement rings - they are so classic and lovely! I can't wait to show you guys my ring when I get it!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh man! your ring is arriving to your apt?!?!?!?!

I'm so glad BGD is sending to FedEx HOLD FOR PICKUP...otherwise I would just be driving myself crazy!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He knows about this site and had heard about it from some other vendors he knows, and he knows my screen name but I don't think he actually reads anything on here. He knew from whom he would source the stone from a month or two after we started dating, knew who would do the setting early this year, and hired a local appraiser a couple of months ago to my understanding, so he didn't have a reason, really, to come here.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I don’t believe so. I mean he might, but I highly doubt it. I don’t think he is interested in what I am up to on the internet honestly 

He knows I am on sparkle forums, but I have been doing that for years! I like sparkle crack.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not a LIW but I will answer anyways :tongue:

I have forbidden my DH from reading PS. Not because I say anything that is so special or needs to be kept private, but because I feel like if he read my posts it would be the same as if he eavesdropped on my phone conversations! Just a real invasion of my privacy.

I do read him funny things, or show him pictures sometimes, but otherwise he is not allowed to come here.

I suppose he could lurk if he was really lame... so honey, if you are reading this, butt out! :devil:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
He reads over my shoulder! He pretends he isn't all that interested in sparklies, but every now and then I hear him go "ooooooooooooooh!"!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
my boyfriend knows im on here daily. Especially when we both have our laptops on our laps and are doing "internet things."

He always asks what i am doing, and when i respong "my girls" he understands what site im on and all. He has looked at a few of my posts, and laughs like a girl at me, but he knows it keeps me sane on the waiting game when i know my ring is coming!! '

So yes, im sure he reads it from time to time, but hes not a nut like me on it everyday and even several times a day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results