shape
carat
color
clarity

Couldn't be happier...

kdub79

Rough_Rock
I promise to come back and give details as soon as I can. Work is demanding today :tongue: .....

But he proposed last night. It was perfect and he completely caught me off guard.....it was like time stopped around me.

Thank you so much for all your support ladies....

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the story and see handshots. :D

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Can't wait for the story and pictures!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations! wow your stay as a LIW was short and very very sweet! please post pics up soon for us to drool over!! :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
yay congratulations!!! glad we saw an engagement around Valentine's day. Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! How was the first day at work with the problem coworker? :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!!! congratulations! Oh... I am sooooo eager to hear how your engaged coworker enjoyed your news!!! :naughty: Come back with details :appl:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Super exciting! Can't wait to hear what your coworker had to say about it ;-). Hopefully she'll be more tolerable now... Congrats!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: kDub!!!! Where are you??? We want to know the details of your engagement!!! :bigsmile:

kdub79

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies!!! :appl:

It's been crazy the past few days...visiting family etc. But here's the scoop.... :twirl:

So last Wednesday was date night (which we try to do once a week) and because it was after Valentines Day....we decided to have a fancy schmancy one. Our anniversary is tomorrow so we had gotten gifts to exchange. I wouldn't go so far as to label us "foodies", but we definitely love to eat and experience different foods and atmospheres so we decided to try a new restaurant in the area (major kudos to the open table app btw). It was my idea to take our gifts with us to the restaurant and exchange them after dinner was done.

I didn't notice ANYTHING out of the ordinary and I hadn't dared hope that it would happen because he had very clearly told me it would NOT be in Feb. because I'd be expecting it due to V-Day, anniversary etc. So it was just another date night and I was thrilled about it. We have cocktails while we wait for our table and I am anxious for him to open the gift I got (a watch he had been eyeing for months), but we held off. We were seated...the ambiance was so romantic (insert me still clueless here)...we are eating and he is ordering the best of everything...food...expensive wine...now this is not out of the ordinary for him when he is spoiling me...but the financial worrywart in me was kinda signalling him as if to say...hey buddy....you don't have to go for broke...you had me at hello lol.... :bigsmile: Sorry if this is long btw...so midway through the meal I can't stand it anymore and I give him his gift...and the cards...and the love letter I wrote him (I'm mushy yes) lol...he opens them and we continue eating. I wasn't pressed about my gift because I only wanted to see the joy on his face....

The meal was almost done and we were stuffed and I'm commenting to him how I'd never forget this night...how great it was...blah blah...he agrees and asks for a bottle of champagne....and I'm telling him he doesn't have to do that...everything was special enough already. (Enter the worrywart again)...he assures me that I deserve it...and says he's ready to give me MY gift now...I had almost forgotten. So he says he has to get it and open it before he gives it to me....(still clueless I am) so I'm laughing saying what...is it child-proof? Am I 3? (I couldn't have been anymore clueless)...so he stands up and walks over to me...I'm thinking to give me my gift and I'm smiling because I'm gonna get a present...and dah dah dahhhhhhh....he kneels. It was like time stopped for me at that moment...and it took a second to sink in that it was really happening. And I cried...I mean sobbed ;( ....the restaurant quieted down as people realized he was proposing. I nodded vigorously and he put the ring on me....and a woman sitting nearby said..you gotta say yes (which I thought was hilarious as I didn't realize I never actually "said" a word)...I choked out an audible yes and hugged him.

I had to go to the ladies room and get myself together after that....that is the most shocked and surprised I have ever been. And I pride myself on being "unsurprisable"...I came out to applause and congratulations and him beaming at the table. We talked after that....and he went on to say some of the most beautiful sincere things about our relationship and our future together. He told me how he had been nervous the entire night (he hid it extremely well)...he outlined for me how all the staff knew...that he had been there earlier in the day...he pointed out all the times I had nearly felt the ringbox in his pocket and he had to make adjustments....and we laughed as he told me all the things I should have noticed (being the vigilant Marine I am). I'm glad I missed it all....because I wouldn't change a single thing about the way that night happened. It was perfect and I couldn't have dreamed it up.

The other memorable thing about all this....is that afterward....I got to see that the man I love was as excited that I said yes....as I was that he had asked. As if there would have been any other answer :Up_to_something: I have been on cloud 9000 ever since and he's been right up there with me....

Oh...and that coworker....hmmm....she was surprised when she heard. I did not tell her, of course. But I did tell my boss and my other friend...who immediately made the biggest deal ever (which was great) as I am the last in the office to get engaged/ married etc. It was actually a bit of a joke to said boss...though it didn't sting too bad when he said it because he said he was sure it would come soon. So after she closed her jaw, she asked to see the ring and then said wow...congratulations. I grinned said thank you and went on about my day. I haven't said anything other than that....and oddly enough....all the previous talk of her engagement/ wedding planning stopped for the rest of that day. My boss gave me the next day (Fri) off and I spent it with my honey. She's been quiet thus far today as well. Yay!

Sorry again for the novella lol... :lol:

Trying to put a picture up...it is admittedly crappy from my phone...but I love my ring and I can't stop staring at it.

Engagement Ring.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! YIPPEE!!! I'm so thrilled for you - what an AWESOME Story!!! LOVE your ring---- :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Congratulations- much happiness sent your way!
Fantastic that he is so romantic - how special! :halo:

(and I love that your coworker has just SHUT UP! bwah ha ha :twisted: )

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yayy!! What a beautiful story! I am SO happy for you and the ring is beautiful!

And yes, like the others have stated I am SO glad your co-worker shut it :naughty:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
That... is such a SWEET proposal story!! He is clearly a very thoughtful and romantic guy, and your ring is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!!!

leeona

Rough_Rock
Unfortunatly, Im a little late, but CONGRATS to you and your future hubby :appl:
would you mind sharing some detailed stats about the ring? suits you very well

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Maybe your coworker will behave herself now. I'm glad your wait is over. Your proposal sounds wonderful.

liz

marktaylor9017

Rough_Rock
congratulations! so romantic. your FH prepared very well. and from these details, i see your FH loves you so much. and you love him very much as well. it seems that both of you are the soulmate to each other. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results