shape
carat
color
clarity

vintage platinum class ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dupey

Rough_Rock
I have a men''s 1977 class ring from Star Engraving that is supposed to be platinum. It has "Star" and "Q PAL" stamped inside. Is it really platinum and how much is it worth? Thanks.
18.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Look I know you are new here...(by the way...welcome...) but you commented a major faux paux...

You referred to 1977 as vintage. I am not telling you how old I am...but I will tell you 1977 occured during my lifetime...and well...vintage is inferring that I or others like me might be old and antique. So...I was hoping you may consider a correction and retract your oldie but goodie moniker...and just say 1977. Oh in the future feel free to say anything over 50 years is vintage.

On a serious note...is there any other details on the ring you can provide?

DKS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have a picture of it? Sounds cool!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:03:01 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Look I know you are new here...(by the way...welcome...) but you commented a major faux paux...

You referred to 1977 as vintage. I am not telling you how old I am...but I will tell you 1977 occured during my lifetime...and well...vintage is inferring that I or others like me might be old and antique. So...I was hoping you may consider a correction and retract your oldie but goodie moniker...and just say 1977. Oh in the future feel free to say anything over 50 years is vintage.

DKS

Well, I guess I''m either vintage or antique.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping that someone would take this further and say he couldn''t use 1967 or 57 or ??? as vintage. We could go all the way back to????
2.gif

DKS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:03:01 PM

DKS
Yeah!! I'm an oldie too. 1977 vintage??
6.gif

DKS you meant comitted a major faux paux??

Would love to see some pics, if you can post them for us!!
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You are right! I commented on committing a major faux paux and did one myself. I was hung up on the correct spelling of faux paux... is it actually faux pas or paus or something...I knew I got that part wrong...

Guess I need to be committed to a spelling asylum.

Drats...I can''t go back and edit it...so from here on out I will look like an idiot...no wait...I already do.

Is it just me, or does using the term vintage with 1977 seem weird? Poor guy he is never coming back. Dear fella, please know I was just trying to have a little fun while waiting for you to post more details or photos. I didn''t intend any harm, honest.

DKS

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey I am vintage. I will be going to my 40th High School reunion this September. LOL

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 12:28:52 AM
You are right! I commented on committing a major faux paux and did one myself. I was hung up on the correct spelling of faux paux... is it actually faux pas or paus or something...I knew I got that part wrong...

Guess I need to be committed to a spelling asylum.

Drats...I can''t go back and edit it...so from here on out I will look like an idiot...no wait...I already do.

Is it just me, or does using the term vintage with 1977 seem weird? Poor guy he is never coming back. Dear fella, please know I was just trying to have a little fun while waiting for you to post more details or photos. I didn''t intend any harm, honest.

DKS
Nah sweetie. I can''t spell worth a lick. I thought it was Faux Pas, but seeing it as Faux Paux looked better. Anyway,wasn''t making a faux pas out of you.
1.gif
13.gif

Gosh I hope, the op comes back with pics of this ring. I really want to see it!!!
35.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
13.gif
back at cha, K.

Me too. I hope my kidding him didn''t scare him away. He only has the one post...I could have knocked him out. We are pleading with you...show us some pics!!

DKS

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 12:41:24 AM
Author: Linda W
Hey I am vintage. I will be going to my 40th High School reunion this September. LOL

Linda

Whew....that made me feel better. This year is only my 30th....1977 graduate. Maybe you''re antique.
9.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 1:10:15 AM
13.gif
back at cha, K.

Me too. I hope my kidding him didn''t scare him away. He only has the one post...I could have knocked him out. We are pleading with you...show us some pics!!

DKS

I hope he didn''t get scared off. Poor guy. We''re just having fun.
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi dupey! i don''t think you have a platinum ring. it is probably paladium and the Q PAL is likely referring to its components.

after googling i found star engraving no longer does class rings. i have never heard of anyone having a platinum class ring but i am sure there are probably some out there. i would like to see one if anybody has one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results