shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing Gold, Platinum, Silver etc, at the same time??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
I have a issue at the moment.. DH ordered my eternity ring last month, (hoping it will be here within the next week or so) and it is Platinum, which is what I wanted. It will be a right hand ring, with my left hand having my yellow gold engagement and wedding rings. My earrings are yellow gold (can''t wear anything else) and I have a yellow gold bangle and Belcher bracelet which I wear usually one on the left, one on the right. My right hand currently has a plain gold band, which has i think a strip of silver, placed over the top. this ring will come off and be replaced with my eternity ring.

Now.... Does anyone wear different colours at the same time? Would it be a clash to have my yellow gold earrings, bracelets and left hand rings, along with my Platinum RHR, BUT then add to the mix, gold bracelets on the left and a silver bracelet on the right? I ask about the silver on the right, as I have been looking at Bacio Bracelets in silver.

Anyone wear a mixture like this? Would it be too much? Going shopping next weekend with a bit of luck..DH has said if I cant find a Bacio bracelet and beads I am happy with, then I will have to come home and order myself a solitaire pendant...think he has been listening to me obsess over them a little too much the last week lol..

Thoughts anyone??

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not into white gold or platinum.

but i wear a 22k e-ring with an 18k wedding band on the same hand on which my index finger sports a huge silver ring.

the other hand has a huge silver ring flanked on the right by an 18k gold ring and on the left by "gasp" a glass ring.

obviously, i''m not hung up on mixing metals or mediums.

wear what makes YOU happy!

mz

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mixing colours doesn''t bother me, but I don''t like to mix metals.

adjacent rings are like little bits of grit shaving away at each other, and I worry for the softer ones!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I think I planned my jewelry wardrobe based on the fact that I love wearing white and yellow golds equally. My wedding set is white gold (but I also have a plain yellow gold band that I can wear instead). I wear a two tone watch. Then I might add one or two more pieces of white metal or yellow gold depending on what clothes I''m wearing.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mix metals all the time. I wear 2-3 rings on the on both my left and right hands. My engagement and wedding bands are both yellow, but when I feel like it it put a white gold eternity between them. I''ve gotten plenty of compliments on that, as I have just wearing the white eternity with the gold engagement.

On the other hand I wear a yellow gold and diamond pinkie ring that was my mom''s, and an engraved platinum band with white diamonds and a radiant yellow diamond center.

I guess for me it''s not the color that keeps me from mixing, but the style. As long as the sizes and styles don''t clash and the rings don''t really bash one another all the time, the colors not being matchy doesn''t bother me. I mean, designers make mixed metal jewelry all the time, right?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I like mixed metals. If you want, you can dip the yellow gold in rhodium. I did that to make my regagement ring (Plat) and eternity band (yellow) match. I think the quality of this varies. Mine cost $35 and I have worn it everyday for 15 months with no wear whatsoever. Other people report poor results. I had mine done in the jewelry district in Philly.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to dipping if you''re concerned with matching.

In general, I don''t mind mixed metals as long as they don''t have lots of stones too.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Im a huge fan of mixing metals and styles of jewelry...but there has to be a balance to the look...dont throw everything you own on and thing it will balance out.examlpe...two tone rolex as the major piece...on the same hand where a white metal ring on the other a yellow ring and the bracelet on the same arm is is yellow or two-tone,the neclace and the earrings should be same color.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 9:07:15 AM
Author: Pink Tower
I like mixed metals. If you want, you can dip the yellow gold in rhodium. I did that to make my regagement ring (Plat) and eternity band (yellow) match. I think the quality of this varies. Mine cost $35 and I have worn it everyday for 15 months with no wear whatsoever. Other people report poor results. I had mine done in the jewelry district in Philly.
Yeah, I have heard of poor results with rhodium plating over yellow good, too. Personally I wouldn''t risk it.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
I don't mix colors for some crazy reason, many of my friends do!
Silver is not my favorite
5.gif
But do mix white gold pieces & watch with platinum.
I also tend to mix high karat [21-22-24] with 18k time to time, also have 21k watch to go with those LOL
For some strange reason, I don't wear much nowadays.

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies ladies
1.gif

I''m not really wanting to rhodium plate my gold rings. I love them being the 18k they are. I have a yellow gold belcher bracelet and bangle which I wear almost all the time. If one isn''t on me, it is usually the bulkier belcher that stays off.

Jewelerman - I think that is what I am leaning towards doing, yellow gold on the left, platinum ring on right hand with a Bacio bracelet in silver or the oxidised silver....just not sure what colour beads to put with it and if it would then start looking a little tacky??
I suppose the only way is to go and see when we are near the shop next weekend hey :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
I never mix gold color. It''s only matter of taste.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, now I see. You didn''t mention that your gold is 18K!!! To me, that is an entirely different ballgame. The ring I had dipped was 14K. I dislike the ''blah'' color of 14K, so I was thrilled to get rid of the look.
I would never dip 18K. My rolex is 18K and stainless, and those two colors compliment each other. Wear your mix in good health and enjoy your jewelry.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I say wear what you want. I try to match sometimes but other times I just wear what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results