shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about Dirty Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gpandrew

Rough_Rock
I''m doing a bit of research about the negative effects of gold mining, both social and environmental. I''ve been through the nodirtygold.org site so I''m well versed in the issue, but a few holes remain. Notably, how are consumers and jewelers addressing the issue first-hand?

I''m interested to know how wedding ring shoppers have attempted (suceeded?) in buying friendlier gold. What issues were most important for you personally in buying ethical gold? How difficult was it to find?

Also very interested to know how jewelers approach the issue? Where does your gold come from? How do you know the validity of its source? Are you concerned about where it comes from? The impact of the process on people and the environment? Are there any complications with avoiding dirty gold? Are your customers concerned about this issue?

Please, if you have thoughts, I''d love to open a dialogue.

Finally, a disclaimer. This is a new username. I havent been to the site in many years since the fine folks at Pricescope helped me find an "ethically mined" diamond. Thanks for that! The ring is still on my wife''s finger. But, my username has been lost to the ravages of time. I had used an unusual name and a seldom-used email, so that my fiance at the time would be none the wiser. It worked, but now I''ve forgotten it too. So, I''m returning with a rookie username to learn about a subject which I never bothered to investigate before. Thanks for your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results