shape
carat
color
clarity

Add me to the list

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KissyKissy

Rough_Rock
Finally, a place to vent!!! My friends and family are all "Just be patient...it''ll happen" but my patience is running out! We''ve been dating for FIVE YEARS and have talked about marriage many-a-time. He won''t say anything about "when," just that it will definitely happen. Someday. Lately I''ve become OBSESSED with the idea of getting engaged. I am REALLY REALLY hoping he has something up his sleeve for the holidays or I''m going to be bummed. I try so hard not to get hopes up, but when everyone around you is engaged or married it''s hard not to think about it. A lot. The hard part is even done, I found my DREAM ring. I wish I could add "patience" to my Christmas list!
33.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the Ladies In Waiting, sounds like you will fit in perfectly!
35.gif

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!! You couldn''t of picked a more perfect place to be! Sometimes I think I''m the only one not engaged! This place is the best place to get support, get ideas, advice, etc. It certainly has helped me be more patient in some ways.
2.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Do you have any photos of your dream ring that you could share with us?

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Kissy! I''m in the same boat
1.gif

The BF and I talk about marriage all the time too -- we''ve mentioned going ring shopping a couple of times although we haven''t ever actually gone yet!

And after all my internet researching I am becoming obsessed myself! I''m hoping to have time to sit down with him by this weekend to have a big chat and maybe get a timeline out of him. Who knows maybe we are closer than I think - but I might be waiting until early part of next year!
20.gif

Hopefully we both will be LIW for a short time!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 11:50:54 AM
Author: Cailet
Kissy! I''m in the same boat
1.gif

The BF and I talk about marriage all the time too -- we''ve mentioned going ring shopping a couple of times although we haven''t ever actually gone yet!

And after all my internet researching I am becoming obsessed myself! I''m hoping to have time to sit down with him by this weekend to have a big chat and maybe get a timeline out of him. Who knows maybe we are closer than I think - but I might be waiting until early part of next year!
20.gif

Hopefully we both will be LIW for a short time!
You girls need to take your future in your own hands.

My BF at the time told me one night over some wine that he was more ready to get engaged than I thought and I should just take him to look at rings.

Well did I wait around for him to say lets go shopping or did we just talk about it and never go?

NO.

A weekend later we were in SLO on vacation and I saw a jewelry store, and said OH LETS GO IN HERE. Did he want to? Of course not! But he had said it so he did and that was our first time together looking at diamonds and rings. From there it just took off. I went into the next one down the street by myself as he had had enough for one day but he did ask me what I liked when I came out. From there it snowballed.

So when you guys ''talk about it'' but don''t do it, put some elbow grease in there. Many times guys need that shove in the pants to get going. Thinking about it or talking about it is not the same as doing it!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I second Mara''s comments! My boyfriend had agreed we should go ring shopping but every time I suggested it as an actual outing he said we could go some other time.... But then once I actually got him IN A STORE and we had the sales guy pull rings for me to try on, and talk about different settings etc, he got a card from the guy and started meeting with him to buy the ring starting that week! So even though he had said he would theoretically do it for a while, once he actually got into a store, the ball started rolling - even though it never really occurred to me that he might actually be making a purchase so soon. (Well, it took him a while to make a purchase, meeting with that guy and several other jewelers over a couple of months, but still, he started ACTIVELY SHOPPING practically the minute we first set foot in a store!)

Now if he''d only get around to propooosing, we''d be all set!
1.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
Us LIW know how it feels to wait, that''s why we''re ladies in WAITING. Anyways, we''re all in it together, so keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results