shape
carat
color
clarity

What are Secrets Shhh...Diamonds???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Hi hi,

I am wondering if Secrets Shhh... are the same as The Gemisis or other MMD? It states on their website that they are diamond simulants and that they are lab-grown, and are pretty much indistinguishable from natural. Also say that they have a hardness of 8.5 whereas I know that a natural diamond is 10 on the hardness scale. Are they made/grown the same way?

(I hope I'm not insulting anyone by compairing them)

This is their wesite - http://www.secrets-shhh.com/secretsnew.html

Hmm.....

Thanks

Lozza

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you bought this topic up, I wasn''t sure if we were allowed to discuss them, so I have avoided mentioning them. But I have 1tcw studs and they are pretty well cut and sparkly for $120 AU. They are not the same calibre as my ACA of course, but for the money I spent, I am extremely happy with them. I have used my H&A viewer on them and they have very nice arrows and the symmetry is spot on (to my untrained eye).

I also feel alot better about wearing them knowing that for $60AU I can replace a single stud if I happen to lose one. This was the first thing that popped into my mind 4 days after getting them, when I dropped one through the basket of my ultrasonic cleaner insert and it dropped into the sink, mere cm''s away from the open drain
32.gif

Clark McEwen

Rough_Rock
Hi Savvymon,

These are NOT lab-grown diamonds such as the Gemesis diamonds, these are simulants and have none of the characteristics of diamond other than being colorless or near colorless. The refractive index, specific gravity, hardness and chemical composition are all very different than diamond. On the other hand Gemesis diamonds are chemically, optically and physically identical to mined diamonds.

Also, be aware that the Mohs scale of hardness is exponential, an 8.5 is much much closer to a 1 than it is to a 10.

I do believe that discussions around simulants are not allowed on this site.

Cheers,
Clark

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Hi Clark,

Thanks for letting me know I was under the impression that they were MMD not simulants.

15.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Open their site and look at the window title... they are not trying to deceive anyone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have tested the staff at shhh...secrets and they will honestly tell you the stones are CZ after you really push them into a corner. Which is OK in my book - because if they advertised them as CZ they would loose some sparkle.
Of course they try to say that it is better than average CZ

But GordonMax - who I bought a ring from and tested it on an electron X ray scanning gizamazzo at a geologic sample testing facility in Melbourne - it is CZ plain and simple.
But not only that - I know for absolute ceartainty that it is a Swarovski signity CZ - and they mark them up from a few cents to many hundreds of dollars. They are rogues and cheats - I have followed them from the time they initially claimed the stones were a iamond like substance much harder than CZ and containing carbon blah blah blah - they later removed these references after i bought the ACCC to meet them (FTC equivalent) - but the ACCC was pretty useless. They ares still trading, selling franchises and completely fake like their gems.

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Thankyou very much Gary! Im a huge fan!
10.gif

I went into their store and they told me that they are the next generation of CZ and far far superior, harder and wont loose their lusture and are lab-made. I just thought I would ask them though (I''d never buy something from them).

9.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/2/2008 2:08:23 AM
Author: Savvymon
Thankyou very much Gary! Im a huge fan!
10.gif

I went into their store and they told me that they are the next generation of CZ and far far superior, harder and wont loose their lusture and are lab-made. I just thought I would ask them though (I''d never buy something from them).

9.gif
I secret shoped them again in Brisbane on last weekend - they did not lie - something like ''the base is the same as cubic zirconia, but it is superior''
(this is code for stabilised CZ, and i am unaware that anyone uses unstabilised CZ these days.)

liz-e

Rough_Rock
Perhaps Secrets shhhhh is an option while the AU$ recovers (in the next few years.......)
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results