shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for high quality pictures and videos - colorless MMD

nicko1985IPX

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a 1.0ct high grade MMD (G+, VVS2, Ideal cut).
I am having trouble finding any pictures or videos of gemesis, or any other MMD's.
Is anyone able to send me some videos/photos helping to actually assess the quality online?
I understand some of the gemesis labs are in malaysia, I could fly there for about $300 return if anyone knows if they would let me view some on site?
Also, how much would you rely on IGI certification? It seems to me that GIA is far more popular in my city, is this just an Australian thing?
Many thanks in advance,
Nick

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: Looking for high quality pictures and videos - colorless

Nick,

One nice side effect of considering G+ VVS (and VS) and Ideal cut in a round brilliant is that you can essentially buy it sight unseen, based solely on the specs. A photo or video will not give you any new information that isn't already available from the grading report, since the diamond is a clean white color with no visible inclusions. Photos/videos are much more useful in making a decision with SI/I clarity and for fancy shapes and fancy colors.

We take many photos and videos of our diamonds, and one thing to keep in mind is that the environment (camera, lights, positioning, photographer, white balance, post-processing, etc.) will have more to do with how good a particular photo of a diamond looks than anything else. Cut is very difficult to evaluate based solely on a photo or video.

Probably the biggest decision within your criteria is who are you relying on for an "Ideal" cut. The cut proportions (crown, table, pavilion, etc.) are objective and listed on the report, but there are many different interpretations of those angles and percents (the lab that issued the report, GIA, AGS, HCA, AGA, a retailer's own system, etc.).

GIA is considered to be one of the most reliable labs around for mined diamonds, but they chose to only offer incomplete reports for lab diamonds. They do not list a specific color or clarity ("Near Colorless" instead of G, H, I or J, and "Very Slightly Included" instead of VS1 or VS2). This is primarily why you do not see lab diamonds with GIA reports.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results