shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemesis selling online now

mattsaccount

Rough_Rock
I'd signed up to be notified by them when they updated their website, about 1y3mo ago now, and they finally wrote to me. Looks like they're selling yellows and whites now, direct to consumers. I unsubscribed since I'm not in the market any longer, but I figured some here would find it worth looking at.

http://gemesis.com/

On brief examination of their website, I must say it takes a number of cues from D.NEA (d.neadiamonds.com).

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty cool. It makes owning a durable sprarkly diamond, which perfect for an engagement ring, affordable to more people that would otherwise have to go without. Now a person that might only be able to have a .25 carat stone can afford a half carat for about the same.

Lab sapphires and rubies etc sort of look different to me in general because they look so perfect in color and clarity, especially in large sizes. But it sounds like these aren't flawless or totally colorless.

mepp

Rough_Rock
this is quite interesting. these are the first whites i have seen that are truly available in any real quantity up to 1 ct. i'll be curious to see if they can maintain this inventory over time. right now, the diamonds appear to be priced at a slight discount to other sellers, but that might be illusory -- the gemesis stones have IGI gradings, and I think IGI's color and clarity ratings are usually higher than better-respected groups like GIA (maybe someone in the trade can comment on this). seeing any man made diamond company succeed at this would be great. I'm not on the market for a white diamond now -- and I don't know the next time I will be -- but I think my days of buying mined diamonds are now definitely over!

yialanliu

Rough_Rock
It looks good. But yea, knowing the difference between the certs would be great.
Also, I can't wait until some 2+ carats are made!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results