shape
carat
color
clarity

Turn earring stones into ring stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Hypothetically, could you take a set of earrings like these & make a ring (or 4!) out of the main stones? My latest obsession is rose cuts & am wondering about just looking at old pieces that I may be able to "raid" for a center stone. I'd have to split this pair of earring between several friends (hypothetically, of course!).....

www.faycullen.com/earrings/400/e1021e4d.html

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see why you couldn''t.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
How about two rings with floating halos (duh
1.gif
), another with the two round diamonds as side stones, and a plain pear (with maybe smaller diamonds added into the shank)? Or maybe you could take out the halo of one of the halo rings and use the stones from there for the band, and have the other one be a clean, simple band pear solitaire.

This way there will be at least three different designs, four if you go the latter route.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking that 2 people may be able to split the set & do rings with the bigger stones and pendants with the smaller ones. You could farm these stones out in a bunch of different ways. I wonder what the actual appraised value of the piece is....word is that this vendor does not have a very good return policy. VERY hard to come by rose cuts, though. I need to quickly inherit some $$$......

susi

Shiny_Rock
Kellyfish, yes, I did this. Used my Grandmother''s ering stone to make one of a pair of earrings, bought a stone to match it and wore these as an earring set for years.

Then, I took both and put them on the side of a slightly larger stone for a 3 stone ring years later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results