shape
carat
color
clarity

Rodium in Vintage Costume Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susanat777

Rough_Rock
Is rodium or rhodium a derivative of platinum white gold? Cost of rodium versus sterling silver? I use a magnet on my costume jewelry. Non-magnetic indicating silver, sterling silver, gold, brass. Is rodium non-magnetic also?? I have quite a large collection of vintage Art Deco rhinestone jewelry. Am wondering if alot of the pieces that I assumed was sterling silver is rodium. I did find on a previous post here that rhodium is much shiny than sterling silver.

I am new to this web site and finding a wealth of information. Would appreciate any help on this subject.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I could be wrong about this, but I believe rhodium is used only to plate other metals, not to construct the entire piece of jewelry. You could have rhodium-plated silver, rhodium-plated gold, rhodium-plated pot metal, etc.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glitterata is correct. Rhodium is too brittle and hard to work with to make a ring from.

You will only have rhodium plated items.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results