shape
carat
color
clarity

A fund! A fund! There''s a fund!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
So lately BF and I have been talking about money a lot. He''s just started earning proper money and he''s setting up his savings funds and his pension yadda yadda yadda. And at the weekend he announced that he has a designated engagement ring fund!!! And I had no idea about this!

I mean, I knew he had a savings account but I figured it was just a general save-like-a-demon-for-everything savings account. But no, there''s a separate engagement ring account!!! And he says he has a target amount at which point he''s going to start looking!

The funniest part of all was him laughing and staring at me in amazement like ''How could you think I didn''t have a special fund for that? What do you take me for?'' Um, I thought you''d come to the point where you decided to buy the ring and then you''d go looking, and oopsie, get a fright at how much they cost???
20.gif
BAD girlfriend!!!
26.gif
GREAT boyfriend!!!
30.gif

I''m sorry about all the exclamation marks, I know I''m typing like a giddy teenager! Can someone pleeease put a happy dancing smiley in here doing a yippee dance?! This little thing has made me sooo excited!
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Congrats
9.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
that IS exciting!!
36.gif

one mile marker down!.......about a dozen more to go. hopefully they will come and go quickly!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
That is soooo exciting! I can''t blame you for being a giddy teenager, I would too! YAY

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
LOL, what good news! (love the banana)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 2:57:46 PM
Author:Delster
So lately BF and I have been talking about money a lot. He''s just started earning proper money and he''s setting up his savings funds and his pension yadda yadda yadda. And at the weekend he announced that he has a designated engagement ring fund!!! And I had no idea about this!

I mean, I knew he had a savings account but I figured it was just a general save-like-a-demon-for-everything savings account. But no, there''s a separate engagement ring account!!! And he says he has a target amount at which point he''s going to start looking!
That is FANTASTIC news, babe!!!! I''m so happy for you!!! I''d be absolutely over the moon with happiness to know my guy had started one of those, for the reasons to follow...

Author:Delster
The funniest part of all was him laughing and staring at me in amazement like ''How could you think I didn''t have a special fund for that? What do you take me for?'' Um, I thought you''d come to the point where you decided to buy the ring and then you''d go looking, and oopsie, get a fright at how much they cost???
20.gif
BAD girlfriend!!!
26.gif
GREAT boyfriend!!!
30.gif
Funny you mention that, since that''s exactly what *did* happen with my boyfriend. He was talking as though any ol'' weekend we could go pick up an engagement ring, until I broke it to him that they cost thousands, not a hundred or two, and that people have to save up for them. At which point he got all closed off and said that it was "basically impossible," before he''d even tried to save a penny. I didn''t find that very encouraging.
11.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Yay! ...and pat on the back for your boyfriend too!
That''s excellent news!!!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, I just had to share my excitement, I''ve been grinning to myself all week!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results