shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this bracelet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new here, yet not so new
9.gif
My ring was posted on the forum, not by me, but by a friend
5.gif

Anyway, my fiance bought me this bracelet, it''s part of my wedding gift. He asked if I like it or should he bring it
back to exchange? (We are not in the same country at this moment)

I think it''s a trillian cut diamond tennise bracelet, total 20 cts. As I am asian, I don''t really know if this bracelet would
be too big for me?

As a bride, I would like people to notice me, not all my diamonds
9.gif
Does this make any sense?

Appreciate any inputs
1.gif

Z

Bracelet for Baby.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is pretty but I am not a huge fan of trillion cuts, so it is hard to say. It is something you would have to try on and see how you feel, a photo is not going to tell you how you like it on you. I think it is a piece you would have forever though.

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Thanks Diamondfan!
1.gif

I suppose it does looks pretty and I should be happy to receive this gift
9.gif

I surf the internet and I can''t really find any trillian cut diamond bracelet at all. He thought I wanted a tennis bracelet,
so he bought me one that he thinks look pretty.

I thought a Round brilliant diamond tennis bracelet would be nicer? or even a pear shaped diamond?

Anyway I should be happy
1.gif

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I think it''s a matter of proportions. Count the number of diamonds in the bracelet, divide the carat weight by the number of diamonds. You will then know the number of points each diamond is.

Are you very petite? Ask yourself if you''re comfortable with that width.

Honestly...I''m not above going to a store and telling my fiance exactly what model I want.
3.gif

Here''s a pretty Tiffany to inspire:
http://www.tiffany.com/shared/images/products/zoom_images/13265933_xl_1.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Best use of trillions I''ve ever seen! It vaguely has an Art Deco appeal.

I''d take that over a much more common tennis bracelet any day.

Whether or not it''s too big for you is only something you can decide.

I don''t know if this is any help at all (different shaped diamonds), but for reference, here''s my 15ctw bracelet with ECs on my not so tiny arm:

widget

0ko-97h287.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a unique and fascinating bracelet! I have never seen anything like it, and I look at quite a lot of jewelry. I say keep it if you're pleased with the way the stones are cut.
emthup.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. Like Widget said, much more unique than a common rb tennis bracelet. I''d keep it in a heartbeat!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I don''t usually like trillion cuts but that bracelet is just gorgeous!! I really like how the stones are fitted together and it does have a feel of art deco. I also like that it is unique and not like every other tennis bracelet that you see. If it was me I would keep it in a heartbeat but you have to be the one that loves it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love that bracelet. It''s very unique and I really like how the trillion diamonds fit together. However, I understand how you feel about it being too blingy. I''d want something that I would wear during and after my wedding. If you don''t see yourself wearing it much, I''d exchange it for something you''d wear on a regular basis. That trillion bracelet is too pretty not to be worn on a regular basis!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet he chose it thinking it was beautiful and unique like you!
2.gif
I think it''s gorgeous...but if you don''t think you''ll feel comfortable wearing it and would like something more traditional, a bracelet of RB''s would be a great choice as well.
35.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Well, this bracelet has 40 diamonds, thus each diamond is about 0.5 cts.

I actually did show him a bracelet I like.... I was shopping at Tiffany and tried this on: -

Tiffany Bangle

I thought that''s a nice & simple enough bangle for the wedding and other casual event wear.

He has this habit of buying me jewelry to surprise me, even though I have pointed out what I wanted
9.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Thanks Widget! I did thought of that last night too! I have never come across any trillion cut diamond in Singapore at all! I thought it''s more common in USA?

I wear a size 5 1/4 ring and my wrist are actually rather small.

Thank you for showing ya pic as example
1.gif
I can''t help but notice your big ring instead
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I missed that minor detail.
4.gif
0.50cts each and a total of 20cts!? *drool* Now THAT is some major bling.
30.gif

The Tiffany bangle is really nice. Have you seen these bangles from Whiteflash? Maybe you could get the largest one. With 18 diamonds and 3.00ctw, each one is about .17cts. Yum!
30.gif

ETA- I just remembered you said he would bring it back to exchange so I guess the WF bangle is out of the question.

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Thanks Madam Bijoux, FireGoddess, Catmom, snlee & monarch64
1.gif
I have yet to see a trillian cut diamond, so I am not sure if I like the cut. But all of you are right.....it''s growing on me
9.gif
It seems such an unique piece. I am happy!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 11:23:22 PM
Author: ZoeFL
1.gif
I have yet to see a trillian cut diamond, so I am not sure if I like the cut. But all of you are right.....it''s growing on me
9.gif
9.gif
Not only is it a beautiful and substantial piece, but he got WAY more than his money''s worth from wherever he got you that versus the Tiffany piece. I''d be thanking him if it were me.
2.gif
10.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 1:22:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 6/4/2007 11:23:22 PM
1.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Not only is it a beautiful and substantial piece, but he got WAY more than his money''s worth from wherever he got you that versus the Tiffany piece. I''d be thanking him if it were me.
2.gif
10.gif
You are so right!!!
9.gif
I will go thank him right this instant!
5.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Updates:

My FI will be returning the bracelet to Landers & Co Jewellers at Santa Monica.

Reason: He forgot about conflict free diamonds. The bracelet came without it. He caught a documentary about blood diamond recently and feel extremely guilty about buying the bracelet now. I am also against buying blood diamonds.

He asked for my opinion and we both agreed to return it, even though I have grown to like it a lot
9.gif

He does not know the return policy of this store, so we shall see.

Sighs, I told him he has to make up for those wasted anticipation he got me into
20.gif
but I am glad he cares as much
5.gif

Time for some bracelet hunting then!
18.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry to hear you won''t be wearing your trillion set bracelet, but I totally understand your FI and you being green and giving back sort of to the world...thanks again for sharing your story. If you have another greener story, please share, we would love to hear it.
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this one and I have to say I am sorry you aren''t keeping it, although I understand why. I think it''s a really neat bracelet and the best use of trillions I''ve ever seen.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s unfortunate you won''t be keeping such a beautiful piece, but of course I understand why. Happy hunting for a new, conflict free stone bracelet!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 2:11:16 AM
Author: monarch64
sorry to hear you won''t be wearing your trillion set bracelet, but I totally understand your FI and you being green and giving back sort of to the world...thanks again for sharing your story. If you have another greener story, please share, we would love to hear it.
35.gif

Thanks monarch64
5.gif

I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid, that''s the Green Car of 2006. Does that count?
41.gif
hehehehehe :D

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Thanks TravelingGal. I know, I was growing to like it alot, but I guess we can always try to custom made one?
1.gif

Thanks FireGoddess!
5.gif
We are meeting in London next week. Hopefully there''s something there for me!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2007 7:47:56 AM

35.gif

Thanks monarch64
5.gif

41.gif
Of course it counts ZoeFL! I think that''s great! Wish i could say the same, but I''m still driving an SUV...

I saw your wedding dress thread over in BWW...I like your dress!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How unfortunate that you aren''t keeping the bracelet but I understand why. It''s great to see people being conscious about purchasing conflict free diamonds. Happy shopping for a new bracelet!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 1:35:51 AM

Date: 6/13/2007 7:47:56 AM

35.gif

Thanks monarch64
5.gif

41.gif
Of course it counts ZoeFL! I think that''s great! Wish i could say the same, but I''m still driving an SUV...

I saw your wedding dress thread over in BWW...I like your dress!
Thanks monarch64!
5.gif
Too bad there wasn''t much choice of a green car around and a hybrid is more expensive than its usual
33.gif
I hope the govt. should support people going green instead of making us pay more
20.gif

Thanks! I think I have to get my dress to a tailor this weekend. Beverly Hills has lot of lovely dresses! I love shopping there
9.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 2:08:24 AM
Author: snlee
How unfortunate that you aren''t keeping the bracelet but I understand why. It''s great to see people being conscious about purchasing conflict free diamonds. Happy shopping for a new bracelet!
Thanks snlee!
5.gif

Well, there''s new updates again. My FI went back to the shop, they will take it back but only refund the money 1 week later! My FI is not going to be around 1 week later coz he is meeting me in London. It''s quite a hefty sum of monies so my FI took back the bracelet to ask for my opinion. Should we trust them? Give them the bracelet and trust them to debit it back to our account 1 week later? Should we just keep the bracelet? My FI said at least we tried, that''s all that matters....

Oh, we don''t live in LA, he is there for work occasionally. Sorry for the drama, I prefer a simple life but it doesn''t seem to always work out that way....
emdgust.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 5:34:32 AM
Give them the bracelet and trust them to debit it back to our account 1 week later? Should we just keep the bracelet? My FI said at least we tried, that''s all that matters....
Obviously, if you decide to return it, for credit, get some kind of receipt, documentation that you did return it...

Well, perhaps I should be ashamed, but I''d keep it. He did try, afterall, and what about having a huge credit balance in a modern jewelry store?? It seems like you''d end up using it on something else with questionable provenance.

This leads me to a question: Does anyone know a specific DATE/YEAR before which one could assume the diamonds are conflict free? Then I suppose a consciencious person could look for estate pieces manufactured before that year...
33.gif

widget

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work at a commercial jeweller and we were all briefed on this a while ago. If the bracelet has a certificate (does it??) then it''s highly unlikely to be a conflict diamond, as most if not all certified dealers and manufacturers have safeguards in place to ensure they don''t purchase conflict diamonds, or put them in their jewellery.

The Kimberly Process (of Diamond Certification) is a movement that''s been put in place where sellers and purchasers agree to abide by certain rules when obtaining diamonds, to make sure they''re conflict free. The Kimberly Process attempts to document all diamonds and their movements through the international market. Certain diamond purchasers, and I would imagine most, have made agreements to only work with diamonds that are presumed conflict free. After all, if their customers cannot be assured that they are buying conflict-free diamonds, their sales would probably be affected, so it''s in their best interests. I''m sure you know about this but I found it all pretty interesting and very reassuring.

Plus, I think the percentage odds of purchasing a conflict diamond are pretty low... nowadays it''s said that conflict diamonds make up less then 4% of the world''s diamond market, and the majority of those I would imagine, would be from uncertified dealers.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why a week later? Do they need that much time to come up with the money? If so, I''d tell them to get the money and the exchange will occur at the same time. Do they want to check that you didn''t switch out stones or something? I''d definitely want proof that I returned it before I handed it over and walked out of the store, and preferably from a manager or owner, not a salesperson.

If DA is right though...I''d keep it!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Widget, nothing to be ashamed of
emsmile.gif
It is an amazing bracelet or my FI wouldn''t have bought it too.

Like DandiAndi said Kimberly process will ensure that diamonds come from non conflicting countries in Africa. As different mines have different minerals that is part of the properties of it''s diamond. Thus that''s how one can truly know. Because there''s a lot of smuggling going on in Africa for conflict diamonds.

I hope you are right DandiAndi....

FireGoddess, they said they need to get thru their account department to process the payment, thus 1 week later. I feel that it''s more their technique used to get us thinking twice about returning the bracelet.

My FI took the bracelet to another jeweler to appraise it and also find the diamonds origin.....

I will let you guys know later..if we are indeed keeping the bracelet
5.gif
thanks for all of your concern
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results